The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by LeventeII

LeventeII · 133 · 22780

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your feedback!   :DD

The following drawing is actually one of my first hand-drawn drawings for the last few months along with some little anime-styled drawings. I am happy that I am still able to create drawings which aren't "bad". ^^

I would like to participate in the Fanart prompt challenge "Crossover" with this.

The two characters which I drew are Sharptooth and Godzilla, the universes are "The Land Before Time" and "Monsterverse". Monsterverse is a rather new term which includes the new American Godzilla movies from 2014 and 2019. One could say, it is a separate storyline from the Japanese Godzilla movies. The characters are the same though.

I took two separate pictures of each character to show the colors better. They are rather dark, that's why they seem black. I tried to match Sharptooth's color from the original movie and Godzilla's dark color with a bit blue.

Godzilla; Sharptooth

At first, I wanted to draw the heads very detailed and large with very tiny, cute bodies. But I thought that it would seem more cute if I made simple faces.

I decided not to draw a background, because I thought it wouldn't support the effect. I was thinking about drawing a "split" background. On the left side, Sharptooth's side, the background should look like a setting from The Land Before Time and the Background on the right side, Godzilla's side, should look like a setting from his universe.

What bothers me the most is that I couldn't manage to make Sharptooth's look recognizable because he doesn't have any special features like a scarf or something like that. Godzilla is easily recognizable because of his "spikes" on his back but I didn't know what to draw for Sharptooth, I mean he is just a regular Sharptooth in his looks. I didn't want to go too much into detail because this would have disturbed the simple, cute scene.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
That's hilarious!!! :lol :DD :lol :DD I instantly recognized Godzilla, and since the remaining character had to be from LBT, I figured it was Sharptooth. I think you made the right decision not doing big heads in detail. I've attempted that big-headed style in the past, and it's kind of hard to do without it just looking weird. The way you decided to go is definitely cuter! It's funny, too, that I'm working on a split background for my crossover picture...we shall see how this goes, I've never done it before. :p

What bothers me the most is that I couldn't manage to make Sharptooth's look recognizable because he doesn't have any special features like a scarf or something like that.

Also, thank you for the amusing image of Sharptooth wearing a nice, woolly scarf! :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha nice Levente! I do think the comical situation does lend itself well to this art style! Also it looks like Godzilla's spikes are glowing. Maybe he's preparing for his atomic breath! Hopefully Sharptooth can deal with it!  :rhett_shocked

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha this one made me laugh this morning! I agree, Godzilla is very recognizable :D Nice work!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
While I didn't laugh, this drawing did put a small grin on my face. Very cute drawing LeventeII, thanks for sharing with us. :smile

But obviously, we all know who would win in a real fight... :bestsharptooth

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback!  :)

Also, thank you for the amusing image of Sharptooth wearing a nice, woolly scarf! :lol

I have no idea why I didn't notice my spelling mistake but hey, now we have got a cool idea. Maybe I can draw some kind of Christmas related drawing with the LBT cast. I think a scarf would fit Sharptooth.  :DD

Okay, here are two drawings which I drew some time ago. I didn't share them yet, so I think it's time now after more than a year!

The first one being Foobie. I remember drawing him was a bit difficult because of the many circles which I had to draw. I mean, there are only very little straight lines.

The second drawing is Cera. It is really impressive how the mood of the picture goes into the artist himself as I got a bit angry somehow while drawing her. The process itself was quite flawless and without any frustration. Another thing that was in my mind while drawing her was the fact how *round* she looks. However, I think it is because of the perspective.

The last drawing is Cera, again. I drew this one last summer after a longer break from drawing. I was very happy that it worked out quite well!

I don't think I have got any more LBT realated drawings which I could share at the moment. That means that the next drawing is going to be something new!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh hey, nice to see some more drawings from you Levente! All the expressions were done quite well in all of them and they all look good! I think Cera's cheek might look a little sharp in the last one but that's about it. Would be great to see more art from you in the future!  :ChomperPOG

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
thx for sharing them. I like them all! :D
waiting for new ones :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I know you said they were round, but I really like the roundness of Cera and Foobie. Given that Cera's your favorite character she really came out well! :CeraHAPPY
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Awesome drawings!!  Yay! Foobie!  :FoobieOooooo I think they are all wonderful! :bronGoodJob

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Cera and Foobie look fantastic, Levente! :CeraHAPPY They're both drawn so accurately, great job!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Nicely done, Levente. I really like all three of these. The Cera fan in me especially appreciates the latter two drawings. :)