The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest

Serris · 1232 · 70861

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well since I was hired as a part time security agent there thought there are some areas that they didn't allow me into I could get you guys in there if you wanted to,' hans said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Dr, I can make it VERY worth your while. I know you'd much rather be back on base.. well I can make it happen.. off the record of course.. came the reply. "Name your price.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Branston viewed one of the monitors and saw Aisha dragging off the Bison construction worker and Dr. Landon. He quickly radioed a security squad. "Sierra Tango 1! We have an assault or possible kidnapping in progress! Lock down all base exits!"

Dr. Bailey got to his feet, looked at the monitor, recognized Aisha and snatched the radio. "Cancel that call! There is no..."

Dr. Branston grabbed the radio back and pushed Dr. Bailey into a metal table. "There is kidnapping in progress! Dr. Landon is being kidnapped!"

Dr. Bailey recovered and tackled Dr. Branston, sending the radio clattering to the ground.

Dr. Branston punched Dr. Bailey who clawed him in an attempt to get back to his feet.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Wave your security passes" Aisha whispered to both the bison and Landon. "I'm sorry about this, but I need help.. and you were the cloest guys at hand..'
_
Lucky us" Landon replied "You didn't have do this you know.. this could be viewed as a kidnapping.." "No it won't, I'm not holding you guys at gunpoint, or anything.. aisha replied.. "You guys are coming along freely.. freely..
_
Landon pulled out his security pass to the guard at the door. "We're taking Miss Tennes, off base for a break..." He said to the guard. "Company guidelines though require that she be accompanied at all times, since she still is .. under training" Landon said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Bison pulled out his contractor pass and showed it to the guard.

----------------

Dr. Branston had managed to wrestle Dr. Bailey into a nearby closet but he received several deep scratches on his face in the process.

He then grabbed the radio and found out that it was broken thanks to the tumble it took. He looked at the monitor. He cursed as he saw that Dr. Landon, the Bison construction worker and Aisha were nowhere in sight.

"They got away. No matter. I'll have the whole base locked down." he muttered.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Carry on" The guard replied, as Aisha, DR. Landon and the Bison walked out to Aisha's car. Dr. Landon, get in back. MR . Bison, the passenger seat is yours" Aisha sai, climbing in the driver's seat and starting the engine.  "We need to get out of here.. I've got a bad feeling about whats going on here.. those red lights, well. they..
"
weren'r natural... they usually aren't turned on unless an attack is imminent or somethig of high importance is underway.. Landon said..nodding.
"
What's your name?' Aisha asked the Bison. "I'm, Aisha Tennes, I'm pretty sure you know Dr. Landon.." She motioned back to the doctor, as she made her way to the gate, where they would have to show thier passes once more, then they'd be clear...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The guards quickly waved them through "Just remember MIss Tennes to bring these guys back. they do have to clock out to go home" The guard smiled friendly as he waved them through. "Have a nice break.."he smiled, as he turned to attend to the next person leaving..
Aisha sighed a big sigh of relief as they put distance between themselve and the base.. "That was pretty hairy.." She looked apologetically at her two passengers. "I'm got some drinks and snacks in a cooler back there, guys, help yourselves..
_
Do you have BBQ- flavored chips?' Landon asked. "Yeah I got those small "Pringle paks" or whatever they're called. Original, Sour Cream and onion, and BBQ" aisha nodded. "For Soda, I've got root beer, DR. Pepper, and regular coke..  It might be a bit warm, sorry if thats the case, forgot to get ice tioday.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Bison looked out the window. "It doesn't seem like an attack is impending. What gives? And my name is Alfred Byford. And if there is something crazy going on in that base, what can I do? I'm not a soldier. I mean, being from a rural area, I grew up around firearms and have been target shooting but I've actually been in a war zone."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"well Alfred, I've been taught from a early age thart heros come in all shapes and forms.." Aisha smiled, reaching back and handing him a soda with her free hand.."  that, and fate has a way of guiding us to our destinies. Your destiny isn't to clean up rubble.." She said. "Isn't there something you REALLY wanted to do?
_
 what I'd REALLY want.. is a toasted meatball sub" Dr. Landon cracked, taking a few pringles and popping them in his mouth..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred accepted the soda and opened it. "Well, I've always been interested in the sciences but I just never got the opportunity to go to college."

---------

Dr. Zansasiu was still on the phone. "Erm. I would like to be working at Pelvanida but I'm not sure how that can be realized. Everyone who was involved in the previous attack was banned from ever working with the government."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"So how have you all been doing,' hans asked everyone else in the room.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm teaching AP Biology at a private school." Zachary replied.

"I'm working as a researcher with Krebs-Calvin Pharmaceuticals." Dr. Zanasiu replied.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I've got connections inside the military.  You will be brought, informally of course, back on base.. Ostenibly your job will be to train my daughter. In reality your job will be to investigate the Dragonstorm. I need not remind you that these are very powerful people we are dealing with here, people who can make things.. difficult.. with little effort on thier end.. Dr Tennes said. "So what do you say..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can get you into Stanford, if you want. I know a lot of people around campus, and my dad can pull some strings for you..." Aisha offered..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu thought a moment. "Dr. Tennes, I am at my friend's house with one of the Cobalt soldiers and the others who were previous involved at Pelvanida."

----------

Alford sighed. "Thanks. But what's going on there?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You mean back there? WEll, I'm not sure.. I just had a bad feeling,klike I had to get out' Aisha said slowly..
_
All I want Dr. Zaniusu, is a yes or no, answer" Dr Tennes replied. "Do you want the job, or not?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu took a deep breath. "Yes. I will accept that job. Um, can you come over to Zachary's house? We'll talk more about it here."

Zachary looked at Dr. Zanasiu. "Who's that?"

Dr. Zanasiu covered the mouthpiece of the phone and turned to Zachary. "Someone named 'Dr. Tennes'. He wants us to investigate 'Dragonstorm'."

"That's what the Gen. Moby wants as well." the Cobalt Soldier said.

Zachary sighed. "Well, we'll need to wait until everyone arrives."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Certainly., I'll be there in 15 minutes" the phone on the other side went dead. Dr Tennes had hung up..
 Fifteen minutes later a white SUV pulled up in the driveway.. a man in his late 40s , but dressed in very fine clothes, climbed out of the SUV and went to the front door. He rang the doorbell and stood erect at the door, waiting for the door to be answered..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale, Hawkeye, Neku, Agtio, Slash, and Kagetora all stayed seated, each looking impassively at the door.
"Someone going to go get that?"
Cale finally asked drolly...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'll get it." Dr. Zanasiu said. He opened the door. "Ah, you must be Dr. Tennes, please come in."

The Cobalt Soldier had his pistol drawn.