The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie

Petrie. · 50 · 8332

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And perhaps Pterano would get a chance to earn his rehabilitation before the passing of the five years and Petrie might play a role in this. I have several plots in mind (and partly on paper) which would involve such a rehabilitation of Pterano.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quite possible, and could be a good story. He could help the group or someone who has traveled outside the valley perhaps.  Perhaps even save Cera's dad's life.  Cera's dad would really dislike that.  Not sure if it would stick, but he did seem reformed at the end of the movie.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Jan 1 2008 on  06:06 PM
Well I think Petire is a wonderful admin and I couldn't give any other reason other than he showed me the fourm...oh wait! Wrong Petrie!

Well, he could use some work with flying, a little gullible, far too trusting, needs work with grammar...but he's my favorite member of the game. He's got his adorable moments and I love how he admires his uncle. He seems to be close friends with Ducky and Guido, and I understand why.

I wonder how he would have changed within the five years after Pterano's banishment...maybe HE will be the one to get the gang into the Mysterous Beyond to get him and be the one encouraging them to go on  :lol
Which game? :P:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 6 2008 on  06:35 PM
Quote from: Ptyra,Jan 1 2008 on  06:06 PM
Well I think Petire is a wonderful admin and I couldn't give any other reason other than he showed me the fourm...oh wait! Wrong Petrie!

Well, he could use some work with flying, a little gullible, far too trusting, needs work with grammar...but he's my favorite member of the game. He's got his adorable moments and I love how he admires his uncle. He seems to be close friends with Ducky and Guido, and I understand why.

I wonder how he would have changed within the five years after Pterano's banishment...maybe HE will be the one to get the gang into the Mysterous Beyond to get him and be the one encouraging them to go on :lol
Which game? :P:
I think she meant to say "gang" not "game".

Anyhow, on the topic, Petrie's my favorite out of all of the main characters.

He's sweet-natured, he's funny, he's merciful, and loyal. :D Funny, he never used to be my favorite character, Little Foot used to be, but ever since I saw the seventh sequel, he's been my favorite ever since :)

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://msn.com
I think petrie is brave when his friends are in danger and when he wants to be. He is cute and I love petrie!!! :DD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lucario#1,Jul 7 2008 on  06:05 PM
I think petrie is brave when his friends are in danger and when he wants to be. He is cute and I love petrie!!! :DD
Yeah, he is very cute and brave when he has to be :yes.  The only thing about him that kinda drives me bonkers is his grammar, but not as much as it used to :rolleyes:.  Perhaps I'm getting used to his talk.  When writing fanfiction, however, it is hard for me to write his statements in third-person.  It's about as hard as keeping up with Ducky's catchphrase and absence of contractions :lol.  But yeah, he is a cutie and is loyal to his friends :^.^:.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is brave when he has no alternative choice anymore. Up to that moment (when there are still alternatives) he tends to be very cautious and sometimes superstitious. For so fragile a being as a flyer being very cautious is a rather reasonable way of thinking I suppose though it may sometimes be interpreted as cowardice by his less fragile friends (Cera in particular).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 7 2008 on  10:33 PM
He is brave when he has no alternative choice anymore. Up to that moment (when there are still alternatives) he tends to be very cautious and sometimes superstitious. For so fragile a being as a flyer being very cautious is a rather reasonable way of thinking I suppose though it may sometimes be interpreted as cowardice by his less fragile friends (Cera in particular).
That would be true. Since Cera has a much bigger, stronger build than Petrie does so their mind sets would be set differently so both species can survive in their own ways.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It makes sense.  Perhaps this is one of the reasons why as Littlefoot's mother said the other dinosaurs "stuck to their own kind."  Perhaps they just weren't able to get over the difference in species as well as the gang has.

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
well, someone agrees at least! :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As mentioned before, the sticking to only your own kind seems to be only with certain ones.  Ducky and Petrie didn't seem to exhibit any of that when they first appeared in the first movie.  Ali did, but Rhett didn't when he first appeared.  Shorty was startled by Petrie suddenly appearing but after getting over it I don't recall him making any sort of remark to Littlefoot like, "yuk you are friends with them, no longnecks." so I'd guess those feelings may only be in certain areas outside the Great Valley.  Ruby's parents didn't seem to have any prejudice when they met Ducky or Spike.  Also Mo & Elsie didn't seem to have any either.  So I'd guess it may be either prevalent in certain areas, and / or, only certain herds.

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 8 2008 on  10:43 AM
As mentioned before, the sticking to only your own kind seems to be only with certain ones.  Ducky and Petrie didn't seem to exhibit any of that when they first appeared in the first movie.  Ali did, but Rhett didn't when he first appeared.  Shorty was startled by Petrie suddenly appearing but after getting over it I don't recall him making any sort of remark to Littlefoot like, "yuk you are friends with them, no longnecks." so I'd guess those feelings may only be in certain areas outside the Great Valley.  Ruby's parents didn't seem to have any prejudice when they met Ducky or Spike.  Also Mo & Elsie didn't seem to have any either.  So I'd guess it may be either prevalent in certain areas, and / or, only certain herds.
you might be right! :p

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You guys ever notice how petrie would sometimes criticize Cera behind her back?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Did he? I must have never noticed that.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Apr 19 2009 on  06:10 PM
Did he? I must have never noticed that.
well it does seem rare but it took place in lbt 7 and 13

he mention around the beginning of LBT 7 how Threehorn are pigs when eating green food.  And in LBT 13 if I can remember "don't tell Cera she'll yall at you"

I think those were the only two time he did that but I have a feel he'll be doing that quiet often now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe that is a side of Petrie's personality that has not been shown to often.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Apr 19 2009 on  04:52 PM
You guys ever notice how petrie would sometimes criticize Cera behind her back?
Yeah, and that's not what real friends do :anger!  I have this sense that Petrie's not always as nice as he appears.  I have noticed that he sure can be opinionated :rolleyes:.  On what basis could he make a statement like that to Cera in LBT VII?  From what we've seen, she's definitely not an overeater.  He had no right to say that, and he should've gotten smacked one for it <_<.  Sorry if I'm coming across as defensive or angry here.  I just can't stand it when folks talk crap about others that is not true <_<.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 19 2009 on  11:01 PM
Sorry if I'm coming across as defensive or angry here.  I just can't stand it when folks talk crap about others that is not true <_<.
No worries there is alot of that where I live we just need to try our best to ignore the foolish people.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't seen LBT 13, but in 7 he didn't say the Threehorns were pigs while eating (it could sound a bit like that though). He only said: "Not if you ate them all first", when Cera was afraid that Far Walkers will eat all their green food in the Valley. Maybe it wasn't true, even if from a little flyer point of view Cera would seem eat a lot, but Petrie obviously was mad at her for smashing his story (or rather Pterano's story that he was retelling). It was not nice, but it is not unusual for good friends to be angry at each other from time to time and Cera can (at times) give good reasons for the rest of the gang to be mad at her.

Another interpretation: maybe Petrie was sarcastically suggesting Cera to eat all green stuff, before the Far Walkers would? :p
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would not judge Petrie too harsh for it. I don't remember the lines of LBT 13, but if he says: "don't tell Cera she'll yall at you" he delivers the explanation on why he says it behind her back. Cera is not somebody who (with some rare exceptions) will take anything but offense in criticism however justified and constructive it may be. Somebody as easy to be knocked over or just be blown away by Cera (something we do see happen for example in LBT 4 when Petrie criticizes her) may reconsider twice before saying something straight into her face. In case of the LBT 7 remark, it can easily be seen as Petrie's retaliation for Cera's earlier remarks about Pterano (curious by the way that apparently Cera had been told, but forgotten why Pterano had been expelled from the herd), and whatever her normal eating habbits, she was almost asking for it by complaining about others eating away their treestars while her mouth was still stuffed with green food. I would not interpret Petrie's remark in a  too vicious manner.

On a side note, there are a few scenes which suggest Cera to be bigger than Littlefoot while in others she clearly is not. In LBT 5 she gets stuck in the hollow trunk in which Littlefoot and Ducky could take cover from the swarming leaf gobblers. In LBT 6 Littlefoot easily climbs through the whole in a hollow log (the one in which Spike gets stuck later) while Cera has to struggle visibly to do so.
In a rather funny scene from a German LBT audio play Cera apparently blocks Petrie's sight when they are observing something provoking the following exchange (translated):
Petrie: "Petrie only see big fat Cera. Me want to see too!"
Cera: "I'm tall but not fat!!"
Petrie: "S'cuse me."