The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 56477

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita  crawled to a stop, her tail dragging behind her. around her, large dunes sprawled in every direction. marita fumbled feor her phone and tried to get a signal ' no bars ' damn it ' she muttered. She slowly got to her feet ' ans began calling out ' Rose! Marie! Can you hear me..' she kept calling out, her voice fading into the distance ' before finally she heard a faint response.'  marita ran towards the sounds before seeing a figure run towards her over the sand. as it got closer marita recognized the figure, it was Marie. marie  reached her and the two girls hugged. Marie pulled away and put her claws on her knees.' where the heck are we? she panted. " i have no clue. I'm not getting any reception on my phone. and its hot. we need to find rose and get out of the desert.' marita said.
_
 the girls began wandering through the desert, calling out Roses name. Finally, they found her, sprawled out in a depression between a couple sand dunes. the dunes provided a small amount of shelter from the wind and was cooler than the surrounding area. rose had sand all over her, and looked miserable. ' what kept you girls? She said weakly. I've been trying to text you...' " Phones dont work out here '  marita said as shghe took a seat.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora wandered in a dazed stupor from the crash site. The events she had just lived through weighed heavily on her sanity, and she was struggling to keep from hyperventilating and shutting down. Her thirst was the only thing keeping her going.

Then Mother Nature decided to add a sandstorm to help her keep motivated. Tearing a strip out of her nurse's outfit to cover her snout, she squinted her eyes shut and stumbled blindly through the vicious lacerating sand in no particular direction.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the sandstorm soon blew its way over the desert and towards the deprression wherwe Marita marie and Rose were sitting.' the clouds moved rapidly over the desert and was boring down on them. '  What the heck is that?' Rose cried. " Its a sandstorm " Marita said ' a big one. we're not safe here. the wind will tear up the dunes on the one hand the temperature will drop a lot , on the other hand we'll be scoured by the samd and wind, it'll be like rubbing your face with sandpaper. not fun.. ' marita whipped outr her phone again, praying to whatever deities there were to let her get a signal..' ok. ok! i have two bars..' bringing up the map.. ok.. down to one bar.. theres a town.. about .. 6 miles from here to the southeast. Bus- al' ghar. lets head southwest as quickly as we can..' marita turned off her phone- it had lost connection again anyway.' and she got up off her seat. ' that storm wil be herein a few minutes. we need to move..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora continued stumbling blindly, until she couldn't take it and collapsed on the sand. Covering her face in her hands, she tried and failed to keep what felt like gallons of sand from filling her lungs grain by grain.

And then it was over. Flora looked up in shock. Because she stopped moving, the sandstorm passed over her, leaving her buried up to her neck in a brand new dune. "Ahhh!" she gasped in surprise, then grimaced when the course sand filled her mouth instantly. Spluttering angrily she wiggled and thrashed and freed herself inch by inch. She was more sand than folf when she finally freed herself. Her face felt badly sunburned and her nails were splintered raw from clawing free from her burning prison. So she kept walking, wishing with every step she had procured a less-tight outfit in her escape from Kalis' warship.

The trip was survivable only due to it being twilight, the sweet spot between the parched daytime and frigid night. Nevertheless after what felt like an eternity her footpads were raw and her tongue was swollen from thirst. This might be the end... her heatstroked brain thought with alarming calmness. Saved from Kalis only to feed the vultures...will vultures even find me? I'll probably just be a skeleton if they do, there's nobody and nothing for miles...

These thoughts were suddenly dashed from her mind when with wild shock she realized there was something up ahead. Glinting in the fading afternoon light, she made out curved rooftops and gleaming steeples...a town?

Is it a mirage? she thought with wonder. Is it delirium? It didn't matter. Increasing her pace with reckless fervor, she sped towards her only hope of getting through the approaching night alive.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita  and the others had only made it a few hundred feet before the storm had hit them, despite the wind, searing sand and low visibility the trio slowly made their way towards the southwest. the storm blew over finally after what seemed like hours. all three were coverd in sand, blood dripped from scratches in their face, and was absotbed by the sand that clung to their fur. finally, the outline of a city appeared on the horizon ' Bus Al ' gahr' marita said, relief oin her voice. ' we'll just find an inn, there and crash for the night. Hopefully they'll have enough creds.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora could hardly believe it when she stumbled into this unknown city and the buildings didn't melt away in the wind. "It's real!" she breathed in shock. "A real city!"

She dropped to her knees, tearing up in relief. Then she got back up almost as quickly because the stone tiles paving the road were still blistering hot.

Hobbling to a cheap motel called The Oasis, Flora approached the register and silently hoped the clerk spoke English. "Please, can I have a room tonight?" she begged. "I don't have any money but I just survived a sandstorm and I'm so tired! I'll do anything, I'll wash dishes, I'll work off my debt! Just one night!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the clerk- who was a camel- looked at her and sized up her attire.. ' well you do look like hell. tell you what. ' we will have some guests checking out  in an hour or so. once they check out i'll give you a room. For now,the dining room is open. so go grab yourself some food and drink, you definitely look like you need it. i'll charge the cost to your room bill." the clerk said ' your name please?' he said pulling out a book, and flipped it open to an empty page.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"My name is Flora..." She mumbled, only realizing afterwards that she should have given a fake name, as she clearly wouldn't be able to pay her room bill. "Thank you sooo much...I promise I'll work the debt off somehow, just let me know anything I can do around the hotel..." She glanced at his nametag, but it was written in the Arabic alphabet so she didn't know how to pronounce it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Flora " the camel repeated, writing it down on the ledger. 'welcome to The Oasis madam. i'll let you know when the room is available. Masad over there- he motioned to a parrot perched on a perch. ' will show you around the hotel.'
-
 marita  and the girls entered the city. leaving tremkks of sand mixed with blood on their wake. ' marie tried to wipe some of the sand off of her, her throat was dry and every time she coughed sand dribbled out of her mouth. 'wh-where to, Marita" Marie wheezed." i dont know' Marita said. " Just look for an inn, any inn will do." rose was wipeng her face fre of the sand, all three of them looked like something out of a zombie flick.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thank you..." Blushed Flora,  crossing over to the Mcaw. This wasn't the service she expected from an Arabian hotel, she'd always heard that on this side of the world business was full of haggling and nitpicking down to the penny. But she couldn't well be scammed if she had no money. Maybe he had a crush on her...

Or the Mcaw's going to knock me unconscious and steal my organs, she thought, but she didn't care. She needed somewhere to sleep.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
follow me please' the Macaw said in a thick Arabic accent " the dining room is this way.  sample as you like, your room will be billed once you finish and enter it. Unless you are expecting friends? But no matter, that is between you and them.' the macaw entered the dining room and guided the folf to an open table,  the room was about a quarter full of guests, mostly camels altghough there we a few dogs and human families as well, all dressed n local attire. they paid little attention to the newcomer, and NMasad paused at a open table ' please sit here. theres water in that pitcher."
-
 marita  looked around the street, it was late now anmd she was exhausted . for the last 15-20minutes or so they had been looking for anything that looked like an in, but with no luck.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora looked with alarm at the food. She couldn't pay for the room and was certainly skipping town, not to mention she was starving, but she suspected that they would hunt her down and kill her if she flaunted her bill before dashing. Not to mention the food was bringing up uncomfortable memories about Titus... "Ummm, maybe I'll eat later, but right now I just kinda want to shower and fall asleep." She rubbed her sunburnt arms and winced. "Also, maybe some Aloe Vera, if that exists out here..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
after stumbling around the city some more. Marita spotted the sign for the Oasis and led the girls inside.  Rose dug into her dress and pulled out her creds card ' a room please' she said looking at the clerk ' If you have rooms available." the camel opened the book, ' how many are checking in?'
-
 3  Rose said . the camel swiped her creds car then handed it back to her ' i have a guest who is looking for a room, but has no money. would you mind, letting her stay with you? i cannot afford to eat the cost of a room and meals if she has no money to pay..
-
 well.. rose sighed ' it depends on who that  person is.. ' Her name is Flora. outsider, looked really beat up. i'm having the bellhop show her around..'
- Marita started ' Flora? wait.. how did she.. nevermind. we'll let her stay with us once we find her. I'm Marita, Thats Rose and Marie."
_
 sign your names here ' the clerk said, handing marita a pen. Marita put her name in, then handed it to Marie, who signed, then Rose completed the trio. " room 18 will be available in 20 minutes' the clerk said ' just up the stairs to your right.
_
 the rooms should have supplies in the bathroom ' the macaw replied to Flora.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"ohmygodohmygod thank you!!!" Flora rushed into the air-conditioned, carpeted room and collapsed on the only bed. She sighed loudly and contentedly as she sank into the fluffy covers and a small pyramid of sand trickled out of her dress and onto the floor at the base of the bed. She almost fell asleep right away, but the aforementioned sand was giving her rashes in almost every joint.

Spurring herself back to her feet with Herculean effort, Flora staggered into the bathroom and shed her clothes immediately. Running the bath as hot as it went, she sank into the bathtub and sighed as the water pooled around her and coaxed the grit out of her fur.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're welcome the macaw said before the door was slammed in his face, and he turned to head down the hallway when he saw three female dogs walking towards him. they were silently counting the room numbers. " Excuse me sir" said one of the dog ' we're looking for room 18 , please."
 " well its this one. its well occupied. i just had a guest named Flora inside..' Yes.. shes.. staying with us, for the evening " Marita said.' ah.. excellent.' Masad said, unlocking the door with a master key, and letting the girls in.' call downstairs if you need anything. good night ladies ' he said' closing the door behind him, and headed down stairs.
-
 the sound of the bath running was audible, but the girls were more interested in settling in. there was only one bed, but it was a large one, enough for 3 people, or 4 if the squeezed in tight. marie brushed off the sand flora had left on the bed as best she could, the three of them were sandy as well. Rose got a garbage bin and place it on the ground and one by one the girls wiped as much sand and grit off their dresses and out of their fur and into the garbage. between the 3 of them, they filled the bin nearly halfway once they were finished. ' yuck ' Rose said looking at the mess in the bin, ' cant believe all that was on me..'
 marita took off her dress, and set it on a chair, ashe triered to lie down on the bed but there was still a lot of sand in her fur.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora used the entirety of the little complimentary bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. She scrubbed every inch of her body until it was raw, then lathered herself in soap and shuddered in pleasure as the stinging dulled her nerves and let her mind off the sand rashes. She soaked a towel and pressed it against her calloused feet, scrubbing her paw pads until they were swollen with water. Occasionally she'd change the spigot to cold water long enough to take some long deep draughts; it was the greatest water she'd ever tasted.

Almost an hour later she stumbled out of the bath, took one look at the towels and muttered, "fuck that I'm going to sleep." Opening the door and walking into the bedroom, she noticed with abject shock that were three people on her bed and fell over with a spooked "Yeep!!!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hi Flora' rose said from the bed as she heard the door open and saw a nude hot pink folf come out. ' i see you managed to cross our path again..I'm Rose, if you remember.  "
_
could you put a robe on please? Marie said ' not that i dont admire the feminine form- you've got a good sized bust, by the way- but usually you cover your goods when coming out of the shower.
- marita looked at Flora. " hey Flora. dont worry, we're not going to kick you out of here. you'll be sharing this room with us for the evening, which includes dinner. don;t worry, we've got enough creds for all 4 of us to get a meal in us.. since right now I'm very hungry- don't know about you" she said. 'we're just resting for a bit after trekking through that sandsquall. we basically filled an entire garbage can, with sand from out outfits.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I huh I ju uh I whu you whu huh?" Flora babbled, wide-eyed and fur standing on end. "How did where did what did you doing here?"

She scrambled to her feet in surprise. "I'm sorry, I just didn't think anyone would be in here!" she stammered, blushing and covering her privates. "Especially not you three!"

She grabbed the towel from the bathroom and quickly wrapped it around her waist. "How did you get here?" she asked, nonplussed. "Where did you come from???"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita got up from the bed and headed over towards Flora. "we got stuck in the desert, and wandered our way into town. Wasnt fun, AT ALL as for getting in here ' she waved a room key at flora this is our room.. well its your room too, we're sharing it."
-
Rose got up from the bed and headed towards flora." Don't be afraid Flora. You're safe with us ' She said giving Flora a smile.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I mean of course I'm safe but I just didn't expect I mean I was in a warship and you were all gone and I got the shit beaten out of me and then Lily healed me so I guess I wasn't alone but I thought everyone else was gone forever and now you're here and--" Flora could not stop babbling, her hysteria from the desert was reasserting itself.