The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you were a LBT Character

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was just wondering, if you could be a Land Before Time Character, what species would you be?

As for me, that's a hard decision.  I'd definitely be one of the gang's species.  As for which, well, I wouldn't be picking Spiketail anytime soon.  For one thing, I get heartburn easily from eating so much.  On top of that, I doubt I'd sleep as much as Spike does.

Flyer?  Maybe.  It would be quite the experience to fly.  Then again, that's all it's got going for it, really.

Threehorn?  Tempting, especially with Cera being my most favorite character.  However, I could NEVER measure up to the toughness of most of them.  Not to mention the bossiness.  I'd be a disgrace to them, if anything.

Swimmer?  Bigger disgrace!  Can't swim!

So, by choice of elimination, I'd be a Longneck.  It's the best choice for me. :)

Okay, your turn, everyone!  What species would you be?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sharptooth, fast biter, or maybe even belly dragger for me  :DD

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would probably be a longneck or a fast-runner... that is going by the perception of the LBT gang however. There could be ones out that are really ignorant or stupid that we just don't know about.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Definitely a flyer. It must be an awesome feeling to fly around whenever you want.  :D

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd be one of them guys that bump each other on the head.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd probably be whatever the heck Mr. Thicknose was. Knows way too much worthless trivia, likes to help and educate other people but not particularly good at it, and pretty useless in a physical fight. But I'm no small fry either. :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Alex,Sep 7 2009 on  02:33 PM
I'd be one of them guys that bump each other on the head.
Pachycephalosaurs? *ahem* Domeheads? :p

Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Sep 7 2009 on  03:25 PM
I'd probably be whatever the heck Mr. Thicknose was. Knows way too much worthless trivia, likes to help and educate other people but not particularly good at it, and pretty useless in a physical fight. But I'm no small fry either. :D
He's a Pachyrhinosaurus; a big ceratopsian (horned dinosaur) whose horns had grown and fused into a thick bony boss on its forehead.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If I had to be a herbivore species, I'd pick flyer too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think a flyer is what I'd like to be the most.  Able to fly and soar when I wanted.  Would be nice indeed.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, Pacholaph..domeheads, yes. I like those guys. They can bump people with their heads and they got claws and stuff..so they're tough.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
A tie between a longneck and a young sharptooth, but a nice one like Chomper :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Me personally I'd narrow my choices down to either a Swimmer due to the fact that swimming to me would be the equivalent of growing wings. I love swimming and it is a major part of my life.

My second choice would be a Longneck, merely based on the fact that I tend to be rather heavy set, and I enjoy looking at heights. and the Longneck seem to have both of those checked off of there lists.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wait, is the question what we wished we could be if we could choose, or what makes the most sense with our current personality? 'Cause if I were omnipotent, I'd pick swimmer. Opposable thumbs and the ability to not drown are useful, plus there's the giant family. Unfortunately, Pachyrhinoceros (thanks Pangaea) fits my personality and body type better.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Pachyrhinosaurus, actually. :lol

My impression was that the question was "If you could be an LBT dinosaur, which kind would you choose". At any rate, Mr. Thicknose is the only member of his species we have seen in the entire LBT series, and is known to have acquired his extensive repertoire of knowledge is a result of being a timid and constantly-overlooked hatchling with little to do besides eavesdrop on farwalkers. My point being that his personality is a product of rather unusual circumstances, which means he is probably not typical of his kind.

For the record, if we all selected our respective LBT "dinosonas" based on which LBT species (or visible representatives thereof) were most physically and/or cognitively similar to us, then I would probably be a Pachyrhinosaurus as well. :smile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 9 2009 on  09:29 AM
^ Pachyrhinosaurus, actually. :lol
Wow. I don't why, but the way I typed it makes me laugh now. Thanks a second time! :cheers

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You’re welcome a second time! :smile

As for the kind of LBT dino I’d like to be, I said elsewhere on a similar topic that I’d like to be a flyer, as, given my jittery and paranoiac nature, I’d feel more comfortable in the knowledge that I’d be able to fly away from whatever danger might threaten me.

However, a swimmer or a fast runner might be nice, too (especially if I lived in a safe place like the Great Valley, where there’s less danger to worry about). I really like both of those dinosaurs, and the dexterous hands would be a bonus.

As much as I’m fascinated by them, I wouldn’t want to be a sharptooth, because I’d feel guilty eating other dinosaurs. :p It also probably wouldn’t be good for me to be a longneck, seeing as I’m alarmingly clumsy, and could inflict A LOT of accidental damage in a body that immense. :rolleyes: Similar problem with threehorns, spiketails, and just about every other large quadrupedal dinosaur.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Flyers would be fun! But I'd probably be a Hollowhorn. I really like that kind of dinosaur. Or maybe a Rainbow Face. Whatever dinosaur I was, I'd want hands. And they can run fast, can't they?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
My top choices are either a longneck or a spikethumb (iguanodon), but a rainbowface or a therizinosaurus would be cool, too.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm torn between a threehorn and a swimmer.  More likely a swimmer 'cuz I'd be more physically able to swim, and I don't like fighting unless it's a last resort and in self-defense.  I'd be considered too soft by other threehorns :lol.