The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Basic Training

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I apologize for my absence everyone. I've been preparing myself for military life. Yes, that's right. I've been sworn into the United States Army.

No, I'm not going to be infantry.
Yes, I might have to go overseas to a certain place that has become taboo to talk about in such situations on other parts of the net.

I'll be reporting for basic training on the 28th of this month. Nine weeks will I spend in Missouri, and then Twenty-eight weeks of Career Skill training at an Air Force Base, and then three years of wherever it is that they will post me.

So, unfortunately, I must take a premature leave of you, my fellow GoF Members.

I will think about you when I'm on my belly in Basic, and when I'm training at the Air Force Base, and all during my three years.

I will try my best to pop on and say "Hi" if and when I can, but this will probably be the last you'll see from me for a long time.

I am very glad to have discovered you GoF, and it is now, sadly, that I must say Adieu.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Good luck with your career and I hope you'll be very happy with the decision you made, I bet it had to be a most important one, so I hope you'll be very happy.
 I think I speak for everyone when I say that we will look forward to your next post so we can know how are you doing.
 Good luck and see you soon!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It's good for you that you've taken up the responsibility of assisting our country.  It's because of people like you that we stay safe. :yes Good luck, and hopefully you'll be able to get on every once and a while.  If you have a laptop, you can get a verizon wireless card and go on the net anywhere.  That might be helpful

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck, We'll miss you and we hope you are able to come and visit now and then.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This is a very difficult situation.
Is it certain that you will be sent to Iraq?
We mustn't allow anyone to make the topic a taboo! Who wants it to be a taboo for which reasons?

Be careful! Don't let yourself be scarred physically or psychologically or worse. I hope the very best for you and especially that you won't come into situations in which you are required to act against your conscience. I am sure that everyone in the GOF will be worried about you. You may not have many chances to drop a line or two in the GOF, but whenever you do it would be a great relief to know about how you are. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I hope you enjoy this life-changing choice you have made, and whatever happens, you stay safe, and try to stay happy in what you do. :) :)  Good luck!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wish you luck in your career. I'm planning on joining the AirForce as a pilot.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 10 2008 on  09:18 AM
We mustn't allow anyone to make the topic a taboo! Who wants it to be a taboo for which reasons?

Well, it just seems like people don't want to talk/think about it to me.  But as far as going over there being set in stone? No. The Army is simply under an any-time-necessary worldwide deployment rule. So, when my twenty-eight weeks in Texas are over I could end up anywhere in the world for my first work post. Germany, Puerto Rico, Korea, Japan, Belgium, or even Italy to name a few places. But, like I said, it just depends on where they need me, so I have an equal chance of going state-side as I do going overseas. Though honestly, I hope I do end up overseas... Italy would be quite a nice place to visit. Heck, I'd love to travel to any of those places, just to say I have. I'll be as safe as I can though. Thanks guys.   :^.^:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Good luck with your career. I am sure every one here will miss you. :( .

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: arrogantrex,Feb 10 2008 on  04:47 PM
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 10 2008 on  09:18 AM

Well, it just seems like people don't want to talk/think about it to me.  But as far as going over there being set in stone? No. The Army is simply under an any-time-necessary worldwide deployment rule. So, when my twenty-eight weeks in Texas are over I could end up anywhere in the world for my first work post. Germany, Puerto Rico, Korea, Japan, Belgium, or even Italy to name a few places. But, like I said, it just depends on where they need me, so I have an equal chance of going state-side as I do going overseas. Though honestly, I hope I do end up overseas... Italy would be quite a nice place to visit. Heck, I'd love to travel to any of those places, just to say I have. I'll be as safe as I can though. Thanks guys.   :^.^:
mate there's like a 70% change your going straight to the middle east, just keep your head down man or your a dead man

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully, you won't be away for long.

When elections come around, the new president will hopefully have a massive troop migration back to the US.

That is if the president is either Clinton or Obama.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Good luck in There-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named. To be honest, you're the first person I've 'known' who is going there to serve, and so when I think of the troops over there, you'll be the allegory that represents the whole cause over there, for me, at least.

By the way, you've made 150 posts, and can now change your member title. You should put "Defender of Democracy," or something.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sayonara, Arrogentrex.  I wish you the best of luck, and I thank you for defending our freedoms, my friend.  I hope you can still return occasionally.  
Be safe,
Starfall.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
A noble cause to defend your country arrogantrex! I wish you all the best with your military career. Keep yourself safe dude and I hope you achieve what you hope to accomplish. In your time spent here, I hope you've enjoyed it but this is not an official goodbye! It should go without saying that you're more than welcome to return and let us in on your progress. It'll be great to hear from you! ;)

All the best matey! *salutes*  ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure you'll be able to visit from time to time when you have time.