The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Redoing Sleep and Remember

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I'm glad that so many people are taking interest in this RP, however I would like to set a limit of about five players though, because if more than that join, it becomes difficult to keep up with whose turn it is.  On top of that, the more people join, the higher the chanced that someone will stop posting and hold the RP up.  I have seen both things happen time and time again.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, does that mean I'm in or out?

Cause I for one, do try my best to keep up with RPs.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you are only allowing 5 players which 5 are allowed to be in the rp?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I tell you what. Let's do it like this.  If you have already posted in this topic and are interested in the RP then you're fine.  

So here is who we have.
MrDrake
Kor
Starfall
Me
General Grievous
GVG

That makes six.  

If Pangaea decided to join then that will make seven but that is the most I am willing to allow.  It gets bogged down and confusing when there are too many characters.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe awesome.  I don't have many LBT characters anyway.  I only have three and for this RP, I would rather use Skye myself....especially since it's based upon the first movie.

So yeah, would give off a good background for her, I mean, I do have one....just a way to play it out ^^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So how many characters should re restrict ourselves to?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter to me, as I'm just going to stick with Skye, my other two wont really fit into this sort of one.

Besides, saves me using too many characters in this one :lol:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I was planning to use three characters, two of whom I designed specifically for this RP, the other being the one I created for another purpose; the one I am extremely reluctant to use before a certain (indefinite, though hopefully near) point in time.

How long before you were planning to start this RP? :unsure:

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I will probably post it tomorrow morning or afternoon.   It is going to be called Wayfaring Strangers.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a question or two about this at the moment, just on the starting point.

As it is meant to be set in the first movie, one's characters can start anywhere right?  Just so I know.

Also, I am just curious on this, why was the first one called "Sleep and Remember?" was it just something to do with the characters dreaming and acting out their dreams sort of thing?

But yeah, I shall be able to post tomorrow for starters ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Jun 18 2010 on  02:42 AM
I have a question or two about this at the moment, just on the starting point.

As it is meant to be set in the first movie, one's characters can start anywhere right?  Just so I know.

Also, I am just curious on this, why was the first one called "Sleep and Remember?" was it just something to do with the characters dreaming and acting out their dreams sort of thing?

But yeah, I shall be able to post tomorrow for starters ;)
To answer the first question, yes.  It does not matter where you start out.

As for the second question, I have no idea why it was called that.  It was not my RP and the original creator has not been on this site in months.  Me, GVG, Grievous, and Starfall just kinda took over after the original players stopped posting.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I understand it correctly, MrDrake, the RP takes place at the same time as the first LBT, shortly before the Great Earthshake. The characters are all dinosaurs traveling to the Great Valley, under similar circumstances to what the gang of five encountered. The gang themselves do not appear, and as far as I know, neither does the main herd of traveling leafeaters (including the gang’s families, Pterano, and other background characters who appear in the series) that forms after the earthshake. So it’s pretty much all OCs, many of whom, I believe, start out far apart from one another, but are separated from their families (or even leave them voluntarily), and eventually end up meeting each other.

Is that about right, F-14? Anything else you would add?

Also, after you start the RP, how long do you estimate it will be before you have the earthshake strike?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, I had a feeling that no cannon characters would appear, as in, the gang, Chomper, etc, etc.

And it's before the Great Earthshake, now that's actually a good thing for me, gives Skye even more of a backstory, well, in a way anyway, I mean, it's already known from me with what happens with her and what have you, but it's still a good way to play it all out, I do like the idea even more now :lol:

I take it, with what Pangaea had just said, that would would be the one that says when the Great Earthshake happens F-14?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that's pretty much it.  As for the quake, I'm not sure.  it should be pretty early on though.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I imagine it would depend on how soon everyone else was ready, but are you thinking hours, a day, a couple of days?

EDIT: I mean the time (real-world, not RP-world) it's estimated to take after the RP gets started to reach the point when the earthshake occurs.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hope it's soon.  It'll be good to get more of Dante...probably a lot more of Arius, too.  
Also, will there be any persistent sharpteeth like Shriek in S&R?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder which of my characters would fit into the rp.  I can prove links to where I have info on the characters of Mim, Mia, Diver, Deon, and Rhyn, if wanted.  Just curious which ones may fit into the rp best.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good question about the Sharpteeth one, I too wonder if there would be any persistant ones or not in this one.

As for when the Earthshake happens, I would imagine, maybe, a day or so real-time?

But yeah, I'm ready to start anyway ^^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if Deon is in the rp he'd be heading to where a lake is nearish to the Great Valley where a herd lead by his great grandfather lives.  

Not sure which of my characters would fit in the rp.  

Not sure which of the oc's folks have knowledge of or if I should post links to where info about them is.

For those interest I"ll post links to the characters.  No idea which ones, will fit into the rp.  

Deon: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index.php?showtopic=128

Diver: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index.php?showtopic=129

Mia: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index.php?showtopic=130

Mim: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index.php?showtopic=131

Rhyn: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index...=0#entry2169549