The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali

NewOrder · 136 · 22843

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 23 2017 on  08:07 AM
Yes yes she does if the new movie ever happens atleast she was in one movie tho I guess that's good enough but hopefully she'll appear in the next one.
We shall have to wait in see. If she ends up in only one film, at least fans will always have Journey Through The Mists.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I remember not liking Ali much when I was younger due to her initial prejudice against Littlefoot's friends. However, since then, my opinion of her has improved. This was her character arc, after all--later on in the movie, she realized, "It takes all sorts." And even when she was prejudiced, they played it not in an obnoxious/snobbish way (i.e., Cera in the first movie) but as a misguided fear, the result of living a sheltered life among one type of dinosaur only. Despite this fear, she was willing to go straight to the rest of the Gang for help when Littlefoot was in trouble, and she warmed up to them from there.

Even though Littlefoot+Ali isn't a ship I was ever very excited about, they're cute together, and I think it's pretty safe to say Ali was intended to be Littlefoot's love interest. I mean, there was that whole montage of Littlefoot and Ali scenes at the end of the movie, and how many one-off characters have gotten that sort of montage? That's right, just one, and you guessed her. :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ali is my second favourite character in the series and I really wish she got better development in later installments.

I totally DO ship her with Littlefoot :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I remember not liking Ali much when I was younger due to her initial prejudice against Littlefoot's friends. However, since then, my opinion of her has improved. This was her character arc, after all--later on in the movie, she realized, "It takes all sorts." And even when she was prejudiced, they played it not in an obnoxious/snobbish way (i.e., Cera in the first movie) but as a misguided fear, the result of living a sheltered life among one type of dinosaur only. Despite this fear, she was willing to go straight to the rest of the Gang for help when Littlefoot was in trouble, and she warmed up to them from there.

Even though Littlefoot+Ali isn't a ship I was ever very excited about, they're cute together, and I think it's pretty safe to say Ali was intended to be Littlefoot's love interest. I mean, there was that whole montage of Littlefoot and Ali scenes at the end of the movie, and how many one-off characters have gotten that sort of montage? That's right, just one, and you guessed her. :p

Good point about the montage. I always felt Ali was meant for Littlefoot too. After seeing “The Great Longneck Scheme,” I think Ali has reconsidered Rhett as a mate. He had lied to her and caused such a debacle, while Littlefoot did what he thought would expose the truth to Ali. Littlefoot is about truth, Rhett lied, easy chouce.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
The song that plays over that montage is literally called "Together Someday" in the OST. :wub :OhYou
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The song that plays over that montage is literally called "Together Someday" in the OST. :wub :OhYou

I am Team Ali+Littlefoot all the way!  :olittlefoot :PAli 💖

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

Hmm, more food for thought! Good catch!

You know, during my recent rewatch of LBT IV, it hit me that maybe people have interpreted the movie's ending wrong all this time. "Yes, Littlefoot and Ali would meet again someday...but that's another story." Maybe that didn't mean they'd meet again in another movie--maybe it was a hint that they'd cross paths further into the future and become MATES! :wow

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ali makes a good partner to Littlefoot, she’s cautious and yet strong willed. Littlefoot is more care free and tolerant (unless its determental like Rhett’s lies). They are quite a pair. Ali+Littlefoot Forever!

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't know if this was discussed already, but did anyone else think Ali's herd was a cult?

it's been awhile since I saw the fourth movie, but I remember getting some strange vibes from the Old One

and the way they moved about from place to place and implied the possibility of the Great Valley falling just kind of sent me messages like "the end the near!"

idk, I just remeber getting some doomsday vibes from them, that's all..

what do you guys think?
I'll find something better to put here eventually..

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
hmm
Yes, Old One told wisdom, idea that Valley will change someday as Land of Mists, as many other lands, and it can give you vibe about future "apocalypse" of course, since we, people, know what fate will dinosaur kind and planet eventually met, but I never thought about something like "CULT" was in Old One's herd.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I don't know if this was discussed already, but did anyone else think Ali's herd was a cult?

it's been awhile since I saw the fourth movie, but I remember getting some strange vibes from the Old One

and the way they moved about from place to place and implied the possibility of the Great Valley falling just kind of sent me messages like "the end the near!"

what do you guys think?

I myself didn’t get the cult vibes, I did get a sense they were exclusive, i.e. Ali only wanted to relate to longnecks at first.

But an interesting thought. Migrating a lot would sustain a cult mentality.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

what do you guys think?
I've honestly never thought of it that way. From what I remember, Ali's herd used to settle in the Land of Mists, but when the mists took over and brought all kinds of danger, that was when they started to migrate. I think they just had a bad first impression of settling in one place, believing that staying in one place for too long was bound to render them vulnerable to all kinds of threats sooner or later.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ali’s herd was basically like Life RVers, always on the move. ;)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Ali’s herd was basically like Life RVers, always on the move. ;)
Pretty much.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I just discovered the night flower exists:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-blooming_cereus

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I just discovered the night flower exists:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-blooming_cereus
Oh, WOW. :O

I wonder if the writers actually researched a variety of flowers and found this to use as inspiration.