The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Contest

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,
Ever since RockingScorpion came up with the idea to host a fanart contest, I also wanted to host one at some point because the challenge is a good motivation for people to pick up their pencil and draw something ;)
Since Christmas is only one month away and Winter about to strike, I have decided to make this contest a winter contest so without further ado, here is your task:

Draw one or several LBT characters in a situation related to the season of winter and/or in a situation related to Christmas.

You may submit more than just one artwork of course but only one will be judged by me.

Of course there ain't no contest without a winner, right? I will pick a Top 3 out of the submissions. I will judge both creativity (as in how deep, emotional, original or just how humorous a submission is) but also the quality. However, creativity is much more important so it'll count more! ;)

Of course a contest also needs a price for the participants so here's my offer: I will allow every participant to ask me for a simple Fanart request (one character). Those who make it into the top 3 will have the opportunity for more complex requests (several characters). :)

As for art mediums, anything goes. If you want to pick up you pen or (coloured) pencil, go ahead. If you wanna use your computer and go digital, feel free to do so. Heck, you may even use clay. Anything goes as long as you are the one who created the work ;)

Deadline will be December 31st 12pm (German time). That should allow everybody to participate even if their schedule is crazy like mine :p

I hope for plentiful participation and that everyone has fun and their creativity gets sparked, yep, yep, yep!
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Oh another fanart contest. I might have a go at it. Though I'll probably go for the winter situation. Cause personally I think Littlefoot and co in a Christmas related scenario would!d be kinda silly a
Their in preprehistoric times. were Christmas doesn't exist yet, as humans havent evolved and Jesus hasn't been born yet etc. I'm not really an Anachronism fan. Unless it's time travel.
Anyway I may have some funny winter theme ideas. BTW are we allowed to include OCs?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OC's are okay though it would be nice if at least one of the characters are in the drawing to :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Nov 26 2015 on  06:45 PM
OC's are okay though it would be nice if at least one of the characters are in the drawing to :)
It's OK the offical character's will be in it too. :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I have thought up something to enter for this contest. Will post it tomorrow. :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Here is my entry for this contest. At first I thought putting dinosaurs and x-mas together would be silly and super  Anachronistic. But then I thought of one teeny tiny Christmas tradition, that would make a nice Littlefoot and Ali, and Cera and Bambo pairing art...

Standing under mistletoe!    

If I get time I may do another pic for this contest. A more comical one.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I think I'll also give this a try, I've got an idea of what I want to do so I'll see if I can get this on in time. I should be able too. BTW nice pic Dalekdino it looks really good  :yes
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Lone Dragon,Dec 19 2015 on  07:49 AM
BTW nice pic Dalekdino it looks really good.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay, the contest didn't die :lol

Good one, dalekdino!  :lol:

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 20 2015 on  06:12 PM
Yay, the contest didn't die :lol

Good one, dalekdino!  :lol:
Yeah I suprised I'm the only one whose posted anything so far. Glad you like it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just a reminder: You'll need to finish your work tomorrow. If you've already started but you aren't gonna be finished until tomorrow, let me know. I can give you another week. Just happy anybody participates lol  :lol:

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I'm surprised no one apart from me has posted anything here so far..

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I've finished the sketch for it (luckily I'm doing absolutely nothing this week so I have time). I'm going to work as much as I can on it today and hopefully I'll finish it in time for tomorrow. :)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to finish my art in time not by a long shot, maybe in a week but there's no promises. My holiday is a lot more eventful then I expected.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm in the same boat as The Lone Dragon, my holidays have been crazy :oops
I do love the contest idea, though :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I'd really love to see what you guys are going to come up with so you'll have at least another week. I meant to draw something for this contest myself but so far I haven't even started! no motivation to draw :( But I've planned to start tomorrow :p

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^
Kind of getting a feeling of deja vu here As I remember The Rockingscorpion Had to Pose boned The closing dates of his fan art competition.

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
I sure would like to contribute something but I just can't draw to save my life. Not even sketches. If you would see my handwriting, you would understand... :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, it's a day late, but a last-minute New Year's Eve sleepover meant that I couldn't quite finish the submission on time.

So, here goes nothing:

I went for the funnier one this time around since I did an emotional one for the last contest. So after a certain incident where a certain longneck got pelted in the face with a snowball from a certain threehorn, said longneck thinks it's time for some payback. He asks Grandma to distract Topsy for a moment, but she doesn't realise what he's up to until she sees a huge snowball on top of the small hill in front of her, aiming for the unsuspecting threehorn who is on a rant about the weather. :lol

I could go on a rant about some things I'm not happy about, but that's what deviantArt is for, so I'll just wish everyone here a Happy New Year, and thanks to Ducky123 for holding another contest! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^

Ha nice one somerandomfangirl. Anything bad about to happen to Topsy I love! :)

BTW While I'm at it as I don't have time to make the other pic I was going to do for this contest, I thought I'd tell you what it would have been.

It would have been a mini comic starting with Littlefoot and co singing in a snowy background, then Bambo warns them that they should be singing so loud around snow/ ground sparkles as Mr Thick nose warned them it could cores them to fall down off trees and rock walls etc.. But they just ignore him thinking he's just saying it cause he doesn't like their song and keep singing. Then a big pile of snow would fall on top of them and Bambo would laugh and say 2Well what did I just tell you!?"