The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Any one here into techno?

Guest · 29 · 6757

arboldin

I like breakbeat Japanese techno w/ zero lyrics. Other American kinds I like, and I like some European underground styles too. If you get Tourist Trophy ( The Real Riding Simulator) there are some cool techno tracks. When i race my Honda CBR1000XX i put the Race SFX to a minimum of 7, and the music SFX to 20. I am also a fan of ACDC, and others...

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
OMG! I love techno!  And Trance, and electronica.  :lol

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll listen to techno if I'm in the mood for it.  For me, the best place for techno is in my car. :p   :D

I tend to like cleaner-sounding techno (no Dirty Mixes for me, thanks).  I'll listen to techno for a few reasons.  If I'm happy and want something danceish to listen to, that's active, and I want ao break from rock music.

I also like nice, powerful, moving ambient, downbeat music if I'm in the mood for that.  I just don't like ugly techno or hardcore techno.  

Anyone who's into electronica, check out this website:
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
The Guide to Electronic Music!  It's a flash site that talks about all the supposed genres of electronica and its evolution, with demos of each style.  I like it!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like Simple Minds' "Don't You" and Europe's "The Final Countdown" from the 80s.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Europe's "The Final Countdown" from the 80s.
Ahh, I know this one.  I have their CD with this song on it! B) Bought it on sale at Wal-Mart, LOL.

How about the classic:
Darude - Sandstorm.  Many people say it was over-rated.  I say it was, to an extent.  It had little progression or development, but it brought a new sound to the trance scene.

Any trance fans here?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'll listen to techno if I'm in the mood for it. For me, the best place for techno is in my car.

Yeah we'll hear you five miles away with that huge ass subwoofer you got in the back.  :lol  :rolleyes:

No techno for me unless its a remix of something that I like...then perhaps I'll give it a chance, but certainly no pure techno.  Classic rock, that I like.  :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah we'll hear you five miles away with that huge ass subwoofer you got in the back.
Oh, you mean this one? :p

Yeah, well....If you hear me, way up here in Canada, just let me know and I'll turn it down...Maybe :lol

Oh, that reminds me!  I need to adjust my amplifier tomorrow. The crossover and gain levels need some tweaking.  I kept forgetting to do that! B)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't easily define Techno or Classic Rock, so if it's old or made a few decades ago, then chances are, I like it. I'm an oldies fan.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like 50's rock, and some 60's.  Not sure of the other types of music, I'm sure I"d like at least some songs.  Though I"m not sure exactly what each type is, not being a music expert.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 6 2006 on  02:22 AM
How about the classic:
Darude - Sandstorm.  Many people say it was over-rated.  I say it was, to an extent.  It had little progression or development, but it brought a new sound to the trance scene.

Any trance fans here?
Now there is some classic tuneage right THERE my friend!  :DD If anything, Trance, Electronica, Techno...anything along those lines I could listen to for ages  :D Anything with a rhythm to get ya outta your seat to make your feet move! I'd have to say the Dutch man DJ Tiesto's got my fav place at the moment but there are some classic pieces out there than I could listen to time and time again:

Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation
Faithless - Insomnia
DJ Sammy - Heaven
William Orbit - Barber's Adagio for Strings (to name a select few)

Does anyone out there on the scene go as far as listening to the real hardcore Trance stuff? It's a lot faster and much more energetic breed of beast compared to say the likes of the ones I've named above. If anyone's interested, look up names like Dougal & Gammer, Hixxy, Dark Monks etc. That's more of the hardcore artists. I've also got a number of trance remixes of tunes like Final Fantasy 7, Never Ending Story and even Tetris! Gotta love 'em  ;)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I, myself, have a taste for classical music such as Beethoven and the like.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like classical, also some new age, and Celtic.  Didn't know you could mention other types of music in this thread.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Threads are very easily derailed here from their original purpose. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It appears so.  :)

Guess I"m more use the admin jumping on a thread that is off topic and quickly locking it.  It feels like more of a friendly place here, among the admin and especially the members here.  :)   Though Ive only been here about 6 weeks roughly.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Nov 29 2007 on  10:15 PM
Threads are very easily derailed here from their original purpose. :lol
No need to fret. It's an open-ended discussion. Just coz it says about "techno" in the title doesn't mean that other areas of interest can't be expressed ;) With so many different branches of music out there, I'm surprised there isn't a single class of music for every individual out there!  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is some stuff I like in every music I have listened to though there are some types I like more then others.  I have some Celtic on my mp3 player I listen to sometimes to help me get to sleep.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i dont mind classic rock but techno sucks besides r & b its my least fav type of music

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How dare you insult techno? I love the fast-paced electronic music. That is what I glowstring to. And DDR to as well.