The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Great Barrier Reef, yay.

Nahla · 5 · 2328

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the 15th I'll be heading off to the Great Barrier Reef, so excited the GBR is so beautiful.

I'll have an underwater camera, so I'll take photos and spam you guys with them. I'm hoping to find at least one Clownfish so I can say I found Nemo (don't judge me). Just hoping I don't get stung by a Stonefish or something, they'll be terrible cause those things are venomous as hell.

I am looking forward to seeing all the different marine life, just the venomous ones can stay far far away from me, thank you. Like Blue-ringed octopus, those things are freaky..and deadly..nope for me.

Also supposed to go in one of those cage things and get up close with a shark (with an expert with me of course) but lets see how close I let the shark get before running screaming back to the boat, shall we?

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Ohhh, your making me so jealous, I've always wanted to go to TGBR. Still hope it's a wondrous experience and with regards to stone fish just watch were you step, blue ring octopuses are nothing to worry about since they only live under rocks and are nocturnal, if you leave them alone you'll be alright but beware they do hide inside soda cans. The biggest danger is the box jelly fish because Summer is stinger season in QUS and those nasty buggers are the most venomous creatures in the world. The Sea Wasp is as big as a basketball with a transparent bell and 60 tentacles that can sometimes be as long as 15ft and they tend to hog the shore but they shun deep water. That's when you worry about irukungi jelly's, they are smaller but way worse, so make sure you wear a thick enough wetsuit  

TGBR is such a beautiful place I would love to go there one day, so I hope you have a great time, lets just hope that the weather will be kinder up there then it has so recently been  ;)
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I remember at a Sydney beach, can't remember what one (not Bondi though) there was a whole bunch of Box Jellyfish lumped together. They had to block that whole area off, I can't for the life of me remember what beach since it was 5 or 6 years ago, I just remember being terrified of them. To be safe,  Vinegar will be carried on the boat to pour on the stings until the person reaches the nearest hospital, though of course a First-Aid kit will be aboard with some anti-venom, but if the worse happens it good to have a plan in place. Like the day-long horse rides I go on, we gotta carry Eastern Brown snake anti-venom with us since they are very common in my own area.  Never seen anyone get bitten, but better safe then sorry. Though they mostly leave people alone unless provoked.

I'm sure I'll be fine though, if I see something dangerous I'll leave it alone. After all I'm the one in their home. Might snap a quick picture then be on my way.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope your trip goes well and you have lots of fun.   :goodluck

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No fair..I wanna go there too. Making me jealous, girl. But guess I'll have to make-do with photos and pretend I was there.

When you're up in Queensland, watch out for Cassowaries but I'm sure you already know to be careful of them, freaky dinosaur birds..I swear..demons from hell. Makes me think of a cross between a Velociraptor and an Emu. Those things can turn nasty real quick if threatened.

And watch out for Cone Snails, one of those buggers has enough venom to kill 15 healthly adult humans.

Wow theres lots of deadly things in one area...good luck...