The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 50708

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Jorrdy and I are finally making quick progress haha :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, is everyone here on the new forum? Can posting resume?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am here and ready to resume.  :yes I think that I was waiting on the swimmer to respond to Wyoh's last statement before making another Buko post.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, so based upon the last post I think that we (the fastrunners-swimmer group) might have an opportunity for a jump cut to the river if everyone thinks that is justified. As the thing that remains now is the threehorn to survive his escape with or without further help and eventually grouping back with us.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Horizon

• Ruby
  • Formerly known as "Fyn16"
    • View Profile
I've been doing some catching-up, and this looks like a good plan to me as well! I may try to finally bring in my character shortly.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a nice idea but I think Slash needs another post before I can continue my storyline.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
That's a nice idea but I think Slash needs another post before I can continue my storyline.

I haven't decided to post yet until the main characters figure out a way to help Rinen. I was thinking of meeting your character after they get away.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't decided to post yet until the main characters figure out a way to help Rinen.

They decided already to leave me die all alone in the cave. :cry I thought it'd be better if Slash took the next step to either find or lose Rinen for good so I could move forward and find the others again. The threehorn is hiding from Slash at the moment, after all.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:42:59 PM by Sovereign »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...I made a mistake with that last post. I thought it was Sneak I was replying to.

Well okay. I suppose I'll have to have Slash lose you somehow. I don't wanna kill your character, so I'll have to lose you for now considering I haven't been able to crush you with the rocks nor run you down afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:34:57 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is probably best if noone dies... yet :P

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Heheh sorry to Rinen... if the Fastrunners had seen a way to help him without dying they probably would have, but they're too practical to go rushing in madly :p
Though I imagine this will probably lead to some interesting character conflict when they meet back up.

ALSO:
I'm about to work on the character height chart for reference, so if everyone who wants to be included could give me the height and size of their characters as compared to other characters in the Land Before Time series, I'd appreciate that :smile I'll be updating this comment with the heights/sizes that I already have.

So far:

Aquarius - Slightly larger than Ducky

Lizzie - About the same size as Littlefoot (estimated as roughly 120-150cm tall, 300cm long)

Shade - A bit smaller than Pterano

Slash - About the size of the Sharptooth (I think this is what you said, let me know if I'm wrong :p )

Buko - About the same size as Ruby

Wyoh - A head or so taller than Ruby

Rinen - Noticeably larger than Cera, about 1/5th the size of a fully grown threehorn

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:55:04 PM by DarkWolf91 »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Slash - About the size of the Sharptooth (I think this is what you said, let me know if I'm wrong :p )
Yup, about the same size (thought maybe slightly longer), Carcharodontosaurus rivalled the T. rex in length.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well I think the next scene should feature Aquarius, Buko and Wyoh arriving and reuniting with Rinen by the river. From what I gather the forest that they are in is in the direction of the dead forest that Lizzie and Samara were in and I was thinking that perhaps this could be the greenest extension of the dead forest before it actually begins to appear dead (Perhaps that part should be an area where there is hardly any water). Also regarding Samara and Lizzie, an idea of how they could meet up with the other group could be getting turned around by a dust storm in the desert and ending up back in the dead forest to meet up with the others. What do you guys think?
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That sounds good to me.  :yes Unfortunately the next three days are going to be chaotic for me (I have to administer lab practicals and lecture exams and then on Wednesday it is Independence Day with the usual celebrations) so it will be a bit before I can make a post.  I could build off of your post, Lone Dragon, or Darkwolf's post if either of you wanted to make the initial posting for the slight scene change to the river.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haven't really been following what you guys were doing and jorrdy is constantly busy haha

I thought we'd only meet at the oasis but I'm open to ideas. A sandstorm might make us accidently bump into each other but we'd have to fine tune the timing as jorrdy and I have some plans of our own as far as character development is concerned and we'd have to get through that first. I really hope that we can pick up speed soon, one of us is always busy.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Um... just checking where is Buko relative to Wyoh right now?  Whether he can hear and see what is going on will affect how he reacts to what is going on.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I imagine that he isn't too far away, just out of sight from Rinen's angle due to the vegetation. Definitely within hearing range of an angry threehorn, haha.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Wyoh and Rinen's reunion is going well.  :p I am going to hold off on posting Buko's response until I get some idea of what happens next, as Buko's distance will not allow for immediate aid to Wyoh. If I might make a suggestion, however, considering her speed and the sudden reaction (which could surprise Rinen) I think the most likely outcome here is an escape - in which case Buko will follow her and try to check on her general health and make sure that the threehorn is well behind them.  Buko is quite confused right now and is operating on instinct so he is going to rally around the pack, so to speak.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm ready for Sneak's character's introduction; hopefully he can come up with a post as a response to mine. Slash is going to meet Shade soon.