The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

great valley vs mysterious beyond

rosie · 28 · 3668

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I would like to live chomper is but I would probably get eaten by his parents.  :slap Bummer :mad

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Great Valley may be nice.  

Funny how someone put in anywhere where Cera isn't.   :lol

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I want to live on Coruscant. :p  GV would be my second choice though.  Screw the mysterious beyond and Chompers island.  I don't wanna get eaten. :p And "Anywhere Where Cera Isn't" is just mean. :smile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Would you want to live there even if it meant to give up anything you had in our reality?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Would you want to live there even if it meant to give up anything you had in our reality?

Most definitely.  Our reality is boring. :p Though the internet (and GOF) would be a hard thing to give up.  There'd be no more LBT server, but you'd all manage without me. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I assume that to many of us it would not only be quite a test to go without the commodities of modern life (goodbye sanitary facilities), but also we would be in a world with a very different way of thinking.
Most of the European arrivals in the "New World" found it utterly impossible to adopt any of the ways of thinking and perception of the natives (who after all would be much closer to our thinking than the LBT dinosaurs would). With the countless threads in which very human ways of thinking (especially when it comes to hierarchical principles, concepts of possession, or violence) are projected onto the Great Valley dinosaurs, I do think that most of us would have a very hard time integrating into the society there.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very hard indeed.  It may be harder then some think.  Though the difference is would some want to visit as apposed to living there? Some where high tech like Coruscant or the federation may be easier to adapt to then a no tech area.  Though some could adapt faster then others.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well if I were to go live in the GV, the only thing I would insist on owning would be my clothing and perhaps a large bottle of aspirin.  I don't think they'd mind that too much so long as I didn't try to eat them or anything.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
No toilets. That sucks. But, it is an earthly paradise that hardly even rains and has plenty of stuff to do. Uhh, and we could totally eat the plants that grow everywhere.

Oh man, so there wouldn't be any music from this world in the Great Valley?

This is tough. Really tough.

Would I be able to bring an acoustic guitar and a lifetime's supply of strings?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mysterious Beyond or Chomper's Island, definitely. Whereas sharpteeth may be a reason some might choose to live in the GV, they are the reason I's wanna be there  :DD

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Outside Coruscant and Emerald City, I'd love to live in the GV. Maybe it's the whole family and community thing that's so appealing. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Almost seems like a personality test! :p :D

Prefer security / boredom / routine / comfort
Prefer adventure / insecurity / excitement

...Okay that was a random post. :p

I've always been a fan of the simple life so I'm going with the Great valley. ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sounds about right Action. I always whine about how boring my life is and how I'd love for it to be much more exciting and crave adventure. But thinking about it realistically, even if an LBT reality did exist, could a modern day human really survive in that kinda environment? Maybe a select few, but I don't reckon any Bobby Joe could tolerate it for very long.

Still, realities aside, I put "anywhere Littlefoot is". Littlefoot being my fav character I'd love to travel around with him wherever he went. ;)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd actually enjoy living in the LBT world all that much. I mean, the dinosaurs would be cool and all, but the enviroment would still be incredibily hostile compared to today's modern world. Still, if I actually had the choice, I think I would go to the Great Valley, if only because very few people ever attempt to live in that sort of environment. Besides, you only live once, and I'm sure hanging out with the GOF would be one hell of an adventure.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
definately the Great Valley,there should be a sign outside of it saying:

Welcome To The Great Valley

Enter if you don't wan't to risk dying in the mysterious beyond.

Bruton the Iguanodon

The Great Valley, hands down. Being kicked out of this place for 5 years intended as a punishment for Pterano---shouldn't that alone say enough about how freakin' awesome it is?  :smile

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 28 2009 on  04:29 AM

Most definitely.  Our reality is boring. :p Though the internet (and GOF) would be a hard thing to give up.  There'd be no more LBT server, but you'd all manage without me. :p
I would agree with you because not only to escape the cage-like world of our reality, but also escape the total destruction of our planet's ecosystems!  :! Besides, a life in the Great Valley would be quite nice. :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I went with the Mysterious Beyond since it doesn't seem all constant danger to me - I mean, sharpteeth can have a dynamic family experience as well.... just as long as I look like a sharptooth and not like a filet mignon... Dang!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein