The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you were a LBT Character

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ophthalmosaurus! Hands down! I'd get to live in the ocean, heck yeah!

Apparently inherent enthusiasm is a plus, too :lol

moayzh

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Apatosaurus? Especially Littlefoot & Bron is my favorite character....  :wow

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A Longneck. I'd fit the part. I'm too tall for my own good! :lol:

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Flyer. Flying equals freedom, there's no need to explain in more detail.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd be a Swimmer. The fact that they're very friendly, accepting and non-violent is the most important point for me. Also, that they have a large family. Besides I like to swim :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd probably be a longneck :)...

or a sharptooth XD!

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd be a flyer (pteranodon).

Like MurMur said,  flying = freedom, and it couldn't be more true. :yes

Flyers are perhaps the species that are the freest (and safest from danger), and here are a few reasons why i'd love to be a pteranodon (flyer):

1. The experience of flying itself.

Pteranodon: You have the fun experience of being able to fly around freeeely in the sky with your big, powerful wings. zipping/zooming/flapping/fluttering around. :yes (as well as walking on land.)

Land Dinosaur: You can't fly. Just regular walking/running/climbing with your arms/legs. (if you're a swimmer, add the ability to swim of course.)

2. *This is my favorite* Easily accessing high places (like high caves and ledges at the very top of the highest peaks/cliffs :nyah) :yes

Pteranodon: You're able to gain access to high-up peaks/cliffs/caves that a regular land dinosaur can't reach. :nyah Just fly on up to wherever you want to explore. :yes  **If you did this in a game of hide and seek with the gang, the only one who'd be able to find you would be Petrie.**

Land Dinosaur: You have to work your way up working really hard with your arms and legs climbing up rocks/boulders/cliffs. And if the place is too difficult/impossible to reach. Too bad. :( :cry

3. Do you need to cross a canyon when you're hundreds of feet up in the air?

Pteranodon: It couldn't be easier. :) Just fly across.  

Land Dinosaur: You need to find and cross a log/vine bridge, risking your life and hope you can make it across safely without falling off or having the bridge collapse, or you're toast! :blink:)

4. OH NO! Here comes a sharptooth!! :blink: what do you do?

Pteranodon: To escape a sharptooth, just fly up high enough in the sky so that the sharptooth can't reach you no matter what. And you're safe! ;)

Land Dinosaur: RUN for your LIFE! and find a VERY good hiding spot and hope that it doesn't catch up to you or find you, or you're an instant sharptooth meal!)

Flyers really have the most freedom, and it would have the most fun and enjoyment for me personally. Not to mention having the EASIEST sharptooth escape method, too. :yes

Need I say more?  :D Flyers rock! :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would be a fast biter.  However, if I were limited to herbivorous options, then I would choose being a flyer for all of the reasons noted by Jrd89.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Aug 14 2013 on  01:02 AM
2. *This is my favorite* Easily accessing high places (like high caves and ledges at the very top of the highest peaks/cliffs :nyah) :yes

3. Do you need to cross a canyon when you're hundreds of feet up in the air?

4. OH NO! Here comes a sharptooth!! :blink: what do you do?
2. But if you eat too many delicious berries, you'll be grounded for a while :C

3. If you ate recently you're toast xD

4. If you ate recently then you're definitely toast. But even if you didn't, it takes time and effort to get from waddling on the ground to flying away, so I wonder how fast a flyer could be :o

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^also, they can't fly at bad weather such as heavy rain/sky water or storms

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
As much as I love flyers I have to agree. Flyers have many disadvantages to them. Like people said they're very weak to windy weather. But they can also escape from Sharp teeth more easier as well.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
RUN for your LIFE! and find a VERY good hiding spot and hope that it doesn't catch up to you or find you, or you're an instant sharptooth meal!)
Run?I say CHARGE!

If herbivore I would be a threehorn.Who wants to escape from sharpteeth when you have two good reason on your head why not to mess with you?Also being able to reach 12 tons show how powerfull a threehorn could be.I would be like a living tank,and I could brag about why threehorns are the best,muhahahahaha!

If carnivore I would be the Liopleurodon.That thing looks scary yet elegant.I could swim real fast and could eat fish all day.Also I would be the giant predator of the seas,and the underwater would be an interesting change from the lands.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oyy, so many choices!!

Well, it comes down to either an Eggstealer (Struiomimus) or a Flyer (Tapejara)

Struthios bc they've been my favorite dinosaur for who knows how long - I can totally deal with the diets and the pretty nifty defense system (now ya see me, now ya don't! BOOM!) Those legs could deliver a pretty jarring kick too, same with that tail.

Flyers because as it's been mentioned, they are the epitome of freedom, nothing holds these flippers down :3 not to mentio, my dinosona is a Tape sooooo's... XDD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
2. But if you eat too many delicious berries, you'll be grounded for a while :C

3. If you ate recently you're toast xD

4. If you ate recently then you're definitely toast. But even if you didn't, it takes time and effort to get from waddling on the ground to flying away, so I wonder how fast a flyer could be.

Ludichris1: I can only agree. :( Flying on a full stomach would be challenging.

Also, they can't fly at bad weather such as heavy rain/sky water or storms.

Very true, Ducky123. :( as a pteranodon, I wouldn't go flying in a rainstorm. If I got stuck in the rain, i'd land at a cave and take shelter/wait for the rain/thunder/lightning to stop, then continue flying afterward.

If herbivore I would be a threehorn.Who wants to escape from sharpteeth when you have two good reason on your head why not to mess with you?Also being able to reach 12 tons show how powerfull a threehorn could be.I would be like a living tank.

Blais_13: VERY true. (I make an exception for threehorns and clubtails.) *Hey I didn't say it applied to "all" dino species, guys. ;)*

Of COURSE Threehorns are built tough! I know that. :yes

You'd definitely be a living tank, built to do battle against any sharpteeth. Tough, rugged, heavy weight (I didn't know they could weigh up to 12 tons! Wow! :blink: ,and 2 long razor sharp horns on your forehead ready to fight.  

Ok, so threehorns are the best sharptooth fighters, while flyers are best when it comes to escaping them.

and 2 more weaknesses of a Pteranodon:
1. They only weigh about 35 pounds.

2. They're hollow-boned, not solid. :blink: So i'd have to watch out there.)

Guys, I admit that flyers have their own disadvantages, :(

But i'd still want to be one though. They're my favorite LBT species. :D

(I can't seem to say it enough times) I'dd LOVE to meet (and become friends with) Petrie and meet Pterano, and be able to fly around and explore places that a regular land dinosaur couldn't physically reach. :yes LBT flyers are so cool.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If it goes to fighting, I'd like to be a Threehorn cause I could bump things with my horns and kick the Sharpteeth's butts :lol