The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Massive Pixar Roleplay

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I'm a fan of Pixar and I'm contemplating a roleplay consisting of all their movies together, where characters can meet and interact with each other when they normally can't. A goofy roleplay where there's no limits; bring in the characters you love, even if they died in the movies! I'm even thinking of letting people insert themselves into the RP either as a human or a customized Pixar movie character. OCs are welcomed as well!

I'm open to suggestions as I have yet to fully flesh out this idea!

Oh, and here's a list of the current Pixar movies so you won't have to search for them:

Toy Story 1, 2, and 3
A Bug's Life
Monster's Inc
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up

Is anyone interested?

List of Characters In Use

Nick22
Trixie from Toy Story 3
Rex from Toy Story

LBTDiclonius
Mater from Cars
Jesse from Toy Story 2
Randall from Monster's Inc

FlipperBoidSkua
Thumper and Hopper from A Bugs Life
AUTO from WALL-E
The Barracuda from Finding Nemo

Kor
Fillmore from Cars
Slinky Dog from Toy Story

Redtooth101
Ramone from Cars
Syndrome from The Incredibles

Kit12
Woody from Toy Story

OCs (Movie of origin - Name; Type/Species)

Kor
Toy Story - Chomper; Chomper Toy

Redtooth101
Cars - Ace Schneider; Mercedes CLK Black Series

Note: At the time, there's no limits on how many characters you have. This may change with the addition of future participants.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i might be... :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
whats the female triceratops' name in TS3? i'll play her and Rex.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:blink: Wow! 2 interested people already? Awesome!!  :DD Any character(s) and stuff you guys wanna play, so I can make a list? :)

Edit: You mean Trixie? Alright!! :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeah make a list so we know who's paying whom
 do you have some kinda of plot ready?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Would the characters be about the same size, like cars or toy story characters, or would they be the same relative sizes?  

Just asking since some folks may want, if they are not the same size, to take a smaller and larger character to maximize their rp.

I guess you prefer fc's be taken for now?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okie-dokee. I'll play...Mater from Cars and maybe...Jessie from Toy Story.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
do you have some kinda of plot ready?

At the moment, it's still sketchy and limited to the general inter-movie characters meeting and their interactions creating a plot from there (aka, temporarily making it up as we go). If any of you have a particular plot in mind, I'd love to hear it!!

Would the characters be about the same size, like cars or toy story characters, or would they be the same relative sizes?

Just asking since some folks may want, if they are not the same size, to take a smaller and larger character to maximize their rp.

Huh.... I never actually thought of that question. I guess they would stay in their relative sized. I'm sure an oversized Hopper can freak some people out :lol

I guess you prefer fc's be taken for now?

I might sound stupid, but what does "fc" mean?

Okie-dokee. I'll play...Mater from Cars and maybe...Jessie from Toy Story.

No prob!! :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fc means a characters from the stories oc means a character of the posters creation
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
fc means a characters from the stories oc means a character of the posters creation

Oh, okay! Thanks!!

Anyway, if you wish to play your OC, you can. But I do encourage at least one FC role as well so as to make the 'cast' list efficient. For OCs, just give me the basic info to add to the list (name; movie of 'origin'; in some cases, species) :DD

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you! I'm gonna change my ways and play a villian. I got dibs on Randell!

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No problem!! And thank you for that!! You have nooooo idea how hard it was for me to restrain myself from claiming Randall so someone else can have him!! Thank you for putting me out of that torture by calling dibs on him!! *hugs!!*

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Really? I thought you were going to be mad at me for claiming Randell!  I'm happy to put you out of your misery. No problem! *hugz back*

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I may play a car and a toy/bug character, 1 of each so I have a big (car) and a small character.  Not sure who I"ll do yet.  Or even if I'll be able to pick any fc's.  

I also wonder if the humans know about the cars being sentient or if the do not know? I can see a number of ways it can go.  The cars earth interfaces with this one, humans do not know for some reason, or like it seems in the speed buggy,(main hanna barbera earth (as I call it)), sometimes when you make a car it becomes sentient like Speed Buggy did when Tinker & his 2 friends finished building him (as seen in the opening), but most cars do not.   Sorry if the question sounds confusing.  

I guess at the very least the bugs/animals toys, and cars, can talk to each other.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think I may play a car and a toy/bug character, 1 of each so I have a big (car) and a small character. Not sure who I"ll do yet. Or even if I'll be able to pick any fc's.

No worries!! Take your time in choosing your characters, and tell me when you've officially decided!! :DD

I also wonder if the humans know about the cars being sentient or if the do not know?

*thinks for a moment and is hit with an idea* Maybe the cars from the movie are sentient and people know it (and probably genuinely freaked out about it :lol: ), but since the cars aren't in their 'car-run' world anymore, they're one of a kind so to speak; in that the 'our world' cars they meet are just regular machines. Am I making sense, cause I think I'm confusing myself!! :lol

Your bringing up some very good questions, Kor!! Thank you for exercising my brain!! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well i think that the worlds are connected to each other so the incredibles could walk over from thier world as say the monsters realm. a bugs life area would be anthill park, etc etc
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think I get what your saying. And in many ways, the worlds are probably connected (how else can A Bugs Life characters appear in Toy Story 2? :DD ). What I'm currently wondering is how to connect WALL-E's world to the rest, since it takes place in a very distant future....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure of the cars character.  I may have at least one be an oc char, maybe a Telsa roadster.  I may pick one of the background sort of char characters. I'll do some research and watch a bit of the movie later.  

Same with the bug's life and some of the other pixar movies I do have.  

One idea I had for my toon world, which is more of a sorta linked multiverse, is for things like space ghost, the jetsons, ect there are time gates perhaps, though not obvious maybe like the star gates are from those series.  My toonworld idea, when i was a kid way back many decades ago, was one could, if one knew the exact directions, could walk or ride to the herculoids earth, then go to visit thundar's, Mightor's, scooby, surper friends ect, but one would have to know the exact directions to go to go through the gates/apertures .  If Wall-e characters are small there may be small ones so that they can go through to the different worlds like a bug's life ect.  

Not sure how you'd do it but my original toon world idea, that I refined from reading some info on myths, rpg books, ect, is some of these gate/apertures   may not be obvious so you may go through one without knowing it.  & or some may be obvious.  You can do it how you would want to.

Some of the gate/apertures  may be non obvious, like for example the fraggles are actually traveling through 2 of these to get to the human dimension/universe, and whatever those giants are called they visit.  They think it's all on the same world just different caves they go through, but one could say they are totally separate universes but the gates are not obvious so they don't know they travel through one.   I've not seen many episode of the show in ages so I don't remember if they mention knowing this or not, but thought I'd use it for an example.   Some gates may be obvious, how yours works is up to you.

Some gates may be permanently open, others may open only at certain times of day, month, year, or certain circumstances are met.  

the fraggle rock opening in case you've not seen the show so you can understand maybe some of my example above.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMu7WvM_zik