The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Tale of Cats

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Be careful out there!" Allister Mackenzie, a college student, called to his pet cat Devil. It was a fine summer's day, and his pet was responsible enough to avoid dangerous situations.

Devil dashed his way across Allister's yard over to the next house over where his best friend, another young cat named Nana lived. "Nana! You out here?!" Devil called out, though to humans it just sounded like mews.

Across the street, an older cat named Addy watched from his owner's porch, resting a porch. "Youngsters.." she smiled to herself, feeling full after eating a mouse.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana was basking lazily on her back porch of her owner's house. It was such a lovely day, and being outside was better than being tormented by Max, the dog she lived with. Just as she was going to back to her nap, she heard a voice, "Nana! You out here!?" It was her best friend, Devil.

"Yep! I'm here!" Nana called out. She glanced back towards the door, then bounded across the yard to meet Devil.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hi!" Devil smiled, happy to see his friend. He gave Nana a little pat.

"That dumb Max still asleep?" he asked with a smirk, "If so, we could finally play together in peace..."

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yep, he's asleep. Finally Maggie let me outside. With all my purring, it was hard for her to resist." Nana purred, "Anything new?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Not much," Devil replied, "Except Allister moved the Double Chocolate Chip to the top shelf, now I have even less of a chance of getting at it."

Addy then walked by, holding two mice by the tails. "Wanna snack?" she asked the kittens, knowing them since they've been around in the neighborhood.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hi Addy." Nana mewed. She then Looked at Devil, "You want any?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Of course," Devil grinned, licking his lips.

Well the cats of the neighborhood were not bad guys at all, they, because of instinct, loved the taste of mice!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Cool," Nana said, grabbing a mouse. "Thank you Addy." She said through a mouthful of fur.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Don't mention it kids," Addy replied to the younger cats. "Mice show up in my owner's house all the time. You think word would spread among them than the city's best mouser lives there..."

"For real," Devil agreed, happily chewing on the mouse.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Your the best mouse catcher? Well, you know, mice are always so annoying. But they taste really good!" Nana mewed, licking the last peices of mouse off her lips.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You know what I say," Addy smirked, "What mice like in taste they make up for in flavor."

Devil chuckled at that joke.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana chuckled too. "So, Addy, anything new happen?" She asked the old cat.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Not much to me, but Sheila's concerned about what she saw on the news. Apparently there's some thefts going on not too far from here." Addy replied.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Really?" Nana gasped, her mouth wide with excitment, "like what kind of thefts?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Whatever they can get their hands on, it seems," Addy replied, "Jewelry, software."

Devil gulped, the thought creeped him out.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"That sounds creepy." Nana shivered. "Where did you say it was happening again?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Not too far off," Addy replied to the kittens, "The news said the most recent case happened about 5 miles away."

"Could we talk about something else?" Devil asked.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, it gives me the creeps too. So, your still trying to get that ice cream are you Devil?" Nana sighed, looking at him with wide eyes.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"yeah," Devil nodded with a grin. "Though I'm not sure if Allister's onto me."

"I have to get going, take care kids," Addy said, walking off.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Bye Addy!" She called, watching the old cat walk away. Then she turned back to Devil, "I don't get how you like that stuff. It's too sweet. And why would he be onto you? Maggie lets me eat her fruit all I want. That is, if I get to it before Max does." Nana said.