The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Grandma sighed, "Well I agree with you of course, that Longtail shouldn't be punished for a heritage alone...but we've always put things to a vote and...like you said, majority does not seem to be with us, yet".

She glanced to Kit and Cory once more. Grandma Longneck hadn't had a chance to speak with Cory's mother about the issue personally, but she knew Kit's dad, Tylr, felt like they did and was on Longtail's side.

"I really don't know" she continued to whisper, "if you asked me now how the vote would go...except...that I know where our threehorn friends stands on the issue" her amused smile was a bit grim.

It was just then that two of the sleeping children were discovered to finally be up as Littlefoot, followed by Cera whom he'd also gone to get, came over.

"Look I'm not saying I agree...I don't think" Cera finished half of an argument, "I'm just saying my dad's never wrong".

"Well I think here he is!" Littlefoot shot back, gently though. Cera frowned back at him, "you take that back right now!" she rushed up to get her face within inches of Littlefoot's own.

It was then that the two noticed Littlefoot's grandparents and Cory and Kit, who's splashing had stopped to notice this little fight.

Littlefoot and Cera glanced aside a bit. "Um...sorry", with his grandparents there, Littlefoot did actually take the statement back.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim walked along till she heard some voices and saw a very small pink threehorn bounding out of some grass.  She paused as she saw Mim and started to say something that Mim could not quite understand but she knelt down in front of her and keeping hold of the treesweets she had in her arm & against her body she picked one of the smallest ones and offered it to Tricia.  "here, is this what you wanted?" Mim asked.

Tricia not to hungry, but not full either took it saying something in her baby talk.  Tria came up a second or 2 behind her.  

"Tricia where..." Tria said pausing, "oh, hello. "

"How goes?" Mim asked waving one hand, her other hand and arm still busy holding some treesweets.  She thought she wished she had brought one of her woven baskets with her, but didnt think she'd need one.  

"I was just talking to Mrs. Flyer when Tricia took off." Tria said, "Come along Trica," She said to Tricia who had started to nibble on the treesweet.  She picked it up in her mouth and started walking along with her mother, "You're free to come along if you'd like.  One more can add to a conversation." Tria said.

"Thanks, I think I will." Mim said walking along with Tria and Tricia, who carried the partially nibbled treesweet in her mouth.  Since threehorns had not hands nor pockets.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Grandpa Longneck looked down to his grandson and asked, "Is everything alright Littlefoot?" He didn't want to pry, but knowing how often his grandson and his friend Cera fought he figured he'd at least try to figure something out.

~~~~

As Cyrix and Longtail walked Longtail felt like they had walked this path before...and he couldn't figure out why.

Cyrix then spoke up, but kept his eyes on the path ahead.
"You know what I'm going to say don't you nephew?"

Longtail then looked to the ground and answered. "Yes....I do...but uncle! It's not fair...I shouldn't be judged on what I am...but WHO I am...and how I can and have helped this valley."

Cyrix sighed as he knew his nephew was at least part right.
"Yes Longtail, you shouldn't be judged for what you are, but some grown-ups are afraid of what they don't understand."

Longtail continued to stare at the ground.
"But...I...can't...I won't..." he said with a stammer.

Cyrix finally looked down upon his nephew, and saw the pure fear in the flyers eyes...he was scared...and didn't bother to try and hide it.
He then decided that it would be easier to carry Longtail as he picked him up and into his arms.
"It will all be okay, you'll see."

Longtail didn't respond as he turned his head and finally saw why the path was so familiar...it lead to the Tree of Life in the center of the valley.

Cyrix noticed the silence and smiled as his nephew seemed to calm down.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Cera both looked a bit ashamed as Littlefoot answered, "Um...yes Grandpa, it's just...I...well I know I probably shouldn't have said so, but I don't think Cera's dad is right in what I heard him say about Longtail being...dangerous".

"He never actually said that!" Cera pointed out.

"Well...then I didn't understand what I heard" Littlefoot tried not to cause an argument again, "because it sounded like he did".

Grandma Longneck sighed, apparently the adult discussion was trickling down to affect  the young ones' too...not that she was surprised, they were friends of Longtail all of them.

"Aw come on guys" Cory sighed, "the adults are doing that 'nice fighting' called discussing thing anyway, don't you all start!" he said, stating it quite bluntly but effectively Grandma Longneck thought...even if the young one's description of a discussion was wrong...a bit.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The small group walked along till they got to where Petrie's mother was standing.  

"Sorry, had to catch up to Tricia.  Young ones can be hard to catch up to at times." Tria said.

"Yes, one must keep ones eyes on them every second." Petrie's mother said.  "Hello, Mim. "

"Hello, want one?" Mim said offering a treesweet to Petrie's mother then to Tria.  

"Yes, thanks." Petrie's mother said as did Tria who took hers in her mouth.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck held in a chuckle at Cory's description of the valley elders arguing methods. He smiled and said to the children below.
"You little ones have nothing to worry about...I know that the elders here in the valley will do the right thing and give Longtail a fair chance to stay here...after all none of them would be silly enough to send a hatchling into the Mysterious Beyond."

~~~~

Cyrix set Longtail down and pointed to the tree.
"Do you hear it nephew?" He asked in a shallow tone of voice.

Longtail frowned and tilted his head as he asked, "Hear what?"

Cyrix continued to point to the tree.
"Hear...what you want to hear...most of all." Cyrix said with a devious smile.

Longtail stepped forward and his eyes widened when he heard a voice crying out for help from inside the tree..."I can hear someone...they're trapped, I'm going to help them uncle!"

As Cyrix watched Longtail rush forward into the tree, he sighed and sat down to await his nephews return from inside the tree.

~~~~

Grandpa Longneck suddenly looked up to see the tree of life in the distance and he sighed aloud.
"I suddenly got a....a very bad feeling." he said to himself.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled, parrying Deimos's staff strike with his own stick, twisting away to avoid any other attacks and shifting back into his ready stance...

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah" Kit realized with a smile. Cera was frowning hard and Kit giggled as she realized what the threehorn's problem was. "Oh Cera, the other adults were just kidding with that whole Brave Threehorn girl thing, they were just mad your dad made you lie" she said.

Cory laughed, "Yeah, and Grandpa Longneck was even there to make sure they didn't overreact and do that" he pointed out, "so he'll do the same here" he said, feeling better about the situation...until the weird noise and Grandpa Longneck's frown.

"Oh dear..." Grandma Longneck walked forward, looking towards the tree as well.

"What is it?" Littlefoot asked, walking closer.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"What is that odd sound?" Mim asked and looked in the direction it came from.  

"I don't know.  Tria said taking a step in that direction.  

"I'll go and take a look, you 2 stay here." Petrie's mother said and took to the air.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck took a step forward before he turned to his mate and said, "Please take the young ones and get them to safety, I think Bleeding Heart is in the valley again."

As Longtail stepped into the tree it began to shake as a loud and obvious roar echoed through it...but it sounded familiar...too familiar Longtail realized as he turned around, and just in time to see a pillar of fire rise up out of the ground and in its place was an egg, but this egg gave off an evil feeling, and just as Longtail reached out to touch it, it shattered and as it did he heard a voice call out
'You are doomed child...and those you think are your friends are just traitors and hateful creatures, you were destined to be alone now...and forever!'

And then again Longtail was alone in the tree. He looked around and shuddered as he turned to step out and felt the ground shake once more, and this time he knew it was something bad.

Cyrix stood up once he felt the ground shake and turned his head to see a large black sharptooth with a scar running down to his heart...which is how he got his name as Cyrix took a fighting stance and uttered one name...

"Bleeding Heart..."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The strange noise made Deimos turn his head. "Uh, Dante, we should hold off the duel. Something's going on and we'd better start checking it out."

-----------

Ovius, who had finished eating ran towards Grandpa Longneck. "Grandfather! What's that noise?" Though Ovius was almost the same age as Deimos and not related to Grandpa Longneck, he still called him "Grandpa" or "Grandfather" as a respectful title.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Come along children" Grandma Longneck said, quickly ushering Cory, Kit, Cera and Littlefoot off even as the children looked a mixture of confused and worried.

"S-surely we're not running away from..." Cera began to protest. "Um, I think the answer to that is, yes!" Cory said even as he rushed along with the others as best he could.

"Threehorn's never..." Cera tried again, yet found she could do little but just follow along with the others, this seemed bad either way...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie's mother returned and reported what she saw.

"What do you think it is?" Tria asked.  

"Let's go and find Mr. Thicknose.  He's lived in the valley a long time, if anyone would know he should." Mim said and they set off, with Mim picking up Tricia who had finished her Treesweet by then and they went off.  Petrie's mother flew off to look for him from the air.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck began walking to see if he could find any of the other elders in the valley, but he looked down to face Ovius and answered his question.
"The valley may be in danger again. Would you like to help me find the other elders? I'm hoping to come across Mr.Threehorn, or Mr.Thicknose knowing they will have the best ideas on how to handle this situation." He just hoped nothing bad happened in the mean time.

~~~~~~

Cyrix took a step back as Bleeding Heart took a step forward.

Bleeding Heart then laughed and asked, "Why so scared Cyrix? I just want to talk to you and your 'nephew'."

Cyrix scoffed in reply and said, "Even if I knew where Longtail was, I wouldn't dare let the likes of you talk to him."

The sharptooth laughed again.
"Well then....I guess I'll just have to hurt you until he shows up!" He roared as he charged at Cyrix.

Cyrix however had seen this attack coming and jumped out of the way just in time as Bleeding Heart closed his jaws around nothing but air.

Longtail had seen everything from inside the tree, and he wasn't sure what to do...but he knew he didn't want Cyrix to get hurt because of him so he did the only thing he could, he jumped out into the open and shouted:
"HEY UGLY! Looking for someone?! Cause I'm right here!"

BH smiled and stopped chasing Cyrix as he turned to face Longtail.
"So, hopefully we can talk now...right Cyrix?" he asked rhetorically

The rainbow face simply nodded his head and stood in his place.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cory's mother, Rea, was just coming from a small cavern within the Valley that held nothing and went no where, as she'd just found out, when she met Grandma and the kids.

One look at the elder longnecks frown and she knew something was up. "What is it?" she asked, rushing up.

"We think there may be a threat to the Valley" she said, "I hate to ask you to keep the others as well as Cory safe, but--".

"No please, ask away, I'd be happy to" Rea said. Grandma nodded, "I must help my mate find some of the others".

"Don't you worry about a thing Ma'am" Tylr next added, flapping down from where he'd passed by to hear everything. "I'll help Rea here by being first line of defense, unless and until I'm needed more somewhere else, you just let me know" he said.

"Thank you" Grandma Longneck gave a grateful nod and then moved off to try and find another of the Valley elders.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Mr. Thicknose frowned as he sensed something was up. Spotting Grandpa Longneck far off seeming in a low talking worried discussion with someone didn't look good either.

"Best go find out what's going on" he said, slowly making his way over.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck was still waiting for a reply from Ovius, when he noticed Mr.Thicknose. Grandpa nodded his head as he spoke up.
"Good day old friend...it would seem we are in a bit of trouble. I have reason to believe that Bleeding Heart and his fastbiter friends are back in the valley, but we aren't sure where yet."
He paused to catch his breath as he said, "We were hoping you'd have an idea or two."

~~~~

Cyrix really couldn't believe this was happening...but it seemed the more Bleeding Heart spoke the more and more Longtail seemed to agree! While he'd done his best to counter the arguments BH was making, it seemed to be a losing battle.

In an effort to get Longtail away from the rather large sharptooth, Cyrix bolted forward and grabbed Longtail in his arms and attempted to run hoping to find a place to hide.

Of course Bleeding Heart did not enjoy that idea at all, and he immediately gave chase of the two giving off a loud and inconspicuous roar as he did so.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh my, well this is serious" Mr. Thicknose agreed. "Hmm, yes" he thought for a bit. Just then a roar seemed to reverberate all throughout the Valley.

"Well first off make sure some poor soul isn't be eaten that way" Mr. Thicknose guessed for an action, "though how while not becoming a meal ourselves I really don't know...and I have a feeling it's worse that just that if this is Bleeding Heart we're dealing with" he admitted.

The roar meanwhile brought Mr. Threhorn running to quickly find the others. "Longneck, we got trouble it seems" he said.

"Um, I believe we just figured that out" Mr. Thicknose told him.

~~~~

While feeling guilty at leaving Rea, even for a bit, Tylr had nontheless just wanted to ensure that the others of the children not present were not just wandering aimless to stumble into Bleeding Heart's way.

He had just finished ensuring Ducky and Spike were still safe with their mother, which they were, as well as any of the other families he passed on the way.

Petrie and his siblings were still at their nest, but their mom a bit busy it seemed trying to locate help of her own, was the best Tylr could guess so he did his sister and little nieces and nephews a favor and ushered them to where atleast he and Rea could keep an eye on them while informing a nearby lone flyer in his safe altitude nest where they went so his sister wouldn't worry.

"Don't tell me we gotta hang out with Petrie's yelling threehorn friend" one of the boys asked. "Trust me" Tylr said, "it's better than the revengeful sharptooth wandering about".

A roar sounded as if to prove his point, and Tylr hastened the brood on...though he didn't have to really try, they were all darting toward the safety they could already see, with Petrie foremost to hit the back of the cave in a huddled mass as quick as he could.

"Aw" Kit went over to hug him after his arrival, "It'll be ok Petrie, we're in a cave where he doesn't even know we're here so we're good".

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ovius grabbed a stick from the ground and looked at Grandpa Longneck. "I wait my next assignment, Grandfather."

Deimos ran up to Grandpa Longneck. "Mr. Longneck! What problems have arisen?"

--------

"Remain silent." Dromaeo said. He and Red-Eye were crouched in some bushes waiting for prey to come by.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika ran up to the gathered adults.  The odd-looking raptor bowed his head for a moment, then looked up at Grandpa Longneck.
"Jii-sama!  There are more foes than just Bleeding Heart and his herd.  There are..."
He stopped, trying to catch his breath, as Dante stepped up.

"There are the members of Ressentiment, right?  This is not a good thing..."
 Dante said, twirling his stick-sword nervously...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck was rather surprised at how quickly the valley members sought each other out even before the true crisis had emerged. But upon hearing from Dante and Virgil that members of Ressentiment were in the valley as well...he was beginning to doubt their chances of keeping those who were unaware of the danger alive.
"Everyone please just settle down for a moment...we need to think this through." He took a breath and continued talking.
"As unfortunate and knowing time is short it seems we need to find Longtail and Cyrix first, as they are to be the two most likely targets for this attack."

A nearby swimmer shouted, "Oh please these sharpteeth are after all of us...what even makes you think they're after Cyrix and his goofy nephew?"

~~~~

Cyrix at that moment however was trying as hard as he could to outrun Bleeding Heart. He was also trying to get his nephew to pay attention as Longtail seemed to have this glazed look in his eyes.
He tried once more calling out his nephew's name in a yell.
"LONGTAIL!"

And that got the young flyers attention. He looked up, almost apologetically at Cyrix as he heard his uncle whisper something into his ear.

Cyrix leaned into his nephews ear and said, "Sorry Longtail, but this is your destiny." He then raised his arms, coming to a stop with his feet at the top of a steep hill, and using all his strength threw Longtail over the edge.
Cyrix then had enough sense to jump to the side as none other than Bleeding Heart came over the ridge the very next moment and off the cliff as well.

While BH was stunned, he regained his senses and rolled the rest of the way down the hill.

Longtail however was still too shocked by his uncles actions to actually do anything and proceeded to lose consciousness as he continued to fall.
However it seemed fate would smile upon the young flyer as he landed in a nearby tree, directly above where Tylr, Petrie, Kit and the other young ones had taken safety.