The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Trek VS Star Wars

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If start trek invaded the star wars universe who would win?

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'd have to say Star Wars. Massively outnumbered, the Trek universe is, though they do have a technological advantage.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Dark Patriot,Jun 16 2008 on  10:20 PM
I'd have to say Star Wars. Massively outnumbered, the Trek universe is, though they do have a technological advantage.
Yeah the second death star could pwn every ship in star fleet.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Then again, ST seems to have better weapons ranges...Though, yeah, anything that tried to get close to a Death Star would be vaporised. However, the fire delay on that thing would be rather hard to manage.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm a Trekkie myself, but I'd to say that nothing in Star Trek (except maybe massive amounts of Borg) could defeat the Force.

there's a really good Youtube video showing one possible scenario, though here it seems the Empire is the one invading:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4 If you go back though the comments, there's this same debate going on, as it's been for the last three years on this video.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
In the Star Wars universe, they have had space travel for thousands of years.   The same can't be said for Star Trek.  I think Boba Fett alone could pwn the Enterprise.  Plus Darth Vader could strangle the entire deck crew with one glance.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, actually, Data would probably survive a Force strangle. But I don't see what he's gonna do all on his own.

Just one question: If vader could do something like that, why didn't he ever do it in the movies? Why didn't he just Force-choke every Rebel pilot who flew in range?

Also, your arguement about Star Wars having space travel much longer: that doesn't neccesarily make it better. The reason America thrived over other nations was because it started off further ahead than Britain and France were when they started off. In France and Britain's beginnings, there was little but swords, stone, and castles: America, starting off with cotton gins and guns, quickly outscoped them. China, who's newest form of government got to start off with cell phones and space travel, is slowly outshining the United States.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If he had done that then the movies would have been shorter then they were.  

Overall the star wars people seem to have greater power with the jedi and sith added in, though depending on the era things could be different.  If during the original movies there are only 4 known force users.  If set in the old republic era there are many jedi and the sith have their own empire.  After the 6th movie there eventually will be more jedi and I don't know how many sith / dark jedi.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Are you kidding me?  Star Trek would definitely win.  In star wars, their shields are so weak that they don't even bother to mention percentages before they just die outright.  :rolleyes: Besides, if you've looked at the intro to star wars it says:  "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away".  My guess is that in star wars they just use primitive things such as standard lasers, which have no effect on the shields from star trek.  Before you go ranting about the death star, a primitive laser can destroy a planet if it's strong enough, but that doesn't mean that it is capable of going through multi-phasic shielding, which is more than standard on most star fleet vessels.  I have personally seen EVERY SINGLE star trek and star wars movie/episode (excluding DS9 because it really sucked.  All they do is sit on a space station -_- ).  A shield is formed using many CO2N3 molecules, stretching them around a central axis and charging them with a certain amount of power, depending on how powerful you want the shield in question to be.  In star wars, the charge operates on a single frequency that is in the MHZ range.  In star trek, they operate on a multitude of frequencies, all of which are in the THZ range.  This makes their shielding impervious to laser fire, whereas the shields in star wars are not.  This leads me to conclude that most of the weapons used in star wars are simple lasers.  To be honest, the death star probably only has around 5 times the mass of the Enterprise in TNG.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Star Wars  :rolleyes: . That's a lot more interesting to be, plus they have....

DA FORCE!

Ohh, maxi big, 'da force  :P:  !

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 17 2008 on  05:26 PM
Are you kidding me?  Star Trek would definitely win.  In star wars, their shields are so weak that they don't even bother to mention percentages before they just die outright.  :rolleyes: Besides, if you've looked at the intro to star wars it says:  "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away".  My guess is that in star wars they just use primitive things such as standard lasers, which have no effect on the shields from star trek.  Before you go ranting about the death star, a primitive laser can destroy a planet if it's strong enough, but that doesn't mean that it is capable of going through multi-phasic shielding, which is more than standard on most star fleet vessels.  I have personally seen EVERY SINGLE star trek and star wars movie/episode (excluding DS9 because it really sucked.  All they do is sit on a space station -_- ).  A shield is formed using many CO2N3 molecules, stretching them around a central axis and charging them with a certain amount of power, depending on how powerful you want the shield in question to be.  In star wars, the charge operates on a single frequency that is in the MHZ range.  In star trek, they operate on a multitude of frequencies, all of which are in the THZ range.  This makes their shielding impervious to laser fire, whereas the shields in star wars are not.  This leads me to conclude that most of the weapons used in star wars are simple lasers.  To be honest, the death star probably only has around 5 times the mass of the Enterprise in TNG.
Uhh the Borg use lasers and they were able to destroy vessels with the same type of shielding. plus the force is a great thing to have on your side.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok guys, they already solved this. It was tough, but using power and energy outputs from The Essential Cross-sections:Episode II, and estimations of a turbolaser shot's power from a scene in the Empire strikes back, they finally found the answer.

Star Wars wins, hands down.

In addition to being vastly outnumbered, the power levels of a Star Wars starfighter's energy generator and sheid generator are far greater than most ST vessels that are vastly more immense than said starfighter. The energy output only increases with the size of the ship. Furthermore, even in the 24-th century, a Federation starship such as the Enterprise E could survive, at best, about five turbolaser shots before their shields collapsed.

Another example of SW superiority is the overexaggerated use of the transporter in a fictional SW-ST battle. The transporter can only beam soldiers over when the shields are sown, and due to the apparent ineffectiveness of ST weapons on the more powerful shields of SW ships, I doubt it would be that useful.

Now I know Trekkies out there are still unbelieving, but what I think everyone should learn from this is that they are two different universes that were never meant to coexist, and certainly not meant to fight each other.

Oh yeah, and to the guy who said DS9 sucks, I believe that it would be the most-equipped series to ever fight a faction from Star Wars, if the fight ever occured.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Star wars totally.  Trek is ournumbered, Vader could kick Kirk's butt, and Boba Fett would disintegrate everyone else.  Plus Chuck Norris would be on Star Wars's side.  Phasers wouldn't work either because NOTHING phases Chuck Norris.  However, I've noticed the newer Star Wars books have become more Trekish.  the Yuuzan Vong are a complete ripoff of the Borg and the Jedi don't kick enough @$$.   That is why I hated the New Jedi Order series and every series after it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: jedi472,Jun 17 2008 on  07:48 PM
In addition to being vastly outnumbered, the power levels of a Star Wars starfighter's energy generator and sheid generator are far greater than most ST vessels that are vastly more immense than said starfighter. The energy output only increases with the size of the ship. Furthermore, even in the 24-th century, a Federation starship such as the Enterprise E could survive, at best, about five turbolaser shots before their shields collapsed.

Another example of SW superiority is the overexaggerated use of the transporter in a fictional SW-ST battle. The transporter can only beam soldiers over when the shields are sown, and due to the apparent ineffectiveness of ST weapons on the more powerful shields of SW ships, I doubt it would be that useful.
About energy: Yeah, I remember reading that, too. Did your site compare a battle between the Slave I and the Enterprise-D? Mine did, and I can't find out what I googled to get that site. It's was really well thought out.

About transporters: There's also the fact that transporters work correctly only  about half the time. And battles/climaxes/rescue missions are generally about the time that they choose to short out on us. If they were more reliable, I coudl picture them as a serious bonus for the Star Trek side. But anything that beams the away team into nonexistance half the time is not much help.

Uhh the Borg use lasers and they were able to destroy vessels with the same type of shielding

Quite right, and since the Borg are from Star Trek, those "vessels" you speak of would be the Star Wars fleets.

Plus Chuck Norris would be on Star Wars's side

That's not fair! Fine, then we get Samus Aran. Bring it!

Not affiliated with any quote: The one thing Star Trek has against Star Wars is it's benefit of being five TV series, as opposed to Star Wars being a movie hexology. Movie timelines as a rule are connected, and follow a single storyline. A TV series by nature is composed of numerous stand alone episodes. As a result, Star Trek has an almost exponentially larger background to choose from. Also, many, many episodes involve enemies with the capabilities of eliminating entire races with just their minds (Q and Trelane are examples of such). Q alone could merely remove all existance of Star Wars having ever existed. Since it is a movie series, Star Wars could not afford to allow such deus ex machinas to exist. While usage of such characters would be quite a copout by the Star Trek universe, it is still an obvious solution to the problem of overall inferiority.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The problem with the transporters is Gene made them to quickly get the cast to the scene where the plot would happen, but the drawback is if you want to have some tension and not have the cast able to just transport to safety you 'have' to have it break down.  The same with space battles and other things. If it were me I"d have not used that but used another system.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison...rison_large.png As you can see SW ships are far larger than ST ships so SW ships have more fire power and are larger and ST ships are smaller.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You didn't answer my question. How would Star Wars compensate for Q erasing their very existence?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile