The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Re-enacting

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For a while now, I've been increasingly interested in joining a war re-enacting or living history group.  But I have a bit of a dilemma.

I would really like to join a WW2 group, but the only such units here in AZ are the 1st SS (which I have no intention of joining for various reasons) and a possible Jewish Brigade Group (which may be on the opposite side of where I live).  So I've decided to create my own group where I live.  I wanted to create a group named from real units that have stationed here in AZ, and I found the only ones:  the 92nd and 93rd Infantry Divisions.

But here's the problem:  Both of these divisions are segregated all-black infantry forces, and I'm Caucasian.  Also, I really don't want to kick out anyone because of race or gender due to authenticity.  So I've come up with an idea to create several fighting unit names, plus medical units like the Army Nurse Corps or the WACs.  So we could take in any volunteers.  The only other "duh" issue is the need for money for authentic clothing & gear.

Anyway, are there anyone here who are familiar with this sort of thing or done it?  I could go with some pointers.