The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Removing a character from a screenshot

Guest · 6 · 2673

Bruton the Iguanodon

I picked up something from a nostalgia critic review that I found interesting.

We all probably recognize  this screenshot from "The Lion King"

But I was surprised to see this---whoever edited the video completely managed to remove Mufasa!

I was a little surprised at first. The area Mufasa was blocking couldn't possibly be part of the animation...could it?

Well, I took a closer look at it and saw something. Look at the area on the left where Mufasa is in the movie. You'll notice that the section to his left is repeated where he should be.

So it's not a technique that works perfectly. But to the untrained eye it works pretty dang well!  :smile

So...anyone ever thought about trying this for LBT?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hehe, this sounds funny, man :lol

But I think my skills are not good enough to edit and cut pictures that good ^^
But maybe others could do it :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
What kind of project would you want to use this technique for? Because theoretically you could do it to any screenshots.

Bruton the Iguanodon

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yes.  I've done this many times.  I removed Ruby and Chomper from an LBT background image before because I just wanted the GOF in there.  If you spend enough time on it and the resolution of the image is high enough, you can make it 100% perfect and undetectable.