The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

new fanfic I am planning

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am planning a new LBT fic in which Ozzie and Strutt, Dil and Ichy, and Sierra and Rynkus ( I assume Pteronto no longer hangs around with them) join up and go after the gang.  It will also have Ali in it.  I just came up with the idea today and am still planning it.  This will have no dang technology or crossovers in it.  It will just be a true LBT fic.  Sound good?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That's an idea to work with. I strongly suggest however not to let the villains try to enter Great Valley and take huge risks for mere revenge. I think they are both too coward and too "practical thinking" (food rules) to take risks for revenge. But if circumstances lead Littlefoot and the others within range I don't doubt they would try to get their revenge. There is an interesting potential for conflict between the named villains. Dill is likely to dislike all of them (being the strongest but the only one unable to fly), Ichty is likely to have a conflict with the flyers (conflict between Pterosauruses and the smaller but less vulnerable birds who would ultimately take over the sky), and the two flyers could easily accuse each other for what they went through under Pterano's leadership.
Not a many gang of friends I suppose  :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm sure you can find a way to make it work.  :)  You won't know how it will work until you actually start writing, so give it a try and keep us informed of the progress.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I suppose if you include Rinkus and Sierra in a story it might be a good idea to bring Pterano in too. Not necessarily as a villain. He might even come for the rescue in time to earn his rehabilitation.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am going to have Pterano in it.  He won't be a bad guy though.  I don't quite know where he will come in.  As for the bad guys, they will not plann on revenge.  they will all just meet as a coincidence.  If anyone has any suguestions, please let me know.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is this nasty little spammer on FF.net who keeps sending me dirty emails and bad reviews on every story I write.  I know he isn't intrested in the topic, he just enjoys tormenting me.  This jerk is a member of ff.net and several other members have complained about him.  He sends me junk like and I'm just saying what he said,
I can't believe you like Land Before Time crap!
He also said that all my stories suck, that I'm gay, that I am stupid, and he went too far when he insulted me for being a Cristian.  I have reported this loser to FF.net and hope they take care of it because I'm getting real sick of deleting his "doo-doo" putting it nicely.  There can only be 3 things.  1- he is just a highly inmature adult who can;t think of anything better to do.  2- he is a highly inmature teen who is rude and uncouth.  if that is the case then his parents need to take away his modem until he can learn proper respect for others on the web. :x  :angry:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have just one question; how the heck do you post pictures?  I may draw some fanart for this story so I need to kow how to post it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is really nasty!
I wonder if people like that idiot who sent you these mails don't realize how stupid this is! Why are they bothering to deal with stuff they dislike just to bother those who like it!  :angry:
You wouldn't believe the crap I had to deal with though it is nothing compared to what a good friend and fellow LBT fan of mine had to go through. If you are using an email program such as Outlook Express I strongly recomend you to just block the sender address that junk is coming from.
And whatever this fool writes, don't you bother to show any reaction. Reacting in no matter what way will only incourage such idiots while they are likely to get bored if they "get nothing in return" for their crap. Don't bother to even get annoyed about it, it's not worth the effort.

As for pictures in the Gang of Five, there are two different ways. You can attach them to your message by using the option "File attachment" which you will find right below the post icons. There you can enter a file from your harddrive and if it is a picture there will be a thumbnail of it at the end of your message which can be enlarged by clicking on it. This however works up to a certain file size (don't exactly know the maximum size).
The other possibility is in case the picture has been uploaded elsewhere in the net. In that case you can take the url of that picture, paste it in your message and mark it as an image using the link you will find among the links above the field where you enter the post. If you do so the picture will be shown in the message rather than the url.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We had amilar experience a few months ago, where a group of spammers over ran the board. They were eventually banned, but not before they posted crap in every forum. and at the time we only had one administrator, so we were unable to do anything. It was very aggravating, watching them post crap, and not being able to do anything about it. :angry:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey thanks for the info.  I haven't listened to a word of crap that idiot posted anyway.  I'll try to upload some pictures now.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's good to hear Ace.... :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I fpund out from FF.net that our little spammer has been removed.  However, thast idiot just entered an annnoumous and spammed me!  I found out he lives just down the road from me.  I cannot reveal this jerks name though.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't want this to turn into a discussion about spammers but that a-hole somehow got my e-mail address and keeps spamming me that way.  He probably looked it up on ff.net.  I think it should be optional wether to show your e-mail address on there or not for this very reson.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Most email programs allow you to set up blocks from certain email addresses so you don't receive anything from them.  I'd look into doing that.  ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, we blocked that goon.  he won't be e-mailing me anymore.

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
sounds like a really good fan fiction you are writeing cant wait to read it

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:cry2 I have had so much to do, I have had very little time to work on it though.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You can have my encouragement as well. Sounds interesting, and quite frankly, original.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf