The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Official Website of the RPG

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey everyone!

Action and I have been working on a site to keep track of the game! Mainly to do some advertising next to my Youtube videos and answer general questions.

Please pay a visit and join the email list! I'd love to see some activity on that site.

http://lbtrpg.webs.com/

I know it's a cheap site so far, but I guess it works :)

If you have any suggestions or notice any errors.. Please tell me. If you feel like commenting, use the guestbook! :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Me thinks you've done an awesome job on the site so far, Mumbling! :D  Sure, come check it out, everyone...and if you have any ideas for how to improve the site, feel free to let us know!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'd definitely choose another theme.  I've always disliked that theme no matter what I do with it.  The problem is most of Freewebs' themes aren't very good.  I'd recommend making a custom website using a pre-made template.  So long as you can code in HTML and CSS (I believe Action is capable of this) you can make just about anything.

Choosing a .co.cc domain name might help too.  Oh, and doesn't Freewebs allow you to add custom CSS to your template?  If so you might be able to make a better design without having to switch hosts.

You might be able to make this website work.  What you need is a unifying theme.  You've got blue, white, green, and brown.  Choose one and work with it.  They don't mix together very well.  Customize the CSS and change the background to something that fits better and you'll have a website that flows together.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can do some HTML but I've never tried or seen CSS.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can do some HTML but I've never tried or seen CSS.

The only difference between them is everything is more organized and applies to everything on the page.  For example, if you say .h1{font-size:14px; color:blue;}, all Heading 1 tags will have a font size of 14 pixels and will be blue in color.  It's pretty easy to read and edit CSS.  The only thing you have to get used to is it's in a different file from the .html document and is linked to in the .html web page.  You'll figure it out really quick.  It's not hard to learn like HTML was.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would love to make my own template lbtl but I never tried or know anything from CSS at all.. Webs does support it however. Maybe you could help us out ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's really just trial and error if you don't know CSS.  Just go and change each element that has the color:###### attribute to say red and save it.  Then see what element it affected.  If it affected the element you wanted it to (say the side links) then just go back and change it to a color you'd actually like.  It's not like you're gonna have to move things around or anything.  Just simple color adjustments.  I'm sure you can handle it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I fear that just changing the colours wont make the template any prettier... It's kind of limited. The only thing I can change is the colour of the background(where the grass image is now). I'd need more of a CSS code to actually change the menu and stuff like that...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Edit the CSS style sheet.  I think you do it by saying to "add" a custom style sheet.  I'm not sure.  It's been awhile.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 11 2009 on  06:38 PM
Edit the CSS style sheet.  I think you do it by saying to "add" a custom style sheet.  I'm not sure.  It's been awhile.
Tried, failed. The only thing I was able to change was the colour of the font in the navbar.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would like everyone to check this page out:

http://lbtrpg.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Please check if your name is on it, if I wrote down everything you've done.... Then please fill in the sections which are empty (about me in all cases, names in some cases) by posting it over here.

Did I miss you? Please say so.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm on the list! Wow!

For about me: I'm a college student, currently attending UCSB.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay! I'm also on the list. I might come up with something for the "about me", but it will have to wait, cause its late and i'll be going to bed. Anyways, loving the site so far! Hopefully with this site and the youtube videos, we will get a strong support base going for the game.

On a side note, i love the FAQ "Can you help us with... fill in randomness about other games here. (E.g. 'Can you help us to make Spore Multiplayer')"  :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 12 2009 on  10:03 AM
Yay! I'm also on the list. I might come up with something for the "about me", but it will have to wait, cause its late and i'll be going to bed. Anyways, loving the site so far! Hopefully with this site and the youtube videos, we will get a strong support base going for the game.

On a side note, i love the FAQ "Can you help us with... fill in randomness about other games here. (E.g. 'Can you help us to make Spore Multiplayer')"  :lol
Okay sure!

About the FAQ.... Let's say I didn't know a better way to write that down :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 12 2009 on  11:49 AM
Someone asked you that on Youtube, didn't they?
Yes they did. It is where most FAQ questions come from.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
For some reason it won't allow me to join the mailing list. It gives me the "please-enter-a-valid-email-address" message instead. :unsure:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh.. I don't know. It's a service of webs itself.

What email address are you trying to enter, your normal one? I could try it for you if you want.