The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali of the movie or the TV series?

Guest · 36 · 10668

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is another "one-sided" poll. :)
Honestly, the TV series Ali is the biggest waste of character in the Land Before Time franchise. Another waste is that Guido, being an interesting character he is, appears only in one movie and one TV episode. Same with Mo.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I carried on with the trend and voted for the original Ali. The Ali from the TV series just sucked. She was so gullible and they really dumbed her down. :(

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I gonna follow the trend and vote for LBT 4 aka original Ali because the Ali we were shown in the TV-series isn't Ali. Heck, whoever that purple girl is it even has a different colour  <_< Though it didn't stopped me liking the ep in which Ali appeared (Big Longneck Scheme?).
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The movie version of Ali was a lot better than the T.V. Series. In the movie she was more developed and had a good personality even tho at the begging of the move she didn't like the other different dinosaur types. But she got way better as time went on. The T.V. series she went way down hill and became annoying and turned into a character at the time I liked into a character that I hated. Her personality on the show was annoying and god awful.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Only recently have I begun watching the TV series episodes. I watched four episodes today, one of them was "The Brave Longneck Scheme" and...well, you can guess my vote for this poll, for the same reasons everyone else stated.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's quite obvious that the makers of the Tv-series haven't watched LBT 4 :DD :P:

Seriously, I mean the change in character isn't that bad because it's reasonable in my opinion. Rhett has changed Ali, that's a thing that is quite possible to happen. But come on... judging Ali's outward appearance, it could be a completely different girl...
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Original Ali by a wide margin.  As Ducky stated I can see Ali being changed somewhat by the influence of Rhett, but come on, the new Ali of the series lacked all of the distinct character traits of the Ali from the fourth film.  Its like the producers gave Ali a prefrontal lobotomy and removed most of her personality prior to the episode.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Like any of us were going to vote for that abomination from the series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I was wondering which you guys thought was better, Michael Jordan's basketball career or his baseball career?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Oct 13 2013 on  05:45 PM
I was wondering which you guys thought was better, Michael Jordan's basketball career or his baseball career?
:lol

Yeah this poll is about as lopsided as a poll on the question would be...

Wait a minute!  Someone voted for the Ali of the TV series?   :blink:

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Oct 14 2013 on  08:49 AM

Yep, it does look like someone voted for that abomination.

I went with tradition and chose original Ali.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I definitely choose the Ali from Journey Through The Mists. I felt it wasn't right for the writers to drastically change her personality in the TV series. Her personality was fine in the movie; they should have kept her that way.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Original all the way. Everyone else's reasons are pretty much mine, too. The original Ali was cute, but the series Ali...I can say I've never been more disappointed in a character brought back from another part of a media tha  I was with Ali...I don't plan on watching that episode again...

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blitz,Oct 16 2013 on  05:55 PM
Quote from: rhombus,Oct 14 2013 on  08:49 AM

Yep, it does look like someone voted for that abomination.

I went with tradition and chose original Ali.
I don't think I need to say which Ali I voted for. Maybe whoever voted for Ali from the series mistakenly clicked the wrong radio button or something. I would've labeled them more clearly (i.e. Ali from LBT 4 and Ali from the TV series or something like that)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I never actually saw a difference, but I just chose the original Ali anyway for nostalgia's sake.

By the way, who in the world picked the TV series Ali?!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The LBT IV Ali I like far more than “The Great Logneck Scheme,” Ali. She had much more growth, going from exclusive to inclusive; “It takes all sorts.” The problem is in her return, she is essentially enslaved to herself prior to enlightenment, Rhett only wants to play with her, just as she only wanted to play with Littlefoot. Why after her realization did she not sing to Rhett, “It takes all sorts,”?! This to me is character continuity problem.   

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith