The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TLBT Pizza Hut Toys

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hi guys,

I know I've been away for so long most of you probably don't remember me.

Anyway, I've recently learned that there was a line of The Land Before Time Pizza Hut toys back when the movie was released. I don't think they were ever sold in Portugal, though.

I've decided to start collecting them in the near future, if you have any for sale please message me. If you have the collection feel free to use this thread to post photos of it and tell us how much fun you've had playing with them.

(:
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool.

Just thought I'd mention the old commercial for them here and the final line of the movie seen in it. Do you know Ducky hugs Petrie in that moment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WRjyaol6E Here, you can see it at 0:12. I don't know why it fades before we can really get a good look at it though.   :confused

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
maybe they picked that as a touching scene, or the studio sent them that clip.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Probably something along those lines. The child actors in these old commercials are always acting a bit flat, but apart from that it's a great movie.

One thing I find odd and yet interesting in this line is that they also include Sharptooth, and not just the gang of five.

It also ticks me that they cost 99 cents back in 1988 and that I've just bought all six of them for 54 dollars, although almost half of that is shipping, it's still a very high added value.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Thanks, they usually sell for over 60 dollars without shipping, I ended up getting a good bargain on eBay.

It's funny, but eventhough I'm a very big TLBT fan, I never owned any toys. I have all DVDs and a few VHS tapes, and I also have the original book, and the score in a vynil LP.

However, the only toy I ever bought was a Littlefoot plush to give to one of my exs, had I known I would've kept it for myself :p

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just wondering...has anyone but me thought that the "now we'll always be together" line in the commercial was the second to last line, before the narrator's line "and together they grew up in the great valley..." It just seems to fit better.