The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Journey Beyond

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix smiled gently as he placed a hand on Zaines head. "Zaine, you have nothing to be sorry for. You were worried, and that gave you reason to be suspicious of my motives. Your insight is well placed. I was hiding something from you, but it has nothing to do with what made that noise last night."

Longtail looked confused.
"So then... what were you hiding from us?" he asked with a yawn.

Cyrix smiled again and looked to Zaine. "What do your instincts tell you Zaine?" he replied.

Littlefoot gave a small laugh at Chompers comment to Sneere but then quickly stepped over and pushed Sneere away from the nest. "Those are someone's eggs! You can't eat those!" he said rather alarmed.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper was equally alarmed by Sneere's action. "Littlefoot's right. You can't just walk around eating other dinosaurs' eggs. How would you feel if you had eggs and somebody just came around and ate them." He found it funny that he of all dinosaurs was preaching about eating food. Had he not hatched under Littlefoot's care, he most likely wouldn't have cared what he ate, as long as he ate it. "I'm sure there's fruit on trees we could find for you, but from now on  we don't eat eggs."

Zaine was completely confused at this point. The moment he apologized to Cyrix for his accusations, the rainbowface admits that he was hiding something. Zaine was just about to jump down his throat about it when Cyrix then said it had nothing to do with the object from last night. Even Longtail was wondering what it was Cyrix had kept from them. Then Cyrix had asked Zaine what his instincts told him, and he was lost. "To tell you the truth, I have no clue. My instincts were already wrong, so I don't really know what to think. I guess something wonderful, hopefully."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie shuddered, alarmed at Sneere's actions and moreso as they reminded him of 2 others the gang had encountered before, "He like egg eaters Ozzy and Strut." Petrie said, still remembering them.  "me remember how bad they were.  Now we have new type egg eater here. "

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere simply looked at the others and shruged before placing the egg back.

"Ok, sheesh, I've never gotten this much trouble just for eating fruit, but fine, I'll eat something else for now," Sneere said with a shrug.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton had long since left the other children and wondered down into the valley and towards another spot he loved to go to for peace and solitude. In a deep wooded area where the canopy of the trees were so thick that only small beams of the sun shined through on that particular part of the day. Where the sun did shine there grew small groves of tiny purple flowers. There was something about this place that attracted Denton to this area almost on a daily basis.

Upon entering this small grove Denton smiled and flopped down next to one of the tiny plooms of small purple flowers. He didn't eat them, he simply just admired their tiny designs. Such pretty little things with their small white centers.

It was also here that Denton often took his naps since he had a hard time sleeping at night like the other dinosaurs. Each day he would attempt to sneak at least a moments nap, unless he was made aware of that his friends or his mother were looking for him. Today would certainly be different as he would soon have an unexpected guest.

It so happened that Theadin was exiting a very cramped little cave that allowed him access from the beyond and into the valley. Feeling very sore and tired from his experience he felt the need to rest but refused to do so. He needed to work on his plan now. He needed to find a way to gather the valley children to hear his offer of the so called great adventure. As he stood looking about him, he saw that he was surrounded by the usual greenery of the valley forest. He was safe from the view of the other adults, and he had just the right setting for him to plan his next move uninterrupted.

But just as he started to ponder this next move he glanced over and saw not too far from him the napping little long neck. So very peaceful the little creature, not even the faintest sign of a snore from his deep slumber. (It would also seem that Denton was not having his usual nightmares, but Theadin wouldn't even know about this.)

Upon seeing young Denton, his plan took shape. He would simply get the little longneck to bringing his friends to him, and there Theadin would propose his grand adventure and ask them all to assist him.

Denton soon awoke to the sound of footsteps as Theadin approached him.

"Huh?" said Denton glancing up at the large adult threehorn still half asleep. "Wh...who are you?"

"I am a friend, little one." Said Theadon, trying to sound convincing.

"Is.. is my mother looking for me? How long have I been asleep?"

"Oh no, dear child... I just saw you here and stopped by to check on you... you know, like a good responsible adult should do for all the our valley young."

Denton stood blinking at the threehorn, something was very silly about him, but Denton couldn't quiet place it. Theadon continued to speak and try to sound convincing.

"Uh... listen, kid... I need you to do me a favor... have you got many friends?"

"I.. uh.. I well... I suppose. Why do you ask?"

"I need you to gather them to me... in this very spot... Its very important. Can you do that?"

"I suppose I could." said Denton, still puzzled by this stranger. "But what's so important?"

"It involves adventure. That's all you need to know... A fun little adventure..."

-----------------------------------------------

Sirious the adult swimmer was enjoying a nice cool drink when Denton's mother came  near to also indulge in a drink.

"Hullo, Sirious" she said.

"Oh, hello Lydia." said Sirious with a smile. "Good day for a drink and a swim, isn't it?"

"Oh don't be silly. I was never one for swimming. But I'm sure its absolutely delightful for you."

"Indeed." said Sirious with a smile and he lowered himself for another fresh gulp. Lydia did the same and then raised her head to look at him.

"Have you seen the children much today?"

Sirious raised himself smacking his lips and glancing at Lydia.

"Not a one... Not even a sign of my own niece and nephew wouldn't you believe it? But I may have a clue. Remember the events of last night?"

"Who wouldn't remember!" responded Lydia "That awful noise had the whole valley shook up!"

"Well, I would have to say our young'uns are probably very curious about what it was. They're probably peaking over the wall at what lays over the beyond. But I'm sure they're safe."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Fang approached the hole in the ground cautiously, he had just been out around the valley walls looking for food and his friend Nat when he saw it and after some hesitation decided to check it out.

"It's bigger than the others" he said looking down into it.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine then noticed something odd. Denton had left their group a bit ago, but he hadn't returned. "That's weird. He's been gone for some time," he muttered to himself. He wondered if Denton had gone back to whatever that thing was, but at the same time he figured maybe he had to just clear his mind on it. Still, it seemed odd that Denton was gone for this long. "Hey guys, I'm going to go look for Denton." Zaine then left the group and started walking through the valley in search of his friend.

Chomper didn't want to be reminded of the egg eaters either. "Don't even get me started on those guys. I'm glad we never saw them again after my parents chased them into the Mysterious Beyond. Littlefoot and I would have been done for had they not showed up."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail smiled for a moment as he looked over at Zaine. "I wouldn't worry about Denton. He likes to spend some of his time alone and somewhere quiet where he can rest. I'm sure he'll be fine." Longtail then felt a shiver run down his spine as he looked into the sky. "I... think today is going to be... special." he said at a whisper almost to himself.

Cyrix however continued to grin at Zaine as he replied, "Well if you and Longtail will follow me for a moment I'll show you what I was hiding."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Fang looked around and sniffed the air before looking back down in the whole. "I little peak couldn't hurt" h said and them began climbing down into the hole, his sharp claws making it easier to steadily climb down.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere scoffed "I am not a egg stealer, I eat fruit," Sneere corrected without even realizing he was contridicting what he was trying to do moments before.