The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your username in songs!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

I saw this thing on DeviantArt and did it with my DeviantArt username. Basically, you pick a song foor every letter in your name and share it  :smile

Here's mine
Here's mine from DeviantArt. Might do one for my GoF name as well :)

I think this is a fun way to share music with others ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Get ready for a whole wack of video game music.

F - Final Hours by Theophany. This person so far has done 2 albums dedicated just to Majora's Mask. I always loved the music that played during the last 6 hours in Majora's Mask. It's such a calm song for the imminent catastrophe that was about to occur. There are other songs across the 2 albums that I like more like Oath to Order and Healing Termina but Final Hours is my favorite from the game.

L - La Villa Strangiato by Rush. Oh wow, a Canadian that likes Rush! What a twist :p I love Rush's instrumentals and this one stands at the top for me.

A - Aquatic Lullaby by Sebastion Martensson. A remix of one of the more unique songs in Metroid Prime done for Harmony of a Hunter 101% Run project (A project that had various artist compose a song to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Metroid for the first album and the 10th anniversary of Metroid Prime for the 2nd). I was a fan of the original with it's calm piano but the addition of a guitar works well here as well.

T - The World Rises by Sam Dillard. Generally 'the's don't count for categorizing music but screw it I'm counting it. Sam Dillard was my favorite artist out of Harmony of the Hunter and I was pleased when I found out he then went on to make a separate Metroid ablum followed by Chrono Trigger (and now more recently Zelda). This song stands as the final in the album for Chrono Tigger, consisting of the final two phases of Lavos and the end credits, which happens to be my favorite song in the game.

H - Hyrule Castle from Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Like any curious person, the first thing I did in BotW was try to go straight to Hyrule Castle (and undoubtedly got wrecked, but that's ok). One of my first reactions was how good this song was. It's one of the few songs where I can just leave a 1 hour extended version in the background and listen the whole way through. It seems like Nintendo just decided on throwing in themes and aspects of around 5 different songs together and makes it work.

E - Elegie, 3rd movement from Tchaikovsky's Serenade. I first got acquainted with this piece in high school orchestra, though we only played the fourth movement as the others were quite a lot more difficult (just look at how high the 1st violin goes. That's well beyond 3rd position on the E string...gross). The 3rd movement is by far my favorite of the bunch and I love the high range Cello parts. I used to have both first and second parts for the violin but I couldn't find them last time I looked.

A - Action Battle (Working Title) by ACE. It's only a temporary name but I'll take it as I loved the music that was in the first Xenoblade Chronicles and I was happy to hear that the same group is back to do the music for 2. This song reminds me a lot of Mechanical Rhythm where the drums and guitar have a metal vibe with stringed instruments thrown in for good measure. Xenoblade Chronicles was one of the few games where I would actively look to farm enemies just to listen to the music.

D - Destroyed Skyworld from Kid Icarus: Uprising. This one was a little hard to think of. Decided to go with Kid Icarus as I feel like this game's music rivals Nintendo's more major franchises and seems to largely go unnoticed it seems. The Chaos Kin arc in the game came completely out of left field but was also the most interesting in my opinion. The melody reflects the part well with trying to reclaim your home and picks up intensity in the following chapter as things build up.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm... Let's see...

L - Let's Go Outside - The String Cheese Incident
I - If We Hold On Together - Diana Ross. Yay for the "I" in my name!! :)littlefoot

T - That's All - Genesis

T - They Don't Care About Us - Michael Jackson

L - Low Rider - War

E - Everyday Is a Winding Road - Sheryl Crow

F - Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz

O - On the Wings of an Eagle - John Denver

O - Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
T - Tyrannosaurus - Ian Cooke. Ironic, I know  :OhYou

505 - 505 - Arctic Monkeys

I might do more later!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:15:38 AM by Littlefoot505 »

Littlefoot fan 1990