The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Levels (updated 27 July, 2012)

Petrie · 145 · 42719

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's perfectly fine so long as you've learned from your mistakes and won't let this happen again. My suggestions are to not post anything unless you have something to contribute that directly relates to the thread. Posting a smile in a roleplay you aren't even involved in is rude and disrespects the role players that are working in that thread, as well as vandalizes the role play, which can be considered the same as vandalizing someone's art work. One word posts should typically be avoided as well. Try and think of meaningful things to say that will contribute to the building on to of a thread, and not just something like "Ugh." That doesn't add anything to a thread. Something like "I think so and so works because..." and then giving your reasons is a much more beneficial way to post.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Pterano I guess I'm still pretty new at this.
8 years with TGOF :yum

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I may not be an admin, but I've got some helpful advice you should probably follow if you don't want to come across as frustratingly annoying. (no offense, so long as you actually show that you are willing to do better)

First of all, this isn't Twitter. There is no need for any @ or # symbols. There is also no limit at all on how long a post can be. I'm not saying you should write large paragraphs like in a college essay, but please try to use more than one complete sentence (except maybe for in the Party Room section, where the rules depend on each particular topic). I just spent the past 15 minutes skimming though most of your recent posts and I can't exactly say you seem to know what you are even doing.

Also, some extra advice for posting here. Please try to avoid double posting (that's posting in a topic where you made the last reply). If you wish to add something, just edit your most recent post by clicking the 'Edit' button at the top right of that post. You can also use that to fix any mistakes you made. But don't use it to completely erase the contents of your posts, because that's considered vandalism here.

But my personal advice, please take some time to seriously think about what you want to post. If had just threw all my thoughts down and posted without a second thought (like you have apparently been doing), you would probably now be reading a lot of hurtful insults directed at you, to be honest. But I know better than that, so I take things slowly with each and every post I make. This particular post, for example, I've been working on for nearly half an hour before finally hitting the 'Add Reply' button.

And one more thing: please shrink down your signature image. There is a maximum size limit to what you can put in your sig, and I'm pretty sure yours is currently over that limit. This topic should help you fix that.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
posting posts with a little or no content ie lol,  smilies etc, is considered spamming and we frown upon that here. take time to read what previous posts have said , so that you can weigh in with an informed opinion. we dont mind you posting here, as long as you follow the rules. posting 70 posts a day is considered spamming, so dialing back on the number of posts you put up per day is advised as well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile