The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pictures from the Big Quarrel

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As there was nothing new about the previous picture (as I had posted it before) I just continue right away and post the last of the pictures I made for The Big Quarrel.
Littlefoot and Cera made an inviting gesture and Ali, Ducky and Spike followed it and climbed upon the rock too that was so overcrowded thereafter, that Ducky found only room on Spike’s head and Petrie preferred to land on a tree’s bough closely over the rock. “Tomorrow we’ll have to disjoin!” Ali mumbled sadly. “Don’t think of that now!
It is not so far yet”, said Cera.
“Tomorrow another long day!” croaked Petrie down from the bough.
Ducky chattered her “Yep, yep, yep!” afterwards and Spike nodded eagerly, so Ducky became dizzy on his head and nearly fell down from his head and the rock. They continued watching the stars for a while quietly.
Finally Ducky yawned deeply; she could hardly keep her eyes open and the weariness seemed to gain the victory over the will to stay awake also for the others.
“Come on, we have to get some sleep! The march tomorrow will be strenuous, I guess.” Ali said after all. Cera nodded agreeing: “Oh yes Ali! You bet it will!” with that Cera jumped from the rock. At the rocks base she lay down close aside the warming lava vent.
Spike climbed down after her carefully not to awake Ducky on his head. By the mention of the impending way back she had fallen asleep at once in memory to the fatiguing way to this valley. Spike had also pains not to fall asleep immediately. With a carefully movement of his head he put Ducky between himself and Cera, so she became warmed from both sides, then he let himself plop and began to snort audibly. Petrie alighted on Littlefoot’s head and fell asleep too after a few short moments. Ali and Littlefoot climbed down the rock successively. “Good night Littlefoot! Good night Ali!” Cera mumbled drowsy when they came close to her. “Good night Cera!” answered Littlefoot.
“Sleep well!” said Ali. But Cera didn’t hear her anymore. She had started to snort equably. Littlefoot lay down Petrie carefully aside Ducky and then he lay down himself between Cera and Ali, close to the lava vent. “Good night Ali!” he mumbled.
She answered something unintelligible, then she was asleep too. Littlefoot couldn’t keep his eyes open likewise. He was nearly asleep, when he blinked up once again through the hole in the roof of leaf above the rock. The star that twinkled brighter than the others seemed to flash up friendly for a moment. “Good night mum!” whispered Littlefoot. Then he fell asleep too.
The drawing was made on August 12th 2001. I certainly had the song "Always there" in mind when mentioning the twinkling star (a theme I picked up again in another story). The lava vents are probably inspired by the vents we see in LBT 6 when Littlefoot's grandpa is telling the story of the lone dinosaur. Ducky is difficult to make out in this picture and looking at the rock they are sitting on I suppose they must have had a hard time climbing up there  :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Certainly your most athro-inspired pic (just by the way they sit on the rock).  These all bring back memories since its been years since I've seen them.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
athro? You mean anthro (the dinosaurs looking like humans)? You do have a point there. There are quite a couple of scenes in the movies however where one or several characters are "sitting" in a rather unlikely manner. I'd have to check it out, but I think they usually sit with bend hindlegs rather then the way they do in this picture.
Sometimes they are playing around with the dinosaur anatomy in the movies. For example there are a few scenes in which Littlefoot or Ali have almost something like hands rather than feet on their forelegs.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yeah, I meant anthro.  :lol:   That's my typo for the year.

I agree....there are times you wonder just how humanized these dinosaurs are.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 21 2005 on  05:38 AM
It has been a very long time since I last posted fanart in the Gang of Five (or anywhere else). Most of the pictures I drew I have never shown to most of you. I'm afraid it will still take a long, long while before they will be brought up in the LBT gallery. Also bringing it up in the forum allows me to post a few comments along with the pictures and hear your opinions. I don't mean to just reape praise, so please, please if you see room for improvement don't hesitate to tell me. As a distributor of (hopefully) constructive critcism I'm able to stand it too. Most of my pictures show scenes from the stories I wrote, so I will post the pictures in the order of their appearance in the stories. Along with short quotes that describe the pictures' content. I will begin with the first story, the Big Quarrel.
Yours are awesome. :)  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, what should I say...
your artworks about your story 'The Big Quarrel'(which is a great story btw ;) ) are fairly good. I'm very self critica¥l myself which was the main reason for not doing art until March I guess, I was just to much convinced that I can't draw  <_<
Anyway, back on topic, would you like a detailed review? I wouldn't mind :) Helpful critism isn't the classical 'good job, keep it up man' way but a detailed and critical review though due to you being self-critical there isn't much to point out :lol

Although you indeed made some mistakes I somehow like your style of drawing the characters, and you are good at creating backgrounds which I usually fail at  :angel

Inactive, probably forever.