The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Artwork by MURMUR

MurMur · 58 · 10727

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, Strut's dinosona looks great with this hat :lol

I think you did not only draw the eggstealer very well but you also created a really real looking sky :)
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for your visit, Ducky123. :)
I think I should start to add backgrounds to my pictures.
What should I draw next?

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Very well-drawn! Adding backgrounds make it even better.

What should you draw next? Whatever comes to mind, of course! Keep up the good work.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You could draw Petrie next since he's your favourite character :) Perhabs you could add Ducky to the picture, too...

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What should you draw next? Whatever comes to mind, of course! Keep up the good work.
Do you wish to have your own dinosona, The Anonymous Person? :)

You could draw Petrie next since he's your favourite character
Well, I'll give it a try.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Adding and practicing backgrounds can really help add a sense of emotion and can make a drawing overall a lot better, so I really encourage you to do them! The only real downside I found with them was that they tend to be tedious at times, but I learned to have fun doing them. :p

I really like your last drawing. Strut's dinosona's hat looks very cute. :) The background also looks very good. :D

What you draw next should be entirely up to you. Whether it be a character you like, another dinosona for someone, or something completely different! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for your visit, somerandomfangirl. Dinosonas are awesome, life would be too boring without them. :) Though I don't know if anybody wants me to draw a dinosona for them... I offered one to TAP but he hasn't replied to my PM.

A little note: I've just discovered this program called GIMP (thanks to StrutEggStealer for her advice). It looks useful, so I'll spend the next week learning the program. It's just impossible to make good backgrounds with Paint. From this point, I'll be using GIMP to create my pictures. However, there won't be any new art until I'm proficient enough with the thing. Wait for new pictures next week. :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Ah yes. GIMP is good. It's the program I use to do my drawings on. It's a lot more useful than Paint, if you ask me.

Take your time when it comes to making new art. Programs such as GIMP can be difficult to get used to for some people (I was one of them :lol) but I'm sure you'll be fine with it. I understand the difficulty of backgrounds on Paint sometimes. In the end I stopped trying. :P:

I really ought to make myself a dinosona one day, but surprisingly for me, I've already got a stack of at least two drawings I want to finish before I do that. :o

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You could draw your own dinosona, MurMur :)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Quote from: MurMur,Aug 19 2013 on  04:05 PM
Thanks for your visit, somerandomfangirl. Dinosonas are awesome, life would be too boring without them. :) Though I don't know if anybody wants me to draw a dinosona for them... I offered one to TAP but he hasn't replied to my PM.

A little note: I've just discovered this program called GIMP (thanks to StrutEggStealer for her advice). It looks useful, so I'll spend the next week learning the program. It's just impossible to make good backgrounds with Paint. From this point, I'll be using GIMP to create my pictures. However, there won't be any new art until I'm proficient enough with the thing. Wait for new pictures next week. :)
I have responded; it must not have come through to you yet. I'm thinking it over. Please be patient.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've found your message TAP. It appears the inbox simply "forgot" to tell me about it. Ok, I'll be waiting for your instructions.

GIMP is good. It's the program I use to do my drawings on. It's a lot more useful than Paint, if you ask me.
True, it's still possible to create outstanding art with Paint, but it takes extreme amounts of time, and I don't have that. :)

You could draw your own dinosona, MurMur
Which one? I have many. :) Sorry, I don't want to reveal them to anyone. I can draw more pics of your dinosona, but first I have to get used to this program.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah! Can't believe I didn't post in this thread! Thank you so much again and again for the pic - I love it!
Heh, that hat's pretty stylin' too!
And good luck with GIMP! It's really a lot of fun and comes with a ton more options.... just requires practice *twitch twitch* and patience *twitch* lol as you can probably guess, I don't have much of either XDD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's my first GIMP picture.
I made an animated avatar for StrutEggStealer. This is a portrait of her eggstealer dinosona.

It looks like she's dancing. :) The black background isn't very good, but it's easy to fix.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is amazing what a great job you did making that.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you Petrie85, and welcome. :)
There'll be more animated pictures in the near future. Just wait. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mur do you take requests for avatars if so I might have you make one for me if I can think of something that I want. And you're welcome. Looking forward to seeing them.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll make an avatar for you if you wish. You only have to ask. :)
But I don't draw humans, humanoid creatures, or any things that I consider ugly, boring or unacceptable.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That looks amazing MurMur! You sure do have talent. I've tried animating before and I completely failed at it, but that was quite a while ago now. Maybe I should try again some day. :p

It seems like you've already got the hang of GIMP. I look forward to seeing more of your drawings/animated pictures in the future. :yes

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks, somerandomfangirl. :) I have some ideas for new animations, and will try to make at least two of these before the end of this week.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa! Strut's dinosona (and avatar) looks amazing! Your work improves with every picture that you create :yes
Keep it up! :exactly