The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just let this photo speak for itself.

There goes the warm weather, lol. Luckily I'm going to someplace in the desert tomorrow, and no it's not a joke. Can't wait. :)littlefoot

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just had a freak wind storm at my place earlier this afternoon. Some trees branches ended up all over the place, and even some neighbor's inflatable kiddie pool ended up in our yard (which of course we returned after the storm passed). My dad's garden also got damaged when the wooden posts holding up the bean plants broke and toppled over (I was actually watching them right at the moment it happened). And the power briefly flickered out twice (causing me to lose some progress on the game of Civilization V I was playing today).

Not long after the wind finally died down, we got a little bit of rain afterwards, but that doesn't really compare to the crazy winds we had just moments earlier.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Fine where I live it's very got here right now.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'll second that. We've had heat advisories two days in a row. The heat itself isn't too bad, but the humidity is killer.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 24 2016 on  10:44 AM
I'll second that. We've had heat advisories two days in a row. The heat itself isn't too bad, but the humidity is killer.
Oh yeah the humidity is really killing me here in the Florida.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's hot here but it doesn't feel hot at all where I live.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Ok I'm very worried now there is a huge cyclonic like storm system with an eye and everything, damaging winds and torrential rains that has hit Southern Australia, a temperate zone. The storm has hit the state South Australia and they now have a state wide black out and the storm is heading for my home state, I have a bad feeling about this. Storms like this shouldn't occur at this latitude but the fact that this one has really freaks me out. Just hoping we get through it okay.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last week was rather warm, especially for this time of year. This week, it's now cooled off so much that it's actually starting to snow today. Definitely time to take out the air conditioners in my house.

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's raining today I'm home and not doing anything tomorrow. It's getting cold here but no snow yet thank god I hate snow.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's pretty decent out now it's cloudy and it's 43 degrees out,

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Freezing. Well not yet. By 9 it'll be at freezing and it will drop to 29 F later in the night. Lovely weather.  :yes

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The night before yesterday, we got some freezing rain, resulting in a layer of ice over everything outside (my mom couldn't even get her car door open), so a lot of schools and businesses were closed yesterday. Today, we got some warmer weather and even had the sun come out for a few hours. I actually saw the ice was melting so quickly off the tree branches that it was like it was raining.

The strange thing about this winter is that whenever we get snowfall, it doesn't seem to last very long, so for much of this month, there has actually been little to no snow on the ground at all! (quite unusual for Vermont in January)

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
weather are in germany is unusually stable lately. We've had some cold weather and snow early this month and then we just got dry and cold weather, sometimes cloudy and sometimes sunny. Snow is about to melt though as it gets warmer soon but there's not supposed to be much precipation within the next week either.

Oh well, this is better than rain at 50?F which is what we got quite frequently these last 2-3 years in winter over here..
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's about 41 degrees here kinda cold but it's winter so it's acceptable. Not much snow here thank god since snow sucks.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With the rainstorm expected tomorrow and the much warmer temperatures expected next week, looks like winter weather here in Vermont is now over.

It's kinda strange how I'm noticing a peculiar pattern that seems to have been going on for the last few years. No significant snowfall arrives until around Christmas (around a month later than would typically be expected), and some of the biggest snowfall of the year tends to occur in late March and early April (after what's supposed to be the beginning of spring).

- Berix

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
It's been really sunny here in Houston, TX, and little to no clouds in the sky over the past
several days.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been cold and raining here for a few days.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lots and lots of rain. The river that flows under the two bridges to get to town will most likely be flooded tomorrow, meaning no one will be able to get in or out through those ways without taking a big detour to the east.