The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About death

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Long ago, when I was still in kindergarten, I had my girlfriend Anya (Anna), who lived not too far from my grandmother's house. I often ran to her house, knocked on the door and asked "Anya will come out?" when her parents opened door to me. The adults were touched, looking at our childishly innocent friendship, and jokingly called us the bride and groom. But one day my relatives made some particularly gloomy faces and said that Anya will not come out any more, because "she crashed in an accident and died."
- What does it mean that she died? I asked, still not understanding anything.
"She is gone. What can you not understand?" my grandmother answered irritably.
Not having understood her explanations, but having felt something wrong, I immediately ran to the Anya's house and began to knock on the heavy iron door.
-Anya will come out? - I asked a question to her father when he opened it to me.
This man did not answer me, but just shut the door right in front of my face. So I first encountered death, losing my best friend. May her soul rest in peace.
A few years later, it suddenly occurred to me that people are mortal and all of them, including me, will sooner or later cease to exist. From the realization of this fact, I just stood in the middle of the room and began to cry in my voice.
-I do not want to die! - I cried, without even trying to wipe my tears.
"You will not die" my mother tried to lie to me, but I knew that she was not telling the truth.
At the age of ten she was the first to tell me about the death of a boy who lived in our house a floor above.
-Get in a whirlpool with his father and drowned. Both were fine swimmers.
Well, okay. So he will no longer be in my life. I felt neither sorrow nor regret, and five minutes later I forgot about the existence of that boy, although we used to often cross in the courtyard with him. From that moment on, I began to treat death more calmly.
Later on, other relatives died, and my reaction to their death was exactly the same, except for the death of my aunt (my father's sister), who, although she made many mistakes, did not deserve to die at such a young age. So I grew up rather insensitive in everything that concerns the death of others. This helped me cope with the losses of my dogs, which I loved very much. Death is an inevitable stage in the life of every being, therefore it should be taken with humility and stoicism.
Forever in the past.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Reminds me of a Heinlein quote... "One might define adulthood as the age at which a person learns that he must die ...and accepts his sentence undismayed." :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's scary when you think about it... one day all that defines you, all that you are - the abilities, memories, your personality and all that complex biochemistry ins“de of you... it'll all be gone one day.

All that's left are the memories others have of you but even these will fade with time when these people die as well. Try to think how many people ever lived on planet earth... do we know anything about them? They're just... gone.

One life-time sadly isn't enough to do all the things you want to do in your life and there are so many fascinating things going on on our planet that my curiousity forbids me to die in a way :p I mean, who wouldn't want to see how earth will look like in a few thousand years - not to mention in 65 Mio. yrs :p
Inactive, probably forever.