The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The # of characters in the rp

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Obviously I'm joking on the over 9000 part, but someone brought up that maybe 4 is too low of a number for the characters, do you agree with this and should be more characters? Or what?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it depends on the roleplay. there are limits to what 2 people can do, in terms of rping..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I mean for my rp. Not in rping in general. :p

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
There should not be a maximum, at least, not a set one. The maximum will always vary, due to changes in the plot, real life, and the number of willing players. Best thing to do is to be flexible, and keep quoting Vegeta.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I like that idea, quoting Vegeta I mean. :DD

Thanks for the advice guys.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I was going to vote "5", but then I saw Noname's post, and I agree that what he said is really the best policy for character numbers in the RP. :yes Not only do RPers vary in the number of characters they can handle, and how active they are, but there are certain characters who really can't be played separately from one another (not without a lot of inconvenience)óIchy and Dil, Hyp, Nod, and Mutt, and the rainbow faces being a few examplesóthese should almost be counted as single characters. Perhaps players could request to use certain characters, and the head of the RP (that's you, of course, Amy ;)) would decide whether to let them or not (based on how active they have been in the RP, how many characters they have already and how much they are using them, etc.). You could also allow for negotiation; if the player already has too many characters, you could say “Okay, I’ll let you play (requested character) if you drop one of your other characters.” Does that sound like a good way to handle this? :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.