The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Disney Movies

Saft · 48 · 6352

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I knew that this topic would come about one day if not soon.   :D

So, I decided to do a poll.  Please note that it's only single choice, which disney movie is most popular.  Sadly since the maxium answers is only fifteen, I couldn't put all the disney classics up on there.  That is why there is an 'Other' option too.  If your favourite movie isn't up on the list, please click on 'Other' and then say your favourite movie in bold.  

I also didn't include sequels, if you only like one of the sequels then also click 'Other'.  

As to everything else, have fun.  After all, this will be interesting to see what is everyone's favourite disney movie.  Mine is (of course) obvious.

The Lion King  :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've watched nearly all the Disney films. Snow White was the first, so it holds a special place in my esteem. The Lion King in my estimation was the last truly great Disney Film. those are the bookmarks for me.. So I'll go with Snow White..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess the lion king wins for me too.

But the rest is really good as well!

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe Great Mouse Dtective, Lilo & Stitch, and Fillmore!.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Of course Mumbling.  :D

Oh yes Chomper, The Great Mouse Detective was great too.  As for Filmore, it was a great disney television show which was cancelled.  Although here, on this Toonjuice program, they show every day at 2'o'clock.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bolt and One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I haven't seen bolt , although 101 Dalmations was good. Pity they made a sequel to it..like they did with most of the goodc Disney films, the sequel just took away from the original..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't include Bolt or any of the 'newer' disney movies or Pixar movies.  Since Bolt is Disney Pixar.  I should have used the title as 'disney classics'.  

As far as sequels go, I'm afraid I don't think much of them.  Most of them have plot holes (the Lion King 2 for example) and are just so confusing, with poor characterisations.  

I'm so grateful that they haven't made sequels out of: Dumbo, Snow white and the seven dwarves, Robin Hood or Pinocchio.  

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Bolt isn't Pixar. It's just Disney. The last Pixar movie they made was Wall-E. There's another one coming soon, but I don't remember it's name...

I really can't pick a favorite Disney movie, personally. I love a lot of them, so I don't really have a #1. So, I'll say other.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Mulan, because is a sea of animated features with far too many "girl power" moments, Mulan the most understandable motive to become a kickass action girl. If her father stepped out that door to go to war in his condition, he was not coming back.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
Definitely Sleeping Beauty. Maleficent is so evil and scary xD

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
While I love nearly all the Disney animated films, Lion King has to be my #1 favorite. A perfect blend of storytelling from all angles. Drama, comedy, tragedy, and the right music to fit. I've seen all the movies from Snow White onwards. Going to a Disney movie was a big after-school treat (We got to go Downtown -- on the bus -- a big thrill for us :lol:).  

One Disney movie I didn't see on the list. Fantasia, my #2 favorite. The 1940's original though Fantasia 2000 has its merits, too.  Visual music...Who knew it would be big.
  :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Mar 21 2009 on  07:48 PM
Mulan, because is a sea of animated features with far too many "girl power" moments, Mulan the most understandable motive to become a kickass action girl. If her father stepped out that door to go to war in his condition, he was not coming back.
That's my number 2 at the moment  :yes

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, as I previously mentioned before hand the maxium options only goes up to fifteen so there are some really great disney classics that are not on there.  So I apologise for that.

I also didn't think Bolt was disney.  So I also apologise.  Personally, since I haven't seen Bolt I can't really judge.  However, most of the recent disney films have lacked a certain magical quality that the older classics have.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It's an almost direct toss-up between Bambi and The Lion King.  If I really had to choose though, Bambi would certainly win.  The Lion King was a GREAT movie (Don't know about the second and whatever else came after the first one), but Bambi was just so heart filled and direct.  I don't think any movie (Disney or not) could ever beat it.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i remember getting up early to watch darkwing duck, duck tales, and the old disney cartoons on saturday. those were great, but my favorite disney movie is robin hood, animated wise, next favorite potc

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Walt Disney's favourite movie was Bambi.  

I understand what you mean LBTL because, I feel that way with the Lion King.    Bambi was a beautiful film, it was one of my childhood favourites along with Beauty and the Beast, Robin Hood and Dumbo.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I voted for Aladin because there are so many likeable characters from it and it blend humor and action rather well. The Genie was funny and so was Jafar and Iago.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Too hard to choose....favorite Disney movie of all time doesn't give a lot of wiggle room. :p  I'm going to stick it Bambi as one of my favorites.  A lot is said and done without words and without jokes.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All were Awesome.  But I always like Dumbo the most.