The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Awards 2013 winners

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hello,
the announcement of the winners of this years awards vote was somewhat delayed, but at long last here are the winners and runner ups in the different categories (there is no obligation whatsoever for runner up winners to mark their award as runner ups. The only difference is that the winner is the first to pick his or her favorite award banner from the respective category and that the runner up may not pick the identical banner).
To add an award banner to your signature you need to go to "My controls" > "Edit signature" and then add the url of the award banner you want to add in Image tags in the text field and then update the signature. To get the url for a banner you want to add to your signature you can right click on the respective banner in the award banner thread and copy the graphic url. Note that the award banner thread includes still the banners with the non bolt type wording beside the regular bold types one.
On an additionaly note the admins strongly appeal to the winners of several awards to arrange them in a way that does not boost the height of their signatures too much. The award banners are generally exempt from the the signature guidelines which basically strive to keep signatures from getting higher than 250 pixels. However, to spare members long scrolling (especially uncomfortable for members who use mobile devices to access the GOF) we want to encourage members who won several awards to arrange them side by side (by not hitting the enter key between the different award image tags in your signature) too rather than stacking them on top of each other only.
That being said here are this years winners:

Appreciated Member Award
Winner: The Chronicler
Runner up: Pterano

Fanart Award
Winner: somerandomfangirl
Runner up: StrutEggStealer

Feedback Award
Winner: Ducky123
Runner up: Pangaea

Friendly Member Award
Winner: Ducky123
Runner up: Nick22

Helpful Member Award
Winner: Mumbling
Runner up: Kor

Philosopher Award
Winner: Malte279
Runner up: none

Proactive Member Award
Winner: MurMur
Runner up: none

Role Play Gamer Award
Winner: Nahla
Runner up: Ducky123

Congratulations everyone and thanks to everyone who participated in the vote :yes

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Good job winners! Keep making our fair forum better!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations everyone! :DD

3 Awards? :huh: That's far more than I had expected, thanks guys  :angel

I'll do my best to make and keep this place a wonderful, friendly and funny one!

EDIT: Picked the following: Will pick my RP Award banner as soon as Nahla picks hers :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have picked the following (and I'll fix my signature soon so that it looks nicer):

Thanks everyone for voting! :) I'll wrap up the fanfiction awards as well.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Congratulations Ducky123 and Mumbling, you broke my three-year winning streak! :D

Seriously, I'm glad to see other members winning the Feedback and Helpful Member Awards for a change. :) As grateful as I am for every award nomination that has ever come my way, I was getting self-conscious about winning both of those awards over and over again so many times.

Though I'm not sure whether I'll be displaying it in my signature (despite your assurances, Malte, I personally don't feel comfortable showcasing a runner-up award without somehow marking it is such), I guess I'll take this as my runner-up banner for the Feedback Award:

Congratulations to all winners, and thanks to everyone who participated in the voting and otherwise made the 2013 GOF Awards possible. :smile

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Whelp, congrats to everyone who won an award, and thanks to anyone who voted for me to win this award. I'm honestly surprised I won anything, and I'm a little disappointed with myself for not contributing much towards the fanart section lately. I'm going to really try and do something else soon, though.

I think I shall take this banner:

I'm going to try and get a bit more out of my shell over the next year and try to contribute more towards some other discussions. I've really just kept myself to a few odd topics around, and I feel I should do a bit more than that. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh wow! We got such a nice turnout this year :DD
Congrats to all the winners *runs around room, waving arms wildly*

I choose this one..... dat lightning O_o
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unless you prefer the normal text type version there is also a bold type version of your award banner StrutEggStealer:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, I was definitely not expecting to win the Appreciated Member award this year, let alone, any award outside of fanfiction. :o  I'm honestly quite surprised by this. I guess that just goes to show that not expecting to get an award each year shouldn't be the same as expecting to never get an award at all.

Thanks for the votes, guys. (Especially the admins, who made up most of said votes. Maybe it was because of my visit to Gettysburg earlier this summer. :lol )

Anyway, I'll admit none of the available options particularly caught my interest, but I've decided to go with this one:
(If you're wondering about the current arrangement of my signature, I'm leaving room for this year's fanfiction award.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I..won?!!

Wow thank you ya'll for voting for me. I was hoping for runner up but didn't expect to win!

I pick this one .

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Congratulations you guys. You all earned it!   :DD  :DD  :DD  You're the people who keep bringing me back here.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And congratulations to all winners! :DD .
 Even though I didn't vote, I still feel happy for all of you and all Runner-ups too.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations you guys! You all deserve it!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it was because of my visit to Gettysburg earlier this summer. :lol
Not so Chronicler. It was definitely one reason for my vote since I am very grateful for your help there :yes
But three people had voted for you even before I cast my vote and rest assured that I did not ever manipulate other admins by telling them anything along the lines of "hey, let's all vote for Chronicler". You yourself have "manipulated" people into voting for you by your constant activity and great contributions to the GOF which people wrote about in their votes. Bles you for that kind of "manipulation" ;) :yes
In spite of this the decision on the Appreciated member Award was still extremely difficult to make this year (which is probably a good sign, meaning that we have many very deserving members).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's why I didn't vote.  I couldn't narrow my choice of Most Appreciated member down to just one.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, congratulations to ALL the winners AND runners up. :DD I feel humbled that I became runner up for an award I won last time, as I wasn't expecting again to receive so many votes (nor was I expecting to win last year either).  :oops I admit Appreciated Member was the hardest vote for me, and gave me the most trouble this year.

I think I'll go with this one:

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations to all of you!  You all deserve the recognition.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll admit, Malte, I was tempted to ask people to vote for me when I first noticed I was actually getting votes. But I wisely decided to hold back my enthusiasm and let everyone make their own choices. We already saw one member try to buy votes some time ago, and I certainly didn't want to repeat his mistake.
(I'm sure you already figured it out, but just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, that Gettysburg comment I made was meant as a joke, hence the lol face.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls