The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Final Fantasy (all)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yack it up, yo! All "Final Fantasy" discussions welcomed. though I wonder if I should not make a topic for every game in this series 'cause of the unconnected nature of the series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 should be all I need to say.  :lol Granted the world roaming characters looked like models made of Lego, but hey, it's battle system and story line was awesome! 7 ranks my fav FF with 10 and 12 following close behind. 8 and 9 were cool but they didnt hit home as hard as those mentioned above did for me. I'm looking forward to what FF13 has to offer. The still shots I've seen so far keep the anti up on the anticipation  :^.^: And then there's that FF Vs XIII spinoff that's supposed to be due around the same time. Come Square Enix! Quit leavin' us hangin'  :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
This is a post I made about FF7 on Internet Movie Database a while back. It sums up what I think of FF7 perfectly.

Personally, though, I prfer the old school Super Nintendo FF games (all of which are being ported exactly as they were over to Gameboy Advance and the DS!  B)  YAY!). Final Fantasys IV, V, VI, VIII, and X are my favorites.

Oh, crap, they deleted it!

*sigh* Fine, I guess I'll just have to retype it  :cry .

I did like FF7, and I was psyched about the series being brought into the 3D realm when it first came out...then I found out they weren't even going to try to graphically match Super Mario 64. But, I bought the game anyway, and played it. Soon, I found that I hated the "hero", Cloud. You had to constantly convince,  and then reconvince him to do anything, as well as hold his hand every step of the way until he finally got off his ass at the end! I also found the villain, Sephiroth, to be less than impressive. The control scheme and battle system functioned well. That's all that can be said of them, though, 'cause the damn machine it was made for took so long to load any move more powerful than a regular attack, for one thing. Not to mention I have never seen a creature more annoying than Yuffie.

I much preferred the FF games I listed. The control schemes and battle systems did their work, and the heroes didn't have to be worked over to do their jobs as the heroes of the story. The villains were also more buyable. Sephiroth isonly good for walking through fire, looking cool, and wearing bondage wear.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf