The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Things Change

action9000 · 255 · 18855

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is it to late to send you my recordings?
Sure, you can send it in. :)
I must ask that you get it in soon though.  You don't want to hold up the entire project. :lol

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Feb 16 2008 on  05:24 PM
Is it to late to send you my recordings?
Sure, you can send it in. :)
I must ask that you get it in soon though.  You don't want to hold up the entire project. :lol
I should send them to Petrie's PM right?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
or mine
action9000@hotmail.com

For the sake of keeping things simple, just e-mail it to me. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Perfect :)
I'm attempting to get the song released within the next couple of days. B)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yeah, don't send it to me. :P:  My work is pretty much done except for the final mastering.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I have found a reasonably large chunk of time from now until June or so, where I can get some of these projects caught-up.  I'll be able to work on this for most of the day today and hopefully have results up soon.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Things Change, as performed by the Gang of Five, is complete. :)
The song can be downloaded from:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3255354/e75f6052/Songs.html

Open the folder called "Things Change" and download the file in that folder.  
Thanks to:

Dash the Longneck
Flathead770
Malte
landbeforetimelover
Manny Cav
Marcel
Nimrod
Pokeplayer
Stitch

for making this possible. B)

P.S.  I must say, it's so much easier to mix vocals in Sonar than in  FL Studio. :p  It's actually possible to get voices in sync when they aren't in sync to begin with. B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Aw god, that is so awesome!  That was such a great performance everyone! :D  :yes  :^.^: I did notice that it was a lot more in sync now that you're using a more advanced program Action.

What happened to 4shared's 50 second wait to download files?  I only had to wait around 8 seconds?  Did you pay for an account Action?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What happened to 4shared's 50 second wait to download files? I only had to wait around 8 seconds? Did you pay for an account Action?
Nope, I'm still using a free account.  I don't know why the wait time is so much lower...maybe it's an off-peak time or something. *shrugs*

I also want to thank Flathead770 for the live violin performance.  He had something like 3 or 4 days to practice and he did a pretty dang good job, considering! :D  B)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Guess I wasn't needed for remastering after all. :p  This came out really nice.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow nice performance everyone! It was truly awesome. :yes

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also want to thank Flathead770 for the live violin performance. He had something like 3 or 4 days to practice and he did a pretty dang good job, considering!
Thanks a lot!  :D  I've yet to listen to the finished product, i'll probably listen to it tomorrow.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  I had almost feared that you were losing the dedication needed to do this.  However, this brilliant piece of work shows that it was worth the wait in the end.

Just like all the other works you've done, this is beautiful.  You did extremely well with this.  I'm sure a professional music mixer would LOVE to hire you if they saw this and your other pieces of work. :)

Of course, you know the main thing I want, right? ;) I'm STILL having trouble figuring out who plays what parts, especially with the new voices and all. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Guess I wasn't needed for remastering after all. This came out really nice.
I'm still not a fan of trying to mix on headphones...I don't want to know what this sounds like on speakers but it probably isn't quite what I had in mind when I mixed this on headphones. :p

Just like all the other works you've done, this is beautiful. You did extremely well with this. I'm sure a professional music mixer would LOVE to hire you if they saw this and your other pieces of work.
Thank you very much. :)
I'm toying with the idea of *maybe* trying to get into university and majoring in music but I still need to figure out how I'd be able to pull that off. :lol

Of course, you know the main thing I want, right? I'm STILL having trouble figuring out who plays what parts, especially with the new voices and all.
I'll get this to you as soon as I can...I have to load the project file back up to check how exactly I divided up the voices but I'll *try* to get it posted up tomorrow, depending on my schedule.