The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Japanese Land Before Time

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
tomorrow i have even more Japanese DVDs coming in, bringing the collection to 6! refer here for previous movies/songs =http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=16070

the films i have coming in tomorrow are Journey Through the Mists, Secret of Saurus Rock and Stone of Cold Fire! i personally can't wait to hear how they rendition Beyond the Mysterious Beyond, probably my all time favourite song next to If We Hold On Together. also curious to hear On Your Own. the next films i probably wanna hunt down after this are Great Valley Adventure and The Big Freeze (i REALLY wanna hear Matsumoto sing The Mad Song lmao)

stay tuned in this thread for upcoming links and downloads and maybe i'll post my thoughts on the dubs as well as a sorta movie review, note that i don't actually speak Japanese but maybe understand? 5% at least haha, it's a work in progress though! part of my family extends to Japan so it would be cool to have the language under my belt. feel free to ask any questions you may have also

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hi there.

Just wanna say thanks for giving those links to the Japanese versions of those LBT  songs. I've been very keen to hear LBT in Japanese and so far till now I had only found the songs from the 2nd movie in Japanese.

The main reason I'm keen to hear it in Japanese is you'll as you most likely already know is a lot of the pokemon voice cast worked on the LBT dubs in japan . E.G.Cera (my favourite character) is voiced by Ash or in this case Satoshi's VA. And Ducky share's Togepi's VA, Chomper Pikachu's and Littlefoot Richie's (I don't know his Japanese name)
Yeah I'm also a pokemon fan too.

I'm real glad to hear your going to get LBT 4 in Japanese as that's my top favourite LBT Movie , and I'd love to hear it takes all sorts my top favourite LBT song in Japanese, as well as hear what Ali sounds like. I hear Ali's Japanese VA also voiced a character called Cynthia
 from the DP era of pokemon.

Though I don't think I'll be checking out the LBT 6 songs, as LBT 6 is my least favourite in the whole franchise. I know many fans say 13 is the worst but I haven't seen it.

And I don't fancy hearing the mad song in Japanese either, as I hate that song too.

Anyway thanks for again for getting and sharing these Japanese dubs

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
dang whoops, sorry for the delay but things are moving along finally, things that got in the way of ripping the DVDs are:

forgetting that it was saturday and thus sunday there was no mail... haha
being really busy (and depressed howdy doody)
having trouble with one of the DVDs not playing happily but after making a copy of it got it to work

anyways i should be back on track and the song rips will come in a few hours. i've watched Journey Through the Mists and while i might be biased, as it is my least favourite of the films (still fun though!) the songs so far are kinda? weird? maybe 'cause the majority are not sung by the main cast (you'll either love or hate Dil's dub voice) but they're interesting in their own way

I hear Ali's Japanese VA also voiced a character called Cynthia
that's actually super interesting Dalekdino! i wouldn't be able to confirm it since the DVD boxes only display the voice actors for Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie and Ducky. i'm not actually sure where all that information on extra voice actors comes from? Chomper certainly sounds like Otani Ikue is voicing though.

next DVD on the way is Journey of the Brave btw, and i don't know if movies 12 or 13 got releases in Japan? can't find any trace of them anywhere, that's a shame.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: ChaoticPochi,Aug 8 2017 on  08:36 PM
dang whoops, sorry for the delay but things are moving along finally, things that got in the way of ripping the DVDs are:

forgetting that it was saturday and thus sunday there was no mail... haha
being really busy (and depressed howdy doody)
having trouble with one of the DVDs not playing happily but after making a copy of it got it to work

anyways i should be back on track and the song rips will come in a few hours. i've watched Journey Through the Mists and while i might be biased, as it is my least favourite of the films (still fun though!) the songs so far are kinda? weird? maybe 'cause the majority are not sung by the main cast (you'll either love or hate Dil's dub voice) but they're interesting in their own way

I hear Ali's Japanese VA also voiced a character called Cynthia
that's actually super interesting Dalekdino! i wouldn't be able to confirm it since the DVD boxes only display the voice actors for Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie and Ducky. i'm not actually sure where all that information on extra voice actors comes from? Chomper certainly sounds like Otani Ikue is voicing though.

next DVD on the way is Journey of the Brave btw, and i don't know if movies 12 or 13 got releases in Japan? can't find any trace of them anywhere, that's a shame.
Ah great to know more Japanese dub songs will be up soon.. ah kinda ironic and Shane that the 4th movie is your least favourite sequel while its my top favourite. It was the last one I properly enjoyed and have little to no problems with it, and the franchise went down hill for me personally after that movie onwards.
As I said before the 6th movie is my personal least favourite in the franchise.
Anyway as far as I know all the movies were dubbed in Japan. I found out about the Japanese dub cast on a website called behind the voice actor.

Hmm don't think I fancy listening to the journey of the brave songs .. well not hot and stinky anyway. Or hot and sh**Ty as o like to call it I hate that song.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
tada! here are the new song rips, placed appropriately in the playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLecZ...dYebBmh3v6mIHVH

that's: Grandma's Lullaby, Who Needs You?, It Takes All Sorts, The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur, Bad Luck, On Your Own, Beyond the Mysterious Beyond (plus i attached the reprise), Good Inside and Very Important Creature! view and judge them as you like/wish.

also yeah Dalekdino, while i do probably list IV at the bottom of my sequel ranking that doesn't mean i dislike it! i personally don't have the heart to hate any of the films, even XIII. also i just saw your comment on Youtube, it seems starting from the 5th movie onward there was a lot more parts in which simple grunts/woahs/screams/ect are just the English audio. it's a common thing in dubbed movies though, you're lucky to get full voiceover's usually.

in just a little bit i'll have a download link up for the new videos too

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95gkbte6z5lgd2p/...bEfZRQ4i6a?dl=0 here is the download link again with the previous songs still in there, might have to switch to something like MEGA to upload another batch again though 'cause i don't have the money for Dropbox Plus right now :')

another thing, i was certain sites like Behind the Voice Actor's rely on fan/user submissions, and i think it does have the chance to be inaccurate. so i just wonder where the source of their information is from.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
quick update: got Journey of the Brave and unfortunately (or fortunately?) the songs are not dubbed. and the voice actors from the previous films didn't returnhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGySkcgVwAAHaAO.jpg (so no Matsumoto, Takayama, Korogi, Chomper has a different voice too. though i wouldn't be able to compare Chomper or Ruby to their tv series voices either, since i don't know the dub cast nor do i think there are DVDs for tv series dub?

this is to be expected since the previous voice actors are probably too busy with life or other work to return to their roles after such a long break (and again, i'm not entirely sure if the 12th or 13th movies have dubs, need to keep looking)

Petrie has a very feminine voice though! so that's something

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I knew it had to be someone from TGOG uploading those LBT Japanese songs on YouTube :D

Just wanted to say thanks ChaoticPochi, I've even shared my blog and a few LBT IV videos of the songs in European Portuguese. Hope you find the time to enjoy them as much as I've been enjoying yours

Found them just by chance after watching a video of Japanese dubs of american shows, it got me thinking that there should've been japanese dubs for The Land Before Time.

It was an awesome coincidence to find your channel at the same time.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

VintageRainbow

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Awesome! I decided to see what they would sound like in japanese just out of curiosity and the character's voices were pretty spot on   :p

Big water was my favorite song so that was a real treat for me to hear again  ;)

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
heyo so, my quest to find affordable Japanese Land Before Time DVDs hasn't ended yet! (at least for now, i feel as though i'm on a roll but i really did get lucky with those first 6 movies!)

up next i got coming in hopefully are Great Valley Adventure (so i'll have the sequel collection complete 2 through to 7 at least!) and as an extra, the original Land Before Time.

at first i was disinterested in looking for the first movie since it's available in parts on nicovideo (linked that a while ago), and according to the TLBT wiki the first movie had a different voice cast than the sequels, except i think what i found here is a 2014 rerelease/redub:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima...51WNKK24AJL.jpg

searching for the original release of the movie mainly directs you to the popularity of Diana Ross' If We Hold On Together (rightfully so! that song was majorly high in the charts in Japan way back when) but this image:http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/pics/game/928050209.jpg seems to be the original dub's cover art

this 2014 release DVD actually lists the cast i'm more familiar with in the sequels, Matsumoto, Korogi, ect. so i'm only speculating that there now exists two Japanese dubs for the first Land Before Time? maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right. either way, if i get to watch a film i love with the voice actors i love i'll be happy, i'll probably also see if i can compare it to the original dub.

so yeah! hopefully i get those Great Valley Adventure songs uploaded too and i'll continue my search/collection, it's actually pretty tricky to find these films for sale and for a decent price at that matter..... i'm not made of money unfortunately :')

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's a great project ChaoticPochi, I thought you were Japanese and uploading those videos from your private collection. If you're importing them it does make it a bit expensive.

Good luck on finding the rest of the DVDs, you're doing an excellent job.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
finally got the two DVD's today, that took a while haha. excited to hear this apparent new dub of the first film and how they renditioned Peaceful Valley, another fave song. Great Valley Adventure song uploads coming soon (in about 10-ish hours)!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ah so there are two dubs of the first movie then.  Someone already uploaded lbt 2 songs on YouTube. Be still be be good to hear them again in better quality. And hopefully hear how Pikachus CA dose chompers baby noises.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLecZ...dYebBmh3v6mIHVH buuump

also yeah Dalekdino! i swear i've heard the 2nd movie's songs on YouTube quite a long time ago but haven't seen those videos in a while, i wonder if they're gone.

aaand unfortunately, from my experience Chomper was completely undubbed in Great Valley Adventure, not a single peep from Otani so i wonder where that false information came from. possibly somebody putting 2 and 2 together and assuming since Chomper was dubbed in the 5th film, they might've had the same treatment here but, it seems not so.

edit: forgot to post the updated video download link too whoopshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/95gkbte6z5lgd2p/...bEfZRQ4i6a?dl=0

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: ChaoticPochi,Aug 30 2017 on  11:19 AM
aaand unfortunately, from my experience Chomper was completely undubbed in Great Valley Adventure, not a single peep from Otani so i wonder where that false information came from. possibly somebody putting 2 and 2 together and assuming since Chomper was dubbed in the 5th film, they might've had the same treatment here but, it seems not so.
Wait, so Pikachu's voice actor never voiced Chomper?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2088...07466/image.jpg the information on the DVD boxes i have are the only comformation i have for each film, and they are always only Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and Petrie. there's no credits included in the footage either.

i wouldn't be able to 100% say Otani Ikue actually voices Chomper (in the 5th film), or if Sailor King voiced Spike (Spike's one line in Journey Through the Mists was not dubbed over, btw) but going by ear i say, maybe? i guess? i wish my langauge skills were better and i could dig more myself but i'm also trying to make sure i dont spread false information

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: ChaoticPochi,Aug 30 2017 on  03:19 PM

also yeah Dalekdino! i swear i've heard the 2nd movie's songs on YouTube quite a long time ago but haven't seen those videos in a while, i wonder if they're gone.

edit: forgot to post the updated video download link too whoopshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/95gkbte6z5lgd2p/...bEfZRQ4i6a?dl=0
Ah. Well I think what you meant to say was they just keep Chomper s original English audio baby noises done by Rob Paulsen.
Kind of disappointing that pikachus VA didn't voice Chomper in the second movie after all.. but still at least they didn't remove his voice track all together and make him completely mute.
Plus they seem to do the same with Spike which I can understand as what's the point of dubbing a character who just grunts and doesn't actually speak any proper words. 90% of the time

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you again for uploading these! I really liked the songs from the Great Valley Adventure and I appreciate that you've done your best to get the Japanese dubs. They are easily the best foreign versions of the songs I've heard and I especially like the songs from the second and fifth films!  ^^spike

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Quote from: Dalekdino,Aug 30 2017 on  03:19 PM
Quote from: ChaoticPochi,Aug 30 2017 on  03:19 PM

Ah. Well I think what you meant to say was they just keep Chomper s original English audio baby noises done by Rob Paulsen.
Kind of disappointing that pikachus VA didn't voice Chomper in the second movie after all.. but still at least they didn't remove his voice track all together and make him completely mute.
Plus they seem to do the same with Spike which I can understand as what's the point of dubbing a character who just grunts and doesn't actually speak any proper words. 90% of the time
Dalekdino don't forget that Spike speaks clearly in Journey through the mist ;)

Thanks again ChaoticPochi! These are some of my favourite songs and they sound great in Japanese.

If there is interest from you guys I can upload the brazilian and portuguese versions of LBT songs to YouTube.

Sadly, only the original, III and IV were ever dubbed in european portuguese, but I've managed to own a copy of IV.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: NewOrder,Aug 31 2017 on  11:53 PM

Dalekdino don't forget that Spike speaks clearly in Journey through the mist ;)

Yes I know, I did say  Spike dosent talk 90% of the time. Not 100% all together