The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gwen Ifill has died

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gwen Ifill, the co-anchor of the PBS News Hour, host of Washington Week in Review, and Vice Presidential moderator in 2004 and 2008, died of breast cancer today after a 6-year battle.  She was only 61 years old.  

I have watched her for over 15 years on Washington Week in Review and greatly appreciated her relatively objective and non-sensational review of the political happenings each week.  This was a women who got her start as an intern after a co-worker sent her a note that said "Nigger go home".  She didn't go home.  Instead she worked in the media for over 40 years, not flinching when confronted by barriers.  She was a beacon of journalistic integrity in a media establishment that seems devoid of actual journalists in recent years.  She will be greatly missed.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I never knew who she was nor did I watch PBS much at all but Rest In Peace

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
As all death is tragic, I wish only the best for her family and friends and I pray they recover from this parting soon.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf