The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Dreams?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I had Land Before Time dreams before in the past, but I could never recall them when I awoke.

Last night I distinctively remember Littlefoot in my dream, but I could not remember any context whatsoever.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
People seem to have lot of LBT-related dreams, whereas I'm lucky if I ever see one.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
People seem to have lot of LBT-related dreams, whereas I'm lucky if I ever see one.
To be fair LBT is quite rare on my dream list, which is odd because I'm pretty sure it'll end up as a lucid dream if I was in a LBT scenario.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
LBT dreams are pretty rare for me as well. I've only had three of them so far. Hopefully I have another one sometime.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I probably had one like many years ago, so it's only natural that I don't remember much about that, much less in detail. I guess I just have to wait for new ones to arrive sooner or later. Most of the time, I cannot even remember my ''normal'' dreams, they tend to just drift away from my mind.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I often don't remember my dreams either (like last night for example), so there could very well have been other LBT dreams that I've simply forgotten. There's still plenty of occasions when I can recall my dream the very moment I wake up. But unless I actually lie there for a bit and fully process my dream and try to absorb as many details as I can, then the dream will often fade away completely as the day progresses.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried to lucid dream with little/no success? I tried to control my dreams a couple of times in the past, and it doesn’t seem to work even though I realize I’m dreaming. I don’t actively try to do it nowadays. Is it something you have do a lot in order to fully master it?

And besides LBT dreams, I also hope to have Watership Down and Animals of Farthingwood dreams as well. Although, since I don’t think about them a lot (compared to LBT at least), it would be the least likely to occur.

Watching this vid got me interested again, although I think I won’t be trying it again until much, much later on.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lYSX51xBkos

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I tried to control my dreams infinite times before. I WANT to control them. :O
In the most of cases, after I realize I am inside the dream and so I have a chance to control it, my dream CONSTANTLY MESSING WITH MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It either makes me forget about that, or makes  me wish asolutely random thing, not what I plan at the beginning. :/
Oh, and in the rest of cases, it simply refuses to be under my control, even if I try, or simply dream ends and I wake up... :/
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I tried to control my dreams infinite times before. I WANT to control them. :O

Oh, and in the rest of cases, it simply refuses to be under my control, even if I try, or simply dream ends and I wake up... :/

Exactly! Finally, someone in the same predicament as I am. Try as I might, I've had no successes at all to control a dream. Like ugh, being in an actual fictional cartoon universe in my dream would be awesome, but alas, my dreams don't come true. :(

My dreams will never be the same caliber or level of insanity as yours Sneak, thats for sure though! :olittlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, do you have not crazy or funny dreams but still dreams about some cartoon / film / game universes? Not necessary about existing universes. Your own fully original cartoon / game / movie, made by your own dream?

I LOVE such dreams. they're extremely rare, but they last 2-6 hours in dream time, they have strong sane plot, you remember many tiny details, and later you want to make your own game or write a story about this. :D
I have pack of them.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:04:39 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, do you have not crazy or funny dreams but still dreams about some cartoon / film / game universes? Not necessary about existing universes. Your own fully original cartoon / game / movie, made by your own dream?

I LOVE such dreams. they're extremely rare, but they last 2-6 hours in dream time, they have strong sane plot, you remember many tiny details, and later you want to make your own game or write a story about this. :D
I have pack of them.

I’ve had some weird or crazy dreams in the real life universe, but almost never any dreams that take place in a cartoon universe (such as MLP or LBT for example). I’m not sure if it’s even possible to be honest. But obviously, I’ll have to believe hard in it for a dream like that to ever occur in the future possibly. And no, I’ve had no such dreams of a fully original cartoon/game/movie either. Ha, many people would envy to have the kind of dreams you have Sneak. :P

Not rare for you apparently? :PCera

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Rare.
Random / crazy / nonsense / constantly changing / some daily life dreams are the most popular. But I love them too!
6/14
0/26

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I’ve never had LBT dream. Plenty of Jurassic Park ones. Bur nvee LBT. T :opetrie

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’ve never had LBT dream. Plenty of Jurassic Park ones. Bur nvee LBT. T :opetrie

If you still remember some of them, perhaps share those dreams in our main dream thread?
:)littlefoot
https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16501.0

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quick and random one I had that involved something about a moon base civilization. It was a game concept turned movie with a bunch of plot twists I knew before hand somehow (ie. first shuttle was botched, father and friends travel and second mission to find out what happened, moonbase was sabotaged for profit, if you don't hand over just one key instead of the entire key ring you lose when it gets stolen). So it was almost like a telltale cinematic game where I knew the answers ahead of time because I was part of th crew.

It turns into LBT at the very end when the protagonists and me zoom down from the collapsing civilization on the moon back to earth. Apparently through time dilation, dinosaurs were walking the roads were the glass bubble wormhole-esque shuttle returned to earth, specifically I remember Cera and Ducky. Literally Planet of the Apes and Jurassic World. It was a short dream since my sleep was sparse with intermission, literally only 30-40 mins long. But believe me, I somehow came up with a sci-fi telltale game in my head. There's a whole ton of details I'm missing and can't recall.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
My friend once had a dream in which the two of us were watching the Stone of Cold Fire together, and when the scene in Threehorn Peak was on and the Rainbow Faces started arguing under their breath, we heard some dialogue we hadn't noticed before that had the female Rainbow Face calling the male one "Tony." Months afterward, funnily enough, I had a similar dream in which the movie's end credits revealed that the male Rainbow Face's name was "Tom." FYI, neither of those names ever made it into my headcanon. :p

I hardly ever dream about LBT these days, or if I do, I just don't remember it. It happened a lot more often when I was younger. At one point, there was kind of a recurring dream I'd have about some new LBT movie coming out (this dream especially kept happening during the hiatus). For some random reason, though, every LBT movie I dreamed up always sounded so off-the-wall weird that my dream self would be dubious about watching it. I remember looking at the back of the case on one of the movies and seeing a long and utterly strange synopsis on it. At first, I was excited because it mentioned the Rainbow Faces were coming back, but then it started going into an extremely bizarre summary about what was going to happen to the other characters in the movie. (The only part of the synopsis I can still recall is, "Chomper is throwing up.") :confused

Other than that weirdness, there was one other LBT dream I can remember. I wasn't actually in this one so much as I was just observing it, and it was like some weird mashup of a few different shows. The Great Valley dinosaurs were gathered in this barren, orange-colored desert, and the Rainbow Faces were standing in the middle of the crowd and speaking to them. It was a setup basically like the Rainbow Faces' first appearance in LBT VII, but this had the Rainbow Faces giving some kind of sales pitch. I can't remember what it was they were trying to sell, but they busted out into a jingle and everything, with the said jingle being to the tune of some song from Winnie the Pooh, accompanied by a weird dance that was from a song sequence in The Aristocats. After all this, Mr. Threehorn then started expressing his doubt over the product for sale in his typical Mr. Threehorn manner...
Ahh, if only I could have an LBT dream that didn't sound like fanfiction gone wrong! :rolleye

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Interesting dream! @OwlsCantRead  I actually had video game based dreams of TLBT myself about twice. I remember the first one I had was when I was younger. It was like the GBA games but I was playing as Ali in a magma filled cavern... And she could fly.  :rhett_shocked

The second one was a more recent one. It was a SNES game in the style of the first movie (Had a style similar to Lion King SNES). It even had the atmosphere along with slightly creepy elements. What scared me was the sharptooth boss where Ducky had to throw rocks behind cover, I don't know if it was to lure or take out the sharptooth, but there was intense music. The sharptooth soon approached, Ducky screamed and the screen goes black right before getting eaten. Game Over.  :opetrie If this game was real it probably would have scared anyone who played it... Also there was a bonus stage with Littlefoot and Tinysaurses, made no sense with the SNES's time period, but heh.

@RainbowFaceProtege A movie with Rainbow Faces and Chomper throwing up must be a masterpiece.  :bestsharptooth Also I can see the Rainbow faces trying to show a out of this world product to the dinos. XD

"Tom and Tony"... A sign perhaps?  :olittlefoot
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:25:50 PM by Goldenwind »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind Weirder LBT-based games exist in real life, believe it or not... Dinosaur Land Adventure :bestsharptooth

I'd rather play as Flyer Ali, though. :lol

That second game sounds like it would've traumatized 90s kids everywhere. :p (Speaking of intense music, though, I was recently listening to the LBT X score. That part from the swamp scene where the music goes from mellow to suddenly quite loud for the reveal of the bellydragger seriously made me jump!)

"Tom and Tony"... A sign perhaps?  :olittlefoot

*in Pterano voice:* "IT IS A SIGN!" :lol

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I had a LBT dream that a new movie was coming out with Pterano, Rainbow Faces, and Guido as returning characters. :olittlefoot

But then things got weird. :areyouserious

In the new movie, Ducky died :(petrie The commercial showed Ducky's gravestone.

Sorry Ducky :sducky
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had Land Before Time dreams before in the past, but I could never recall them when I awoke.

Last night I distinctively remember Littlefoot in my dream, but I could not remember any context whatsoever.
This kind of thing is what usually happens to me. I actually had a dream the other night that involved the GoF forum in some way, but other than that I can remember none of it. :olittlefoot