The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT TV Series back in Canada

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
After looking up some stuff on my TV Guide, I found LBT on Treehouse showing at Saturday mornings at 8:00 AM.  You can see the schedule times at Treehouse's website as well (http://treehousetv.com/watch/shows/LandBeforeTime/default.aspx).  I'll be keeping my PVR set to record at that time every week, so if any new episodes come up, I'll be sure to post about it.  This morning's episode was just a rerun of The Mysterious Above episode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope you get a whole collection of the episodes.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Please get a dvd recorder! :yes They're only around $50 from walmart now.  Sounds like a good thing to ask for for christmas if ya ask me.  If you get a dvd recorder, you can put existing eps you have on your pvr and other eps you come across onto dvd and then you can convert them to avi.  If you don't know how to convert it, I'll do it for you and then we can put it up for download.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there going to be a new season of LBT TV or are they just re-releasing Season 1?

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I probably think there going to. After all according to wikipedia there 26 out of 26 episodes that have been aired and now we have The Return of The Egg Stealers. I'm not 100% sure if it's part of season 1 or season 2. Currently there has not been any information if a season two even exsists yet.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: kmothersil,Dec 15 2007 on  08:18 PM
I probably think there going to. After all according to wikipedia there 26 out of 26 episodes that have been aired and now we have The Return of The Egg Stealers. I'm not 100% sure if it's part of season 1 or season 2. Currently there has not been any information if a season two even exsists yet.
A second season is the only explanation for the episode, "The Return of the Egg Stealers," because there is no other real explanation for it. It sounds like a phony episode, to me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is there a time when the next season for a series is usually announced?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I imagine so, and so far, I haven't heard a word on a second season.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: Manny Cav,Dec 15 2007 on  10:19 PM
A second season is the only explanation for the episode, "The Return of the Egg Stealers," because there is no other real explanation for it. It sounds like a phony episode, to me.
So far that's the only information and wikipedia so far has not lied about the airing of several episodes and the release date of the series on DVD. -_-

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yay, i'll finally be able to see the rest of the episodes! :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So will many of us, once the dvd's have all come out.   :yes  :DD  Some episodes for the first time for us all, some every episode for the first time.   :yes

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: kmothersil,Dec 15 2007 on  11:37 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav,Dec 15 2007 on  10:19 PM
So far that's the only information and wikipedia so far has not lied about the airing of several episodes and the release date of the series on DVD. -_-
The only reason for that is that people have put the information there after the episodes there. Nevertheless, the episode is rumored to be airing on January 5th, 2008, so we will soon see. Also, whoever put the information of the episode "The Return of the Egg Stealers" and the DVDs on there did not do a very good job. A tag on the "Eggs" song on that episode indicates that the song was used in a previous episode. False. It was used on a previous movie, not an episode (which is Wikipedia's own claim, so if it has been used in a previous episode, it's just contradicting itself). This will be the first time it would have been used in a episode. Also, a tag on the episode "The Spooky Nighttime Adventure" indicates that that episode has not been aired in the United States or Canada, which is also false, since "The Spooky Nighttime Adventure" has actually aired in Canada. Not exactly trustworthy material, in my opinion.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 15 2007 on  07:13 PM
Please get a dvd recorder! :yes They're only around $50 from walmart now.  Sounds like a good thing to ask for for christmas if ya ask me.  If you get a dvd recorder, you can put existing eps you have on your pvr and other eps you come across onto dvd and then you can convert them to avi.  If you don't know how to convert it, I'll do it for you and then we can put it up for download.
Nooooo....  -_-  Now that there is an official dvd release of the tv series episodes, I won't advocate for this any longer.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Dec 16 2007 on  08:33 AM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 15 2007 on  07:13 PM
Please get a dvd recorder! :yes They're only around $50 from walmart now.  Sounds like a good thing to ask for for christmas if ya ask me.  If you get a dvd recorder, you can put existing eps you have on your pvr and other eps you come across onto dvd and then you can convert them to avi.  If you don't know how to convert it, I'll do it for you and then we can put it up for download.
Nooooo....  -_-  Now that there is an official dvd release of the tv series episodes, I won't advocate for this any longer.
For some of the episodes, not all of them.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For some of the episodes, not all of them.

Besides, they're such low quality pieces of crap that I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to buy them on DVD if they liked them. :rolleyes: I mean, if you blow them up to full screen, Littlefoot's face looks like a big blob. :lol I did this on purpose.  I'm not for movie piracy, especially when it comes to LBT.  I do however believe that hardly any adult who's not already in love with LBT would come across the TV series box and turn their nose up at it (It is verrrrry ugly!).  They would never dream of getting it because it was a good show.  But I've gotten emails from many people saying things like "OMG!  I just loved the tv eps!  Where can I buy the DVD and what is it called?" or "Thank you for introducing me to the LBT tv series!  I saw the box in the store and I couldn't bring myself to buy it because it was so expensive and it looked really stupid.  Now however since I've watched the eps on your site, I've went out and gotten the DVD.  It's only got 4 eps on it though.  Where can I buy the rest?"

I believe that offering such low quality eps promotes sales.  Downloading the torrents certainly has done a wonder on my part.  I already own the DVD's for most of the tv eps whereas I would have never bought the tv eps if I had just seen them in the store.  However, torrents die and they are illegal most of the time, so a lot of people stay away from them.  And I don't believe offering such high quality torrents is a good way to promote sales.  They're just too high of quality to make people want to go pay for the eps.  Most of the torrents are dead now, so I'm glad that I can use my site to promote sales.  

I have gotten some emails asking for higher quality eps though.  My response is always this:

Here ya go:

*Link to LBT DVD* :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is one good thing about folks downloading free versions is they see what it is like and some, if not many, of them well go for the dvd version.  It's far better quality, it'll play on any dvd player, ect.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If they like it, chances are they'll buy it.  I mean, come on.  $15 isn't gonna break anyone.  :rolleyes:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's the price of some movies, and some cost more.  There may be only 4 episodes, but if you look at the combined playing length, I think the 4 episodes are longer then any 1 lbt movie, but not the double feature dvd pack.  Though the combined running time of the 4 episodes are about the same as most movies out there.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The way you were talking it sounded like you wanted to do high quality avi files.....seems like they're in demand a bit, or certainly higher quality ones than what you offer.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Many prefer svcd and high quality divx stuff that is equal to dvd.  I"m quite happy with low quality video since 1. it's faster to download, and will have the sound and video playing in sinc.  Plus 2. If I like it, like the LBT tv series, I will buy the dvd's.  Then I get the great quality video, and it supports whoever makes the lbt tv series too.