The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Never Do Anything Together

Kit12 · 120 · 12885

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's the discussion thread with further details

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...?showtopic=5070

I guess I'll start off with the first post to give you some better idea. I'm using movie characters for set up, but as stated in the discussion, you can take who you want or none and we'll switch around using non-claimed characters as needed. No pressure eitherway

With a final tail lash, since thankfully she had remained undistracted all throughout the battle, Littlefoot's mother sent the Sharptooth down and off the side of a nearby cliff (having nothing do with the any eathshake of course).

She panted, catching her breath, as it became clear to her that the Sharptooth really was dealt with and everything was fine. She turned, "Littlefoot? Are you and the young threehorn alright?".

Littlefoot approached with Cera hesitantly behind. "Y-yes Mother, we're fine" the young longneck rushed forward to nuzzle his mother, and she returned the gesture in gratitude of both children in fact being fine.

Cera shifted uncomfortably, something down deep in her almost knew she should thank this longneck for saving her...but then that was just it, she was a longneck, and Threehorn's did talk to or owe them anything.

"Yeah well...I should be getting back to my daddy", Cera turned and rushed off towards the direction of where she'd last left her herd before wandering off that night and finding the hopper that had lead to the terrifying adventure she'd just had.

~~~~

Meanwhile as the rising rays woke up those not in the immediate area of this previous battle, one young flyer hatchling grinned as she spotted the morning rays. Kit quickly hopped up and flew from her own nest of just her and her father, Tylr, over to where her aunt's nest for the time being was.

"Petrie!" she called, "wake up, you're gonna miss it, we're near a watering hole and the rising bright circle makes cool colors on the water, you said this morning you'd wake up and see it!".

As she reached the nest and shook her cousin who hadn't learned to fly yet and so had very little fun times (something Kit often tried to remedy) there were groans from her other cousins.

"Ki-t, my gosh you're not normal!" one of them said, stuffing his head under a leaf to drown out the noise and go back to sleep, "who cares about some stupid water!".

Off on a nearby rock face on his own, Cree also wasn't finding the young one's loud antics amusing. "Leave it to Tylr..." he grumbled as an unfinished insult on both his brother and said brother's young daughter as he also rolled over and tried to go to sleep. "I swear, I don't know why I stick around!".

~~~~

Off in another herd of crested swimmers, Cory tossed, turned and finally awoke to find his mother talking with some others others of the herd.

"Wasn't there anything today?" Cory's mother asked. The other swimmer shook her head. "I'm afraid not, it looks like the sooner we reached this legendary Valley the better".

Cory's mother sighed, "I only hope it's soon...".

From his nest, where he listened, Cory sighed, "Probably doesn't exist...or if it does there'll be others who won't let us intrude on the land they found" he said to himself suspiciously, it had been his experience with encountering different herds so far.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The rainbow face known by his name of Cyrix turned over onto his belly as the bright circles rays warmed his body, and told him a new day was beginning. After a few moments more of enjoying the warmth the light brought Cyrix stood up and stretched his body. He looked around and sighed as he realized it would be another long day without any food and very little if no water at all. "This is getting rather annoying...even for me." Commented Cyrix to himself aloud. He then shrugged his arms and began walking in a random direction looking for food, water or the person he was looking for.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Cory we're suppose to stay near the nest until we move off for certain!" one of the young swimmer's sisters called to him as the little swimmer jogged off. Cory turned a smirk back, "and since when has that been fun, don't worry, I won't go far".

He jogged off just a bit from the nest to see if he could find either adventure or food, either one would be a pleasant surprise.

~~~~

"Hurry up, you're missing it" Kit said. Petrie frowned, "Kit, how me suppose to get down to lake anyway...me...well...".

Petrie didn't want to state yet again how he couldn't fly. Kit smiled, "Yeah, I know, just climb, here I'll help". Kit began to climb down a vine from the nest to the ground, "I'll help".

Something about Kit climbing now too made it more embarrassing fro the little flyer, but Petrie followed with a sigh. His mother peered her head over worriedly. "Kit...I'm not sure..." she began, not comfortable with her flightless hatchling going all the way down to the ground.

"No worries there" Tylr flapped over, "I'll watch them, dart him out and up if anything happens". Petrie's mom felt a bit better with this plan, and so hesitantly nodded.

The kids had half climbed half dropped to the ground now and Kit flapped up a bit, but still right next to Petrie, "Ok, come on, it's over here" she flapped over to the small watering hole which was still sparkling from the morning rays.

With a sigh Petrie walked along.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork landed in the dust with a grunt.  As he attempted to stand, an old, rugged swimmer kicked him in the stomach, sending him back into the mud.     

“I told you to watch for sharpteeth!  Instead, I find you napping!  That’s what you get for slacking off on the job!”

Snork croaked as he sat up, “Well if you’d let me sleep at night, I wouldn’t have this problem!”  

He began to wipe the mud out of his face but the older swimmer grabbed him and pressed his face back into the mud.

“Don’t you ever raise your voice at me!  Understand?”

“Yes, father.”
The old swimmer released Snork and hissed venomously, “I don’t know what your mother ever saw in you.”

Snork waited for his father to leave before attempting to get up.  Now, more than ever, he wanted to get away.  All Darin ever did was abuse him and exploit him.  As far as Snork was concerned, he was a slave to his father.  He already have various scars from his father's abuse.  he had heard tales of the Great Valley but Darin, his father, insisted that no such place existed.  this was a depressing, pointless existance and snork longed to find something better in life.  He wanted to escape his father's abuse and find this "Great Valley".  Unfortunately, with no knowlege of its location, and not daring to set out alone, he was stuck here for now.  

Snork let out a sigh of sadness and went back to his duty.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix's wandering had led him to a small pond. He was ever so grateful, but he was still extremely cautious as he knew that even this small amount of water could attract anything thirsty enough to come this way, including sharpteeth, but after making sure it was indeed safe, Cyrix darted forward and drank as much as he could. "This day...just got a little bit better." He said loud as he stared up at the sky.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Night came and the herd settled down for the night.  Snork was forced to remain on "sharptooth duty" again.  He hated it.  The more he thought about running away, the more he actually wanted to do it.  He tried to talk himself out of it but finally, the urge became too much.  By midnight, Snork had made up his mind.  The swimmer looked around to make sure nobody was watching, and then off he went.  He didn't even know which direction he was going.  

He knew one thing was certian.  He needed to find someone who could at least give him directions.  Snork kept running until morning, by which time he realized he was completely lost.  Up ahead, he could see a pond.

"Water." he whispered to himself.  

The swimmer walked until he could reached the water's edge and began drinking.  There were others at the lake as well so he kept his distance.  Then he wondered if they may know anything about the Great Valley.  Not far away, Snork saw a rainbow face.  His father had banned him from speaking to anyone of a different species but now that he was free of his father, Snork felt that he should ask for directions.  The only problem was, he didn;t know what to say.  It was improper for anyone to associate with a different species and the rainbow face may not even answer him.  For now, Snork was just sat down on the bank and drank the cool water.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix took a moment to look up and noticed a swimmer sitting at the other end of the pond. He smiled to see that his theory was right, and at least it hadn't attracted any predators. He blinked as he thought to himself 'It would be nice to have someone to talk to around here...' Cyrix then made up his mind and walked over to Snork and reached out to shake the swimmers hand.
"How are you...my name is Cyrix." he said with a grin.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork was rather surprised that therainbow face approached him so quickly.
"Uh, hi.  My name is Snork. Um, I'm looking for the Great Valley.  You wouldn't happen to know where that is, whoud you?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled at hearing the Swimmer respond so openly. But a moment later he frowned as Snork asked his question.
"I'm sorry, but I've only heard of it in stories, and myths. I personally believe it is real, but I can't be sure." He too a moment to take a breath before speaking again.
"It turns out however, that I'm looking for my nephew, I lost him a while ago as we were separated, you haven't seen him around have you?" Cyrix skillfully leaving out the detail that his nephew was a flyer.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"You were saved by a what?!" Mr. Threehorn asked his daughter. "A--a longneck" Cera answered hesitantly, "the mom of that one you wouldn't let me play with".

From the group of Cera's sisters a snicker was heard, but Topsy's quick glare cut it off.

"Well...I'm glad you're alright" Cera's father said, "now...let's get on with our move, I think the herd's rested long enough" Topsy walked out to get the other threehorn's of his herd moving out once more.

"Wow" one of Cera's sister said, coming over, "a longneck?". "Yeah, well, it was that little longnecks' fault the dumb sharptooth spotted us anyway" Cera grumbled out.

~~~~

"Kit, why you not go have fun with flyers that can fly?" Petrie asked, the morning colors on the water watching had worn off and now the young one's were trying to figure out what to do next. The decision had been Kit trying to get Petrie to follow out skimming the water on a leaf, since the young one couldn't fly.

"Aw Petrie, I'm not gonna say this too loud" Kit answered her cousin, "but you're much funner than your brothers and sisters" she smiled. Petrie smiled a bit too, getting on the leaf, "Well yeah, me know that" he said in half kidding.

Kit giggled and flapped down to pull the leaf along. "Let's pretend your an egg and this is the carrying nest" she said.

"But eggs no do nothing" Petrie argued.

Tylr remained on point babysitting nearby and noticed the two newcomers to the lake, but they weren't sharpteeth so he wasn't worried.

He heard their talk on the Great Valley though, and couldn't help wondering if a few more knowing about this tale made it true. He and those of his siblings still around had heard of it of course and there different thoughts swirling about about it.

Cree thought it was all rubbish, but Petrie's mom and Pterano seemed to halfway accept the tale in varying degrees of their own kind, Tylr had noticed. For his own part...Tylr hoped it was true with the lack of food.

He was brought out of these thoughts as a young crested swimmer suddenly appeared and rushed the lake. "Treesweet!" he called, unaware anyone else was in the water and diving into the water by jumping and holding his feet as he landed.

A wave was caused and the leaf with Petrie on it tipped as the water hit both it and Kit still flying above the top of the water.

"Petrie!" Tylr was worried for his daughter too, but his sister's little boy was the one who couldn't fly and he quickly darted in to try and find the young one.

He soon spotted both his nephew and daughter though and given the shock of the splash, had to help pull both to the shore.

"You two ok?" he asked. Petrie and Kit coughed but seemed alright. "Y-yeah, we fine" Petrie coughed out even as his mother swooped down to hug him up, "Oh thankgoodness" she sighed.

In the water, the young swimmer, Cory, was ducked down in almost fear of being yelled at, "Uh sorry..." he said, "I didn't know this pond was Oc'apied"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm afraid I haven't seen very many people around here.  I'm not even familiar with this area." Snork said.  "I need to find someone who knows something about the Great Valley.  It is my only chance now.  I ran away from my herd to get away from my abusive father."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
After making sure Kit and Petrie were alright, Tylr caught the swimmer's words... he was about to comment when the little crested swimmer answered for him.

"Great Valley?" the kid asked, swimming over, "Yeah, I know about it, that's where my herd's heading, it's suppose to have everything".

"Um, us too" Tylr hesitantly said, he helped to quickly fly Petrie back up to his nest and dropped Kit off for a quick babysitting from his sister before flapping back down towards where the swimmer and rainbow face were.

"Um, if a second opinion helps, we're thinking of heading that way too and I more than half believe it exists" he said, "Oh, uh sorry, perhaps I should introduce myself, name's Tylr" he said.

"Of course it exists" the young swimmer, Cory, replied without being asked, "grown-ups like my mom don't lie".

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I sure hope so." Snork said.  
He was surprised by the way everyone was openly talking to members of other species here.  Not that it was a bad thing.  In hact, it was delightful to talk to someone different for a change.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From behind one of the rock outcroppings, a quiet voice spoke up.
"Ummm...That's where I'm....I'm going, too.  Would you mind if I traveled with you guys?"
Syler asked, stepping shyly out with a smile on his face...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix was indeed surprised that so many other dinosaurs had heard of the Great Valley, but he still questioned if it truly existed or not, but he didn't dare say that in front of them. He smiled nonetheless at Snork.
"I'm sure its real, but finding it...now that's the adventure." he said with a voice of pride, and humor. However upon hearing Syler's voice he turned to face the little one and asked, "Hello there...I don't believe we've met. My name is Cyrix. What is yours?"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
From the nest and while Petrie's mom and his other siblings were busy, Petrie and Kit peered out at the new comers at the lake that Tylr was talking to.

"Who they?" Petrie asked. "I don't know" Kit shrugged, "let's go meet them!".

"What!" Petrie looked shocked by the suggestion. "Come on, there's at least two other kids, we can atleast meet them" Kit pointed out the young threehorn and swimmer.

"You just want Uncle Cree and Pterano yell at us" Petrie declared as his cousin flapped out to hel him down once more.

"Oh they wouldn't do that" Kit said, "for one thing they don't get along, so how could they both yell at us".

"They both think we should stick with flyers" Petrie pointed out. "It's other kids Petrie, how can they be bad" Kit pointed out, "Now come on".

In the end, half because Kit pulled, Petrie had to come down and Kit lead him over to where the others were.

Tylr also was enjoying this new scene of talking to other kinds, not that he had gone out of his way to avoid it before, more like the others hadn't wanted to talk.

He noticed Kit and Petrie but didn't think it was an issue them being here.

"So your herds knows the way to the Great Valley?" he asked Cory, "'cause that's the main problem for all of us, a clear cut where it is".

"Well apparently if you follow the bright circle you're suppose to find it" the young swimmer said, although he was finding the young threehorn that had appeared a bit more interesting than this adult flyer's questions.

He got out of the lake and went over to where Skylar was, "Hi, I'm Cory" he introduced.

"and uh, I'm Kit" Kit added to both of them, "and this is my cousin Petrie, he panics alot", Petrie shot her a look.

"Hi" Cory nodded. Tylr smiled, something about the kids just up and introducing themselves hit him as refreshing.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
snork listened and then had an idea.  He said, "I'm Snork.  I'm on my own now.  THis may seem odd but do you mind if I stick with you guys?  I mean, it is better than being all alone."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix turned with a smile as he watched Snork ask his question. He was proud that so many different kinds were getting along so well, and asking for help as they all seemed to be heading to the same place. It was then that Cyrix turned around and looked to the sky again and let out a sigh as he thought about the one he lost.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Tylr noticed the rainbow face glance to the side, "You ok?" he asked. He then realized he might be prying and glance aside, "Um I mean, not that I have any business intruding or anything".

~~~~

Littlefoot stood on a rock, looking at the direction the bright circle was in now and then turning to face the other way. "So...we go this way!" the young one guessed, walking that other direction.

His mother, still a bit drained from the fight over last night and that morning but feeling she would do alright, smiled at her son's energy. "Yes Littlefoot, we go that way, very good" she said. The young longneck beamed.

"So are we close to the Great Valley now?" he asked, turning to look at his mother and grandparents as they continue on their way.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork wasn't sure what to do now.  He had med a bunch of people who seemed to know about the valley but nobody knew where it was.  At least he wasn't alone now though.