The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do you expect for Next Gen?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, E3 is just around the corner and we all know Nintendo will be unveiling their new console there. (And if you didn't know about that, well now you do.) With that, we now know that this generation of consoles is coming to a close and will only last 2 years at most. (Sony might try to push out longer for their PS3, but at this point, it is questionable now.) So of course we have some new stuff to look forward to.

With that said, what do you guys expect to come from the next generation of consoles?

Also, who do you predetermine will win the upcoming console war?

As for me, I'm rooting for Nintendo yet again.  I'm a fanboy to the end. :D However, that won't stop me from giving the others a try. :^.^:

On top of that, I hope Sony doesn't have a ridiculous launch price, because that's what kept me off the PS3 for so long. (That and there hasn't been any games that interest me really.)

That's all I'll say on the matter and leave it at that. :)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Like you, I'll see what all of the companies have to offer. I really am not a fan of one specific thing.

I like the Wii over the PS3 yes, but I like the PS1 and PS2 more than the N64 and Gamecube.

And I wouldn't count Sony out quite yet. I mean, looking back, everyone was counting Nintendo out after the Gamecube and they turned that around, Sony could do the same thing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm hoping to see a pS4 in the next few years. as for E# i'm looking forweard tio the new Batman and Ratchet and Clank games..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Apparently, Sony and Microsoft don't have anything new to announce in terms of new hardware at this E3 and don't plan to for a while now. I wouldn't say that this gen of consoles is closing just yet just because one leading manufacturer is bring out a new console and the others aren't. If anything, in terms of of hardware, the Wii is behind the game and should be catching up but still it has managed to hold it's own and supply a steady stream of games of it's own merits to keep it up with the competition.

To be honesty, I'm not too fussed about next gen consoles just yet. I reckon there is still plenty to be had for this current generation to be speculating what should be coming. I'm interested in what this Project Cafe is all about but I wouldn't go as far to say that a new gen of console is dawning. Not just yet.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Of course they don't. They spent too much money on the the Kenect or whatever it's called and the Move. Only Nintendo didn't have to try for all their worth to catch up, so they're pushing ahead and will remain ahead the next time around. All is well in the gaming as far as this Nintendo fan is concerned.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, I would argue that that depends. If the Wii 2 (or Project Cafe) is basically (and this is pure hypothetical, I'm not trying to piss you off WR) ends up being just a Wii with better graphics, people might begin to say "the gimmick's been done" and even if Nintendo keeps it's lead, I doubt it'll be as large as their current lead.

But nevertheless, I am interested in the Wii 2, as I heard that could be the console for Kingdom Hearts 3.

And, just a little point I want to make: WR, I'm not trying to bash Nintendo or call you wrong. So, in turn, I don't want to be criticized for thinking that Nintendo's lead my possibly change.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well it depends imo, on what games are released, you have to figure they will be mario and mario Kart for Wii2, they seem to be prerequisites. as a gamer who likes both Sony 9For the Ratchet and clank Series) and Nintendo, for mario , Mario Kart and Star Fox) I am really looking forward to the next generation. Since I am not one who favors one console over the others, it makes little difference to me, what each company puts out. the move is more or less an answer to a Wii..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I myself personally don't get why people devote themselves to one specific company. I think you should just buy the consoles that you think have the best looking games. And if all those consoles happen to be from the same company, than that's just that. Just enjoy the games for the sake of enjoying them.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I hear you brekclub but I'd also say "each to their own". Some people feel more comfortable sticking to one side of a debate rather than spread themselves over the different arguments. Whilst there is nothing wrong with wanting to stick to one of the three console giants, where things start to backfire and become detrimental is when you have console warring and extremism whereby one side blindfires the others with prejudices. I'm not suggesting that guys and girls on here do that (especially since it is one of the rules outlined for this section of the forum!) but there are those out there who will outright blast other consoles for some of the pettiest reasons.

I'll agree with you brekclub that if the games are right for you then surely it shouldn't matter what console you play it on. I guess where the differentiation lies is now moreso on the additional extras you get with your console, i.e. new hardware, exclusive titles, online support and services.