The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie

Petrie. · 50 · 8264

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Discuss the character, Petrie here.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What can I say about Petrie?

He's a fraidy-cat, an imperfect flyer (considering he crashes on anything in almost every movie) and a good buddy, yes the sort that makes everybody laugh. :lol

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie is one of my favorite characters in LBT. He's real funny and can make anyone laugh.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*bump*
(ADMINS: to reduce confusion, I'm bringing this one back up to the top.  See the other Petrie post for details.)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I permanently fixed it on the control panel so the default is to show all topics regardless of activity.  Forgot to switch that setting when I made the forum.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I permanently fixed it on the control panel so the default is to show all topics regardless of activity. Forgot to switch that setting when I made the forum.
That's the feature I was looking for; I thought it was a member thing but it's an admin thing...okay!  Thanks Petrie. B)

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I love Petrie. He's so cute with his squeaky voice and cute laugh. People call me fussy because i said i prefer Jeff Bennett Voicing Petrie than Will Ryan.  :huh:

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I've recently been watching all the LBT films in order andi noticed in films 2-4 Jeff Bennett's Petrie sounded the same as Will Ryan's yet later on petries voice got squeakier. Why is that ?  :blink:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
For my opinnion Petrie is a very scareful flyer. :rolleyes: , but that¥s what his character is like. In the gang he is,...well, the scarediegg :lol:
Did you guys notice that he begins the most of his sentences with ME? :unsure:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Perhaps one way for the writers to give him his own personality.  It would be interesting to see how long his speaking continues like it currently is.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Since the characters never age, he'll be speaking that way forever probably.  I like that about him though, so long as he keeps his "ME" stuff out of the songs.

I hate how he mutilated the song "how do you know?" from LBT 13 by rhyming "Me" and "tummy" :rolleyes: That took any love I had of the song and crushed it with a hammer. <_<

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Me think that funny.   :lol

His speaking and being afraid of everything may have been an early way for the writers to give him some personality.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
yeah, it¥s the same here with ducky.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is, yep, yep, yep.

Though I do wonder while they are at home, the glimpses I've seen it seems their mothers do not try to correct them.  Petrie's mother just lets him speak the way he does.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Me no see why he should talk any differently ;)
It part of his nature not his age.
Malte thinks that even when Petrie sings Petrie's language not necessarily is a bad thing.
Nope, nope, nope.
Poor rhymes certainly are though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Me upset that they don't let me go to school on the set... :lol: :rolleyes:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 28 2007 on  05:12 AM
Me no see why he should talk any differently ;)
It part of his nature not his age.
Malte thinks that even when Petrie sings Petrie's language not necessarily is a bad thing.
Nope, nope, nope.
Poor rhymes certainly are though.
LOL! :lol:

Good one, Malte.

If you ask me, I can accept Petrie's little speech problem, as long as he does it right.  It was alot more settling in the sequals, but through the last few ones, his little problem has just gotten worse and worse.  The writers are really pushing it to knock him off my top 10 list.  They need to find a way to do it right like before.

I fully understand that it's part of his charcter, but you got to do it right, okay?

Anyways, aside from this issue, he's quite a nice charcter to have.  Sure he's a scardiegg, but when it really counts, he can show just how brave and daring he can be. (How many times he goes to save Ducky is a fine example.)

The writers can make Petrie work, they just need to find a way to do it right.  I feel it is one of the many things that are sadly killing the franchise.  If they don't find a way to do it right, it could end up being part of LBT's downfall. -_-

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Well I think Petire is a wonderful admin and I couldn't give any other reason other than he showed me the fourm...oh wait! Wrong Petrie!

Well, he could use some work with flying, a little gullible, far too trusting, needs work with grammar...but he's my favorite member of the game. He's got his adorable moments and I love how he admires his uncle. He seems to be close friends with Ducky and Guido, and I understand why.

I wonder how he would have changed within the five years after Pterano's banishment...maybe HE will be the one to get the gang into the Mysterous Beyond to get him and be the one encouraging them to go on  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Many things can happen in 5 years to the various characters, Petrie included.