The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What if LBT had their own little school?

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If LBT had their own academy or elementary school if you will, I would imagine this episode as a bit of a comedy/education show. I could imagine Mr. Thicknose as one of the many teachers in this school and Topsy as the principal. The school would probably look like a small mountain full of glow-in-the-dark crystals and stone chairs topped with soft tree stars to soften the "sitting experience". I could imagine them having subjects about Science(Grandpa as science teacher) , Language Arts(Petries Mom as language teacher), History(Mr. Thicknose as history teacher), and maybe Math(Duckys mom as math teacher). The capacity would have about 25 kids.

Speaking of kids, You ever wonder if their are any other children in the great valley? I know it is focused on the main characters but aren't there any others? Maybe having a school would be the best way to meet other dinos and make new friends.

While posting here be sure to use your

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
What type of history can they teach? They ARE history  :lol .

Also, I believe that there HAS to be other children in the valley. In many of the movies and TV episodes, egg nests are EVERYWHERE, so babies and children have to come sooner or later. In LBT III, the bullies had to be children at some point, right? And I know we are supposed to use our imagination and LBT is not based on hardcore facts, but wouldn't their parents be their teachers? All they got to learn is how to survive.

But what the heck, I always imagined Topsy as a P.E. teacher and Grandpa as Principal and would have raised the kid cap to 50.

And I always imagined that thweir schoo, building would be a bit Flinstones-ish  :lol

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Technically they already have a type of 'school' system in place with the stories that Grandpa gives them.  They are not just for the sense of it to fill up scene time but to instruct knowledge, even if it is a type of learning tale (wisdom passing).  Indeed, the whole basis of the Big Freeze film, was on lessons with Thicknose and that did instruct.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm...good question. But, don't they have their 'own little teaching system' already? I mean Mr. Thicknose in LBT 8 were teaching them and giving them his 'wisdom.' But if they did I think that Topsy would definetely be the gym teacher and  most student probably wouldn't see him as their 'favorite teacher' :lol: Grandpa Longneck could be their principal I guess, he's fair and at the rock circle in LBT 7 he seemed to be opening and closing the discussions. Mr. Thicknose probably would be a history teacher or a social. And that's about all I can think of right now.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if they had a school system like ours, I think the following grownups would be best suited for the following positions:

*Mr. Thicknose: Philosophy
*Grandpa Longneck: History/Social Studies
*Grandma Longneck: Principal
*Mr. Threehorn: P.E.
*Ms. Swimmer: School nurse/Health :smile  
*Tria: Art/English
*Ms. Flyer: Science/Math
*Ms. Maia: Detention hall leader :p
*Mr. Clubtail: Cook :lol

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Mr. Clubtail: Cook
He'll be cooking and eating up the food before anybody gets a chance to taste it.

I got another one. The school would be called "The Great Elementary School". The rules would be No Biting, No Bullying, and No Rock Chewing. The dress code would be...oh wait...they don't wear any clothes. :lol:
Cafeteria food would be The Great Green Salad, Spinach and Stars Salad, Brocoli Jabroni Salad, and Tremendous Treestars Salad!

Every classroom would have 15 kids max with a total of 8 classrooms. :yes

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Mr. Thicknose would probably be one of the best teachers. Not sure what the others could do aside from Grandpa Longneck spreading his wisdom.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:43:25 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I thought the Land Before Time gang already had a school so this isn't really much of a hypothetical.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
That would be a very interesting scenario. I've never thought of it. Creating a school-themed LBT series could be a good way to educate today's generation, actually.

As for the children, there's definitely more children out there in the Great Valley than just the gang. They just don't tend to go on adventures just like the gang.