The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 77031

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Heh, I just used an interrobang. I tried to use an interrobang during the second RP and got a box error. Looks like the forum has advanced along with the role-play.

It's amazing how long we stuck through this. It's gonna be weird having Darwin's Soldiers over...I was in high school when this all began, and now I'm a college graduate looking for work in San Francisco.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
wellyou can join other rps lbt. you're a good rper. real life comes first naturally, but if you have any ideas or characters you want to play, let me know,...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
And that's a wrap!

Thanks for the 5 years guys! What an epic story!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know, right.  Heck, we may just have to start another one~

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hey, LB&T, I'm reading your future fics. And I love them!

It's kinda depressing to see Shelton fall from great scientist to drunkard.

On a side note, I thought I made it canon that Dr. Zanasiu's (adopted!) son was a Peregrine Falcon named Erik Zanasiu-Varma and that he and Sharon had hyphenated their names?

Oh well, consider this a canon proclamation:

As biotech has advanced so much, James Zanasiu Jr. is in fact, the second (and biological) son of Sharon and Doctor Zanaisu.

However, he has some Human traits - namely he can actually sweat like a Human but he looks outwardly canine.  In addition, he has a odd number of chromosomes so he is sterile. However, reproductive cloning allows so-called "Twin Specians" like him to reproduce.

Edit: Time travel makes my head spin. But still a pretty kickass addition.

I have to determine the canonicity but for now, I'll file it as alternate continuity.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Don't make any proclamations until you've finished reading them: There's justification for Junior's absense in the epilogue, and I think I mention he was born before they got married, hense the lack of hyphenated name. (Both of these reasons are why I didn't use Erik; I only borrow characters if I'm going to leave them in the same state I borrowed them.)

Timeline:
2009: the events of Disruptive Selection occur.
2033: the events of Chasing Seconds occur.
2039: the Disruptive Selection epilogue occurs. Remember I said I needed it to be at least 30 years later because of something I was working on? ;)

Sorry for ignoring your statement about species not being able to reproduce together, but it really cut out a good source of dramatic tension and storytelling possibilities. A major theme of CS is that all three main characters are trying to live up to the legacies of their larger-then-life parents.

Everyone else, Serris is talking about the miniseries I published on the Darwins Soldiers blog to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the 1st roleplay. Now I'm working on a video game! Once I get non-phone internet in my new apartment I'll start posting about it on the blog, its looking really good so far.