The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon GO

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Oh hello! I didn't see you there. (ClichÈ much?)

so Pokemon GO comes out soon, because there isn't an exact release date, however will you get it once it gets out?

please let me know so i know if there are more Pokemon GO fans :)

Thanks for reading this!
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Looks like it's going to be free to download, so I'll probably get it :D

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So... anybody been playing yet? If so, what team?
TEAM INSTINCT for me!  :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm on that a lot. Such a barter drainer tho.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
I don't have it yet and plus I don't think I'm going too. Thats just me personally since I don't see a use for it. Plus with the software also draining the batteries on the phones. It really sucks and for me since I do a lot of work on my phone it wouldn't be good.

However I have seen it in action a lot and I can say its cool for the most part. So for the people who want to play it all I can is "More Power To Ya".

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's awesome it's a great work out walking all over the place I do enjoy it a lot my goal is to get to my first gym.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 10 2016 on  08:56 PM
TEAM INSTINCT for me!  :lol
Yep, im addicted walked about 15km couple days ago and im also Team Instinct (yellow)
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jul 11 2016 on  05:01 AM
TEAM INSTINCT for me!  :lol
Yep, im addicted walked about 15km couple days ago and im also Team Instinct (yellow)
Team Instinct, yeah!
And I might be a little addicted, too :lol I went on a run the other day just to hatch eggs :p
It actually isn't too hard on my phone battery, as long as I keep my screen brightness down. Plus I have unlimited data on my phone plan, so might as well put it to use :D

What's the coolest pokemon you've caught or evolved so far?

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 11 2016 on  09:31 AM
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jul 11 2016 on  05:01 AM
TEAM INSTINCT for me! :lol
Team Instinct, yeah!
And I might be a little addicted, too :lol I went on a run the other day just to hatch eggs :p
It actually isn't too hard on my phone battery, as long as I keep my screen brightness down. Plus I have unlimited data on my phone plan, so might as well put it to use :D

What's the coolest pokemon you've caught or evolved so far?
Hmm, i got multiple; Jolteon, Pidgeot, Hypno, Rhyhorn, Etc

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
Thanks to all of you amerifa*s, the servers are overloaded and no one else can play it. :p  Guess us germans, europeans in general, will have to wait a couple more weeks until it's at least available here.

However, to everyone playing the game, be careful, will ya? I've already read about some teenage lowlifes using the app to lure people into a trap and perform an armed robbery. Hurray to guns in America, but despite the country and jokes aside, don't get too distracted by it. ;)

Update:
I have managed to get the android APK through a quick google search, so I can enjoy the game as well now. Really is addicting as all hell, though the battery drain certainly is ridiculous. Tested it out on my HTC One M7, and my battery basically went from 80 to 70% in a matter of minutes. But apart from that, I can understand where the hype comes from.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Are we allowed to place pictures in here?

Because if so we can show our pokemon to eachother :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JulianR94,Jul 11 2016 on  01:47 PM
Thanks to all of you amerifa*s, the servers are overloaded and no one else can play it. :p  Guess us germans, europeans in general, will have to wait a couple more weeks until it's at least available here.

However, to everyone playing the game, be careful, will ya? I've already read about some teenage lowlifes using the app to lure people into a trap and perform an armed robbery. Hurray to guns in America, but despite the country and jokes aside, don't get too distracted by it. ;)

Update:
I have managed to get the android APK through a quick google search, so I can enjoy the game as well now. Really is addicting as all hell, though the battery drain certainly is ridiculous. Tested it out on my HTC One M7, and my battery basically went from 80 to 70% in a matter of minutes. But apart from that, I can understand where the hype comes from.
Ha, not completely surprised... the servers were terrible for us, too!  :lol I could only get on a couple of times over the past few days. They seem to be leveling out now though- they're only offline 20% of the time rather than 80%  :smile
We definitely wrecked them!

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 11 2016 on  11:49 PM
Quote from: JulianR94,Jul 11 2016 on  01:47 PM
Thanks to all of you amerifa*s, the servers are overloaded and no one else can play it. :p  Guess us germans, europeans in general, will have to wait a couple more weeks until it's at least available here.

Update:
Ha, not completely surprised... the servers were terrible for us, too!  :lol I could only get on a couple of times over the past few days. They seem to be leveling out now though- they're only offline 20% of the time rather than 80%  :smile
We definitely wrecked them!
Well, I don't know what they were expecting. Pokemon and VR? Seriously? That's one of the best ideas in a long time, and it works pretty nicely, too.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah so far I've been able to login with out a problem. But yeah it's amazing how popular this game is right now.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I don't know what they were expecting. Pokemon and VR? Seriously? That's one of the best ideas in a long time, and it works pretty nicely, too.

I know, right? It's probably the most anticipated phone game in the history of phone games! If it were me, I would look at the number of people who own a smartphone... and just plan for that amount of volume during opening week. Especially since the app is free  :lol

As far as pictures go, I think we can post them. It would probably be smart not to post anything that gives away the location of your home or work or that sort of thing, though :yes

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
In my honest opinion, it is nothing but over hyped BS. why travel around just to catch monsters you can get in a video game for mush less effort and no micro transactions.

I tried it, and it is glitchy, and unreliable. The Idea of physically going somewhere in the real world just to catch an AR monster on a app that only works some times, is preposterous.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, I blame my phone on me not being able to play the game. :(

You see, I don't have some of the best plans available (and probably not that great of a company to work with) to be constantly connected to the network unless I'm at a wifi hotspot.  I know that if I had a better plan, I'd be able to work with this.

I know this is a good game.  I can see that.  My phone just doesn't have what I need to get the best experience.

Maybe one day I can go with my own phone plan and get something good with it.  Until then, I can't play this game while I'm on my parents' plan.  Sorry, everyone! :(petrie

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In my honest opinion, it is nothing but over hyped BS. why travel around just to catch monsters you can get in a video game for mush less effort and no micro transactions.

I tried it, and it is glitchy, and unreliable. The Idea of physically going somewhere in the real world just to catch an AR monster on a app that only works some times, is preposterous.

Sorry you feel that way! For me the exploration, random nature of encounters, and team play aspect are big positive points of the game :smile True it's been super glitchy and the servers are unreliable, but it's already improved a lot in those areas since opening day.

Another thing I love is that if you do go out and walk around, the microtransactions become completely unnecessary. The only reason you would need to use them is if you want to play the game from home, or if you want to level faster than everyone else.

To be honest, I blame my phone on me not being able to play the game. :(

Sorry to hear it! I'm lucky enough to have a small-time provider here that offers unlimited data at very low rates, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to play, either.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 11 2016 on  08:02 PM
Sorry to hear it! I'm lucky enough to have a small-time provider here that offers unlimited data at very low rates, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to play, either.
Which provider do you have?  I'm looking into options for several different reasons.  Maybe, just maybe, I can afford getting off of my parents' plan.