The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

F-14 Ace's art

F-14 Ace · 60 · 12200

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is where I'll post my pictures from now on.  

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
The top one is real nice but dang! That must really hurt.   :o

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice pictures, but I agree, the top one does look like he's hurt pretty bad.  Are the pictures an extra in additional to your story, or do you do it more like the old Prince Valient comic strip where the text is under each picture?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: General Grievous,Sep 18 2008 on  05:09 PM
The top one is real nice but dang! That must really hurt.   :o
Well I don't know what it's like to get shot (nor do I want to) but I imagine it isn't too pleasant.    

Nice pictures, but I agree, the top one does look like he's hurt pretty bad. Are the pictures an extra in additional to your story, or do you do it more like the old Prince Valient comic strip where the text is under each picture?

It's not a comic strip.  It is actually like a book I'm writing.  I just drew the pictures of the characters to go along with it.  If you're interested in checking it out, the link is in my sig.  I always like getting reviews, especially since I plan to publish toe book once it is done.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is yet another scene from the story.  Here, we have Rhen (who has recovered from his injuries at the top of the page) facing off with Yazet, a belligerent and aggressive moose bent on asserting his dominance over everyone, not just members of his own species.  Yazet is quite annoyed that RHen refuses to fight him and resorts to calling him a coward and even going so far as to call him a "prairie cow".  Calling a bison a "prairie cow" is the equivalent of calling a black person the N-word.    

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like you are quite skilled at story telling and can draw an interesting picture too, good luck.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The pictures look really nice and the characters well proportioned :)
As for a suggestion of possible improvement I think you could do so when you color the picture. When you color the characters or landscapes you could sort of trace the shapes of whatever you are coloring instead of applying lines of arbitrarily direction. The direction of the lines is as visible as the colors and one can create great plastic effects by working with the direction of lines. In some cases (e.g. the fur of a bison or grass that is nearby the viewer) on can create really interesting effects by creating a pattern retracing the probably shape of what you are drawing. It may take a little more time, but the effects can be amazing.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am currently working on a picture with Blaze and his mate, Tocka, in it.  I plan to do one with Heather as well.  Perhaps I may try some LBT fanart sometime.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Hmm, nice.
Very nice pictures.  :lol:

Can't wait to see your LBT pics (eventually).  :P:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is my new picture of Blaze with his mate, Tocka.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aww.  They look so happy in that picture.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A very sweet scene.  Those 2 look very happy together.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Something to consider when using colored pencils: color in one direction otherwise you get lines going in all sorts of ways.  See how much more consistent my drawing was because I didn't suddenly go up/down, left/right when coloring.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/mr3...stmas-final.jpg

That will help a lot.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww, how sweet. ^^
I agree with Petrie. Your pictures would look even better. =)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm glad everybody likes them so far.  I am trying to decide is I should draw my Jedi character next or is I should try to draw my LBT characters.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is a fixed version of my origional Rhen drawing.  He looks a lot better than he did before.  I made his fur darker and he looks shaggier than before.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice picture.  It looks like you are improving.  Continue drawing & trying to improve.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, yes, he really looks better now.  :smile