The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

PLEASE HELP! Graphic Drivers Problem!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Stories like these are why I'm sticking with Windows 7. I've got too many games to possibly emerge unscathed.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like windows 10, but then again my computer is fairly new and I have a separate graphic driver from Nvidia (who has windows 10 drivers available for nearly all of their last 2 year's of video cards). Using Windows 10 has actually fixed the issue I had with the Sims 4 on Windows 8 and finally made it playable.

I recommend contacting the place where you bought your computer to ask if they can help you out with finding the right drivers, or buy a separate graphics card and let someone install it for you.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This was my Dad's laptop, I'm not sure if he'd remember where he got it.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah laptops... Older than 1.5 years, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to Win10. My own laptop, 3 years old, was barely able to work when I upgraded. No drivers for anything at all. Had to downgrade back to Windows 7.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If all else fails, you could download the Windows 10 Beta Version of Minecraft.  However, you will either have to do the free trial or pay $9.99 for the whole game.

Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta Version

Like I said, make it a last resort.  Until then, see what else you can find as I'm out of ideas myself at this point. -_-

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Sep 7 2015 on  04:28 AM
Ah laptops... Older than 1.5 years, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to Win10. My own laptop, 3 years old, was barely able to work when I upgraded. No drivers for anything at all. Had to downgrade back to Windows 7.
I've had mine for several years, and its been working just fine, except for the driver problem.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 7 2015 on  10:23 AM
If all else fails, you could download the Windows 10 Beta Version of Minecraft.  However, you will either have to do the free trial or pay $9.99 for the whole game.

Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta Version

Like I said, make it a last resort.  Until then, see what else you can find as I'm out of ideas myself at this point. -_-
I got it for free since I bought actual Minecraft, but no one has made a Forge for it to play mods with.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have decided to just return to Windows 7, Windows 10 is not worth all this hassle.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Sep 7 2015 on  04:29 PM
I have decided to just return to Windows 7, Windows 10 is not worth all this hassle.
Very wise decision, my friend.