The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Was Ret attracted to Ali?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Do you think that Ret was attracted to Ali or was his bragging just to impress her as a friend?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Topic Moved to "LBT Series Discussion"

I reckon it as more of a brag than an actual attraction. Everyone loves braggings rights and everyone loves to show off something they're proud of or something impressive they can do (even though, in Ret's case, it wasn't exactly true).

I moved this over from the After Midnight section coz there's nothing really taboo that requires any additional care over matters discussed here. Unless it gets just down right dirty!  :DD Which I know won't happen for obvious reasons!

TTFN

Littlefoot B)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Think there is attraction there, imo he's a potential rival to Littlefoot for Ali's affections. The question remains whether He's show up again when Ali appears in another episode. If he doesn't that tells me he was a 1-off.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, it's my fault for this idea coming up in the first place. :P: (Yes, I thought this exact thing the first time I saw "The Great Longneck Scheme" episode.)

I shall not deny that there is quite the possibility that Ret has a crush on Ali.  The hints are few, but kinda obvious.

The first is a given.  He's making up stories to impress Ali.  Now, the thing is that he was only making up the stories to her and no one else, until he met Littlefoot and Cera.  This is basically known by the fact that Ali was told these things before.  It is a basic ploy that guys tend to use to impress the ladies, and in the case of being older, turn them on.

The second hint comes from him wanting to play the game "rescue" so much with just Ali.  The thing is, he's always the hero and she's always the damsel in distress.  Even with Ali giving other options of games to play, he still insists on playing a game where he saves her.  It is the old thing where the hero and the damsel fall for eachother after the game is over.  If it's set up to be more real and pull it off, the fantasy pairing at the end has a better chance of becoming real.

The final hint comes where he has to confess to Old One about making up the stories.  The thing is, he was reluctant to tell the truth.  That is, until Ali said, "It's okay, Ret." which gave him the confidence to tell the truth.  To be given this kind of confidence, requires quite the heart.  Since it takes "heart" to tell the truth when you've done something wrong, and Ali is what triggered it in Ret's heart, there is no doubt that she is in his heart.

Saying this, there is no doubt in my mind that Ret has feelings for Ali.

Yet, I question what he would do in a real sharptooth attack.  After what I saw him do when Chomper pretended to attack, leaving Ali behind to defend for herself, I question it all. :)

Well, those are my thoughts at least. :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
littlefoot also has these feelings for Ali as well. In the song "it;s not fair" He says "he can't be her best friend" He is reffering to Rhette of course but it also means that he considers himself to be Ali's best friend.Second the jealousy, and actual anger he shows when Ali believes Rhette's stories, and doesn't believe him or Cera when they doubt them.  There is also no question that if Ali were in danger, Littlefoot would help her out, we can't say that about Rhette, he's shown to be a coward, frankly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is a relationship. The period in which they knew each other would probably have been long enough for a crush to form, and then the return to the Valley sparked a rivalry.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to admit that it didn't just look like a friend trying to impress his other friend.  It looked more like a friend trying to impress his girl friend into actually being his "girlfriend". :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree that Rhett does feel some attraction for Ali.  But, at least for now, it seems one way.  Ali is attracted to Littlefoot and likely him to her.  It seems Ali sees Rhett as just a friend, though he would like it to be more.  How this will change over time, if done a bit more realistically would be hard to say, though it may stay the same relationship as the three of them have now.   In the future it'll likely remain much the same as it is now.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think that there is really any "sandbox love" or whatnot involved, but the damsel in distress thing seems quite suspicious. Still, I don't think that there is much in the way of, er, attraction.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just meant the sort of attraction that the writers have been showing or hinting at between various characters in the past.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think a lot of those attractions are size induced, like Littlefoot/Cera, Ducky/Petrie, etc.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I mentioned as such much earlier on another thread.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of it may also stem from they are the only kids in the herd.  Which seems rather odd since roughly half the herd should be females and there should be more kids, unless dinosaurs have way more males then females normally.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Part of it may also stem from they are the only kids in the herd. Which seems rather odd since roughly half the herd should be females and there should be more kids, unless dinosaurs have way more males then females normally.

That's one problem.  What are they gonna do when they get more....developed?  They can't exactly pair up with eachother, seeing as they're different species.  It seems only Littlefoot has any chance of a normal relationship as of yet, that is, if you call a long distance relationship to a female longneck with a high pitched voice normal :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quite possible, though she is the only female longneck his age he's seen.  Maybe Bron's herd has some females around his age.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it does, we haven't seen them...or they are simply minor characters are seen for brief instant..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
We don't get to see many dinosaurs around the gang's age at all, especially other threehorns.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It makes more sense there would be some others around their age, just likely the animators do not want to draw more kids of varying sizes.  They'd rather do adults and the gang plus any guest stars like Ali, Tippy, ect who have a part in the plot.  Other kids are not drawn.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It makes more sense there would be some others around their age, just likely the animators do not want to draw more kids of varying sizes. They'd rather do adults and the gang plus any guest stars like Ali, Tippy, ect who have a part in the plot. Other kids are not drawn.

Of course, if they introduced a whole bunch of characters the gang's own age then we'd all be talking about what loners they were not even talking to other members of their species and we'd wonder what was wrong with them. :p

Besides, each character gets very few screentime as it is, especially now with chomper and Ruby.  Perhaps as the series develops they'll introduce potential mates for the gang (if nothing else cuz it's something they've never done before).