The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT SYMPHONY

812558 · 14 · 1643

• Spike
    • View Profile
while i was on the bus back from florida I was hit with true inspiration.

my idea is that we could put together a symphony of sorts composed of orcestral pieces based of of peaces from LBT 1-13

and my question is is anybody up to helping me out

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I can find time, this would be officially...awesome! :D :D

I have the software to be able to recompose and create an original medley and absolutely seamless, perfect-sounding renditions of the soundtrack, by recomposing it using virtual instruments (which sound amazing).

I'm just thinking now..what would this project actually be?
I have rewritten a few short clips from the LBT movies, just for fun.  I'll post them up here so you can see what me and my software are capable of doing.  I've actually upgraded my music software since I made these so my latest work will sound even more realistic. ;)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...3aFIxUUFLSkE9PQ

Note that all of these are unfinished and I know the arrangements are incomplete.  I never got around to finishing any of these.  They are all written by ear, just me listening to the original over and over, picking out the notes, so it may not be 100% accurate.  For the most part I think they're pretty good.

What would be our goal for this project?  I have a lot of stuff in mind at the moment but maybe I can find time in the forseeable future.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Such symphonys might also be interesting with regard to the LBT computergame we are working with.

• Spike
    • View Profile
exactly what i had in mind action9000, also i was thinking about orchestral versions of some of the songs, but yeah, along those lines. rethinking it, the direction that you are thinking might be easier than coming up with it entiarly from scratch

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would you be interested in contributing to such a project, 812558?

• Spike
    • View Profile

• Spike
    • View Profile
after straining my brain long and hard for a musical moment i can't think of any, can anyone help me out

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I may need a guide line before I make a move.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This sounds awesome! Unfortunately, I can't really transcribe music so I would be of no help in that aspect, but I thought of some songs you could use in the symphony. I can't think of an order, but these are only suggestions:

Always There
Peaceful Valley
No One Has to Be Alone
Bestest Friends
Kids Like Us

I do know this for sure, the ending has to be If We Hold On Together, because in my opinion it is the most influential song in the entire series.

Anyway, that is my idea of some songs we could use.

• Spike
    • View Profile
should probably go alot faster now that i got a keyboard to speed things up

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck. & don't forget to ask for help here on the forum if you need it or to get tips.

• Spike
    • View Profile
to try to get a feel for the music i am going to try to recreate "Whispering Winds" from the original soundtrack. but i am going to need some help since i cant turn it into a MIDI file from the Noteworthy composer that i am using.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i cant turn it into a MIDI document from the Noteworthy composer that i am using.
A MIDI document?  You mean a .mid file or a PDF?
Noteworthy can save MIDI files if you go File -> Export...Type 1 MIDI file (don't choose Type 0, as it compresses all of the tracks into a single track, which sucks for editting later on. :p )

[Edit]
Also, I'm not sure if you're interested, but I started making a MIDI of Whispering Winds a long time ago.  There's almost nothing done but here's a .NWC file of my work so far.  It might be useful for dealing with the weird timing (6/4, 4/4, 2/4 stuff and where on the beat each instrument comes in) in the opening if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...UQzdmVFozZUE9PQ